FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

God of War

Sinars
Never before have I seen a game with so much testerone-enchanced arse kicking filled to the brim with violence and gore. If there was a video game on Chuck Norris, this would be as close as you could get. Please post your comments.
Kelcey
I'm gonna have to pick it up now that it's a greatest hits. But I'm gonna wait on a deal for greatest hits cause tekken 5 is one now too.
rightclickscott
I haven't been able to play it since my PS2 broke! I promised myself never to use a smilie but... Crying or Very sad
Sinars
For those of who haven't played it, I recommend getting your hards on a copy any way you can. Be it hiring it, buying or loaning from a friend. This game seriously is a must play.
firmawao
The game has great reviews. Sounds like to get a copy right a way....
I've seen some screenshots and it looks great to...
springbok
This is a great game, not much can compare to it, I have also played Spartan Total Warrior but that is nowhere near as good.

Can anyone suggest anything else that is as close in the same genre?
Joe944
This game was seriously one of those games that I could not put down. And that is an incredible feat for me because my attention span for playing one game is like 2 year old born addicted to crack. It doesn't help that I have way too many games at the moment to choose from.

Any of you heard about the sequel? I was a little sad to hear about it but also couldn't help but be a little curious. I was hoping the team who made it would use their creativity and come up with another original game, because that's what the market really needs. At the very least it'll be another good game to play.
Sinars
A game similar to God of War is Prince of Persia. God of War has a far better combat system. But Prince of Persia has a far better adventure/exploration system. What with all the running along walls and rewinding time.
Joe944
They are similar but only just. Prince of Persia (at least sands of time, haven't played the other two) was a lot more focused on precision and hit and run fighting. God of War had some of that also but the fighting is a bit more in your face.
jarcelao
One of the best action-adventure game ever made for PS2! Definitely a must have for every PS2 gamer out there! The combat is very cool and entertaining plus the storyline adds drama to the game! What else could you ask for? Wink