FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much of you computers power is wasted?

What do you do with your Big & Powerful rigs?
Gaming
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Word Processor Only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Basic Internet Terminal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Watching DVD Movies
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Video Editing, Audio Mixing, and the like...
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Media Center
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Graphic Design
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

ForceRun
There are a lot of people looking for new computers, I always ask them the same question, what do you plan to do with your computer? It is sad to see guys waste a bunch of cash to buy a cool rig only to type up school papers and surf the internet. How does you usage fit your computer's power.
Boles Roor
Gaming, Graphics Design and Folding@Home for me mostly.
technology.sponge
occasional gaming, word processing, occasional vid/audio editing, watching xvid movies, surfing, and BOINC projects for me
Urahara
Lots of gaming and graphics editing. Occassional video editing, coding, creating maps for games, etc.
mathiaus
Gamin, Programming, general surfing, college coursework, BOINC stuff (BBC weather atm), streamin (radio & other stuff), watch DVD's. All sorts for me really, apart from image, audio and video editing where I'm clueless.

People still want a poweful PC though. I'm sure lots of people would have a new X1900XTX if it was 50 even if they only word processed. People like to show off Angel
ForceRun
Yea I realize that most people on this form, Hardware, actually use their computers. I wonder over all what people do on the lines of CPU usage?
greendayonline.co.nr
video editing, burning cds / dvds, convertiong video files and stuff like that
psycosquirrel
I do a lot of CS mapping, and the compiling usually takes 100% cpu usage, 100% RAM usage, with tons of swap transfers going on (using the hard drive as ram). I also game with this machine a lot, but nothing very demanding. I also have a website (obviously), so I make a lot of graphics, games, and do a lot of Flash/ movie editing on it.
xorcist
I say games and Watching DVD Movies, Playing games the most because all of those graphics and now most days these games taking up so much CPU and the games are getting bigger and bigger not even working on normal computers that you use around the house.
Rocky3478
Word processing, browsing, web design, photo editing, emailing, IMing, audio format conversion, bluetooth.....
sunjay
I'm on a Celeron 1.1ghz and do most of my work on it:-) use photoshop, maya and sonar.

goes to show that you dont need a full on POWERFUL computer to do most things. although, it is much more enjoyable to have a faster computer than what i've got.
s43ros
I do the works

Gaming, graphics design, audio editing, music composition, audio recording, video editing, the occasional word document, and of course...homework help
ocalhoun
My cpu is only really maxed out when I apply an effect in the gimp, or make a program that enters an infinite loop.
Code:

int nx=1;
while(nx<1)
  {
    cout << nx;
    nx=nx+nx
   }
return 0;

Its the equivilant of digital torture!