FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

May i Install EyeOs in my hosting?

yupeng
Hello,my admin.I heared about a web based OS eyeos,that can run in a Php hosting,i want to ask about whether i can install it in my hosting???
The official site of eyeos:
http://www.eyeos.org
n0obie4life
EyeOS is for Windows. Not for Linux..we run linux servers Wink
yupeng
Oh,i'm very sad for that information.
I thought that i can have a try with it.
Thank you admin for your answer!
yupeng
EyeOs is a web based OS,it can run in PHP hosting,one of my friend had installed it,i will have a try.May i admin?
n0obie4life
yupeng wrote:
EyeOs is a web based OS,it can run in PHP hosting,one of my friend had installed it,i will have a try.May i admin?

It's an application that runs on Windows. But still, we will not allow you to install operating systems on our server!
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
yupeng wrote:

It's an application that runs on Windows. But still, we will not allow you to install operating systems on our server!
Um, it's not an actual operating system. It works on Linux (obviously) because it's PHP-based. There's even a different version for Windows IIS: http://www.eyeos.org/miniserver
mOrpheuS
Marston wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
yupeng wrote:

Um, it's not an actual operating system. It works on Linux (obviously) because it's PHP-based. There's even a different version for Windows IIS: http://www.eyeos.org/miniserver

Now that I've installed this script on my local machine for testing, I think I can safely say that it's probably no heavier than most other php scripts.
Heck, it doesn't even need a database !

Infact it's a very novel concept, although I don't really see any clear purpose behind this Laughing

Features :
  • 1.37 MB installed size !
  • It can save files to your webspace, thus simulating an operating system.
  • There are windows ! you can move-resize-maximize them ... they even minimize to a taskbar !
  • The "wordprocessor" is uncannily similar to tinyMCE.
  • You can install additional "programs".
  • It doesn't run too well on my IE 6.0, works fine on FireFox 1.5.0.1 and doesn't work AT ALL on my Opera 8.51.

• And .... there is no command line Laughing

The default install looks pretty much harmless to me, although I can't say that about the additional applications that you can install on it.
Bondings
Well, if it is exactly like Morpheus said, then yes it is allowed.