FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web based OS--EyeOS

yupeng
Quote:
EyeOS, a web based desktop system. With eyeOS we can access our data and our applications anywhere, anytime. A virtual office in our hands, no need to install anything in the computer. Everything lives in the browser, for you and your work colleagues. eyeOS is open source and free software. Set up freely an account on our servers or, if you prefer it, install it in your server. Make your life easier with the virtual word processor, calendar, file manager, messenger, browser and other applications. And if you want more applications, just visit the eyeOS Application Database!

Animal wrote:
Please use quote tags when copying and pasting text from external sources. Read the rules for information on how to do this properly.
d722002
where do we get such an OS?
martindecorte
d722002 wrote:
where do we get such an OS?

Use google... http://www.eyeos.org/

Please note this is NOT an OS ! It's an application in which you can do everything.
dragonflame
interesting, but you have to run a php web server to use it...plus it seems hard to install stuff (well, tar files vs a simple exe...)

If anyone installs it and is willing to let other people try, pls post it here.
{name here}
So, in a way, its a bit like NetWare, right?
redice
Oh, It is very interesting. It is another use of JAJX? Maybe "GOOGLE OS" will just act like this?

hum, What is your OS tomorrow? Smile
Kd527
This is quite interesting. And a different approach to systems...interesting.
anurag_bhd
Wow! This is really interesting. I downloaded the eyeOS and it is really worth appreciations and accolades. Its a good utitity for anyone who wants an off-track from the normal boring routine of using the Windows system the same old way. And the greatest part is that eyeOS is yet another Free Software from the world of open source. Has a decent and cool interface. Really Great!!! Cool
phx777
i wouldnt say this is really an os Razz maybe a desktop environment, but people who started with it clearly didnt know what an OS is Razz