FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AMD LIVE! Logo Leaked, Launch Imminent

surdy
Quote:
AMD's LIVE! program takes one more step towards a holiday 2006 launch

We just received word via AMD memos that the LIVE! initiative is finally starting to solidify. The new LIVE! logo, featured right, will show up on all new systems built by AMD that fill the requirements for media and home entertainment systems.

AMD's LIVE! program is virtually identical in spirit and practice to Intel's Viiv initiative. A few weeks ago, we detailed out the specifics of the two programs and came to the conclusion that both platforms have a ways to go to even compete with existing Apple alternatives. LIVE! already has Vista Premium certification, but with the delay into 2007 the upcoming OS should have little effect on the 2006 launch of LIVE!.

System builders tell us they have been briefed on LIVE! and we may start seeing systems announced this summer already. Expect an avalanche of AMD info over the next few weeks. AMD roadmaps claim systems will actually start shipping in early Q4'06.

Source : http://www.dailytech.com/

TheGeek
From the article, it sounds kinda cool, though i havent really heard anything about this so called "AMD Live!" so i guess im asking what is it? I sorta got the idea that its a new line of processors aimed at the portable media market, but i wasn't sure exactly on specifics, the article was a little vague. Could you maybe post an article explaining to those of us who do not already know what this new program is?
Donutey
It's like Intel Viiv, except with a different name and equally vague at what it is...

I think it's more of a computing platform... like centrino... but hardware wise it doesn't mean a whole lot Rolling Eyes