FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is ment by Permission in FriHost File Manager?

lancerfootwear
Dear Sir/Madam
I want to know about the Permission Column in File Manager Under FriHost Web Account. When i handles my files using file manager it shows a column with name Permission generally having two values (755 and 644). and my problem is that when i upload a file using file manager and if that file exists already in file manager then it does not change the changes made in original file, is it due to that Permission setting or is there any other reason behind it.
please tell me i am waiting for a positive response.

thanking you.
wumingsden
Do you mean something like the following:

you have a index.html file in the public_html directory and if you upload a index.html file in the same directory then it won't change, it will stay the same?

if so then it should change. Are you looking at the file manager, ie, the difference in size ? If not then I'm gathering that you are looking in your browser. I'd recommend refreshing the page. If it looks the same then clear your cache and see wether it is the correct page.

The CHMOD's 755 and 644 should be ok. I believe some CHMOD's, for instance 666 - I think - cannot be deleted.