FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Good festivals





mikemao
I usually travells to a couple of fetivals each year and love to be part of the atmosphere. My favourite festivals are Roskilde in denmark and lost weekend in Norway, but i'm always in search of other interresting festivals.
If anyone have some good recommendations to any great festival in europe I would love to hear about them.
H3LL5P4WN
Must be nice to actually be on the same side of the ocean as Rosklide.

Check out Sounds of the Underground.
Zibé
If you like world music, you would like "le festval du bout du monde" :
reggae, drum n' bass, trip-hop, ska, african music, text songs...

I was in this fest last year... 3 awesome days ! Very Happy
Konfunderad
I've never been to it, but the Quartfestival in Norway sounds great, and so does Hultsfred, Sweden.
Frop
Konfunderad wrote:
I've never been to it, but the Quartfestival in Norway sounds great, and so does Hultsfred, Sweden.


Tool are playing Quart Smile

Rock werchter in Belgium is also a great festival (www.rockwerchter.be)

Also Graspop(www.graspop.be) for all you metalheads Laughing
deleenheir
Frop wrote:
Konfunderad wrote:
I've never been to it, but the Quartfestival in Norway sounds great, and so does Hultsfred, Sweden.


Tool are playing Quart Smile

Rock werchter in Belgium is also a great festival (www.rockwerchter.be)

Also Graspop(www.graspop.be) for all you metalheads Laughing



Rockwerchter is da bomb!
Ioana
mikemao wrote:
I usually travells to a couple of fetivals each year and love to be part of the atmosphere. My favourite festivals are Roskilde in denmark and lost weekend in Norway, but i'm always in search of other interresting festivals.
If anyone have some good recommendations to any great festival in europe I would love to hear about them.


I recommend the Benicassim festival north of Barcelona. Once i've been and it was very nice music and grate atmosphere there.

Have fund this summer!
9/10 NME
I haven't been to a festival before, but I'm going to the V Festival in August, because I want to see Radiohead, Beck and Bloc Party.

Any advice on stuff I should take?
Jurado
Go to Rock Werchter it is just the best festival (136 Euro for 4 days), This year I am going to it altough the groups are not so good . But I live 3 km from Werchter so it would be stupid not going to Rock Werchter.

Grtzz
ralphbefree
Every year in september around the equinox a globally-synced festival takes place. I love to go to the one here in Northern California. The atmosphere is all about concious evolution and everyone is really positive. At one moment at all the festivals around the world a "prayer for peace" takes place that involves one track being played simutaniously on every stage across the world. This is a really powerful experience and I would encourage everyone and anyone that atleast interested in raising a higher global concious to go.
http://www.earthdance.org/

has anyone been to one?
Raffles
Dunno if it's too pop-y for you guys, but T In The Park in Scotland is a great festival. It's the main one here, and has a great mix of everything.

It'll be my second one this year. Lots of my friends go.

www.tinthepark.com
Brakdûr
Every witsun, there is the Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig, 4 Days of good muisc, Readings, Movies, Conversation, Dancing. One of the best festivals I know (if you are into a little Bit of Goth Smile).
The best things about this festival are: 4 Days for around 50 Euro, and (this is really the best for me) it is spread around the whole city, so you are not in a area, you have to travel and see something of the beautiful city...

Great festival

Greets
achene
i havent actually been there but earthshaker festival have some really cool artists this year. its only heavy metal and rock though but that how I like it !
cant stand rap and such.
Tugsy
I'm off to the Reading weekend this year, they've got a good lineup of bands there already with more still to be announced Smile

Main Stage

Franz Ferdinand
Muse
Pearl Jam
Kaiser Chiefs
Arctic Monkeys
Placebo
Audioslave
The Streets
MY Chemical Romance
Feeder
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Bell & Sebastian
Dirty pretty things
Fall Out Boy
Futureheads
The Subways
The cribs
Panic! at the disco
Wolfmother

Radio 1 Tent!

Primal Scream
The Raconteurs
Maximo Park
The rakes
The kooks

Very Happy
anxiety1
Tugsy wrote:
I'm off to the Reading weekend this year, they've got a good lineup of bands there already with more still to be announced Smile

Main Stage

Franz Ferdinand
Muse
Pearl Jam
Kaiser Chiefs
Arctic Monkeys
Placebo
Audioslave
The Streets
MY Chemical Romance
Feeder
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Bell & Sebastian
Dirty pretty things
Fall Out Boy
Futureheads
The Subways
The cribs
Panic! at the disco
Wolfmother

Radio 1 Tent!

Primal Scream
The Raconteurs
Maximo Park
The rakes
The kooks

Very Happy



me too man gonna be sooo good,

just waiting for the dance tent acts to be announced now and it will all be sweet - bring on pendulum!!!

its gonna be welll hard to see all the bands you wont though, cos theres so many!

You goit a weekend ticket?
jeremoi
If you want to go to saint-malo(the site is in English), France, there is La Route du rock which this year has Franz Ferdinand, Belle And Sebastian, Calexico and Mogwai.
Related topics
Concerts - Which have you attended?
mid-moon day is coming ,so let me post some moon cake here,
FIREWORKS
islam is...
God saved me today..Blasts in New delhi.....
my world rocks
I have dreams
Art Gallery
NIGHTWISH!
Do you hate xmas?
How was your new years eve/ new years day?
festivals and customs
Festivals
Local festivals or traditions?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.