FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

warranty

hokyki
Hey,
I've had a 4th gen ipod and its been out of warranty for like 6months. I had it replaced during the warranty only to find out that you don't get a new warranty with the new ipod, wtf. Now its out of warranty and doesn't work, the hard drive is stuffed. I took it to apple and they said the will not fix it, not because its out of warranty but simply because they don't do that, wtf.

I'm angry at that but, my question is, would Creative have similar rules when it comes to replacing and fixing their products.

I'm looking at the new zen vision:m, i want it really badly but don't want to have the same problems as i did with apple.

Has anyone had any experience with creative?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PS: Im sorry if I've posted it in the wrong forum
Animal
When you return any product for a warranty repair, it is still covered by the warranty that came with th original product. So, for example, if you had an iPod for 6 months that broke, the repaired / replaced iPod would still be covered by the remaining 6 months of warranty that came with the original product.

If you read Apple's terms and conditions, you'll see that your replacement iPod is also covered by a 90 day warranty, or the length of the original warranty - whichever is longer. I would suggest that you contact Apple to resolve this issue.

Creative are very likely to have the same warranty terms, as are any electronics company. I've had a few creative products and have used the returns service - I wasn't too impressed because it seemed to take ages, and I had to make expensive international calls any time I wanted to speak to them.