FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

increasing text with firefox

hokyki
One of the things I really like apart from tabbed browsing with Firefox is the ability to increase the text size on a web page by holding down the Control key and using the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Tonight I installed a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A and now can't perform this function. I hold the control key down and spin the scroll wheel of the mouse and all it does is scroll. BUGGER!

So my question. Is there another way to increase the text size or setup the mouse to work as before?

Cheers
James007
ctrl++ to increase
ctrl+- to decrease

Does that help?
TheGeek
i think this may be more of an issue for the software department, just thinking you may be able to receive more help there...

as for the problem, i say that either its an issue with your new mouse or its a problem with the settings in firefox. I know that you can turn the option on and off and i could be that you may have (or it may have) turned off the feature to do this. Try messing around in options/preferences to see if that can correct the problem. Also you may try updating your drivers possibly, it could be a driver issue. If not then i say try the CTRL + and CTRL - or try re-installing firefox.

Good luck
darth_pyro
Also, in firefox you can click the "veiw" menu, mouse over "text size", and click "increase". I know it seems a rather long way to do it, but I personally can never remember the hot keys for it, and usually just one or two times is enough to make sure I can read the text. I use it alot when I'm trying to read Korean or Japanese fonts, it just seems that they are so small for the relatively untrained eye.