FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


May I request permission to have music on my site?





bladesage
I am managing a band. While we do not have any songs recorded just yet, I would like to know if I can once we do start recording them. I know it's in the TOS that I can't, but one of your posts said I can with special permission from you.

I am talking about legal, licensed music files, that are our original making. Since the site you're hosting for me (which I absolutely love) is for my band, I was hoping to soon be able to provide my visitors with samples of our music. Once again, we do not have any yet, but we would like to know if we may soon.

I was planning on having them in Real audio, Windows Media audio, and Quicktime audio formats, and I was hoping to stream them (to prevent illegal downloads of it). Please correct my terminology if neccesary, as I'm fairly new to streaming media. Once again, this is just a great convenience I'm asking of you.

The songs will (or would) be fully legal (I've never broken any law, and I don't wish to start). I make it such a long post, for a simple question, but being an over-achiever I tend to write very large amounts of information for small things (perhaps I subconsciously strive for perfection and extra credit).

By the way, I have just finished arguing with my bass player that I can't put any songs from bands that we love (and inspire us) on the site. I believe I did eventually convince him, but I don't give him access to the DirectAdmin or anything, anyway. He tends to be a little thick-headed, but you didn't hear it from me Silenced.
mOrpheuS
bladesage wrote:
I am talking about legal, licensed music files, that are our original making. Since the site you're hosting for me (which I absolutely love) is for my band, I was hoping to soon be able to provide my visitors with samples of our music.

You're seeking permission to seek permission !? Shocked Laughing

Please ask for it at the "Request an Account Change" section.

bladesage wrote:
By the way, I have just finished arguing with my bass player that I can't put any songs from bands that we love (and inspire us) on the site. I believe I did eventually convince him, but I don't give him access to the DirectAdmin or anything, anyway. He tends to be a little thick-headed, but you didn't hear it from me Silenced

Shhh .
But please ensure nothing like that happens.
Your account and its contents are your responsibility after all. Wink

bladesage wrote:
I was hoping to stream them (to prevent illegal downloads of it)

That's not allowed.
Perhaps not even possible with the current software configuration of our servers.



-locked- to prevent redundant replies, please PM a mod if you need this thread re-opened.
Related topics
Some not so commonly asked questions.
my new music site
Pandora music site...
Integrating Mp3s Into Flash?
music situation rule
uploading files
Music Site
Submit your site in Featured Link for Free! PR4 site
Can I make music site?
New music site. Songza.com
My Multi-Site
Music website?
Advertise My Site! Get Paid
SMU: Small GFX and WebSite Templates for Frih$
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.