FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some designing help

ahussain
I need help from good designers in my website to give a kick up the backside. Plz accept my invitation to help esspecially the admins they seem smart.
To check out how iv done so far go to www.harrypotter.frihost.net/home.htm
foggy
Note: I fixed your link, you had misspelled "frihost."

First, I want to say that it is apparent that you have spent a pretty good deal of time on putting that site together, and the purpose of this post isn't to bash your work, rather just offer some helpful advice.

Secondly, I would like to remind you that the point of making a website isn't to smash as many java(script) effects that you think look cool, together. There should really be nothing on the page the distracts the visitor from the content, for example, your rippling title graphic. Also, try reducing the intrusiveness of the text that first greets the visitor. It should be enough to use proper capitalization on it. Also trash that extremely stupid block of text you have scrolling in the status bar because (1) I know what time it is, and (2) if you have anything you need to say regarding who made the page, include it on the page.

I'm also not a big fan of frames, they are somewhat messy, but it isn't too terrible on your page. Just keep tweaking things for the better and your site will improve. It isn't bad to begin with.
ahussain
Could you help me out I could really use it other wise my website will continue developing like the trash uve seen.