FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favourite thing in FireFox?

hack_man_
What is your favourite thing(s) in FireFox?

My favourite things are

Tabs
    Themes
    Download Manager
Kur0
My favourites are:

The Tabbed Browsing
The ability to Download extensions
The fact that it automatically downloads flash, shockwave, etc.
{name here}
Extensibility
Tabbed Browsing
Follows HTML Standards
martindecorte
Tabs
Open-source Very Happy
Extensions & Themes
Portability
Reign
tabs and password manager
ranzon
my favourite thing in firefox.. hmm. it has to bee the tab system and popup blocker.

no more 100000000 popups everytime i go on a web site, and i've don't get 100 sites on my navigation bar in windows, because off the tab system..
and i like the simple design, easy to navigate with and find all the functions.

but now i changed to opera.. Wink
desertwind
Open Source
Extensions
Tabs
Popup Blocking
W3C Standards Compliance
dragonflame
I highly recommend the stumpleupon add on.
Rocky3478
Well, when I use Firefox, it would be -

Tabs
Complete security
Open Source
Bookmark Bar
Extensions

But then, I don't use it that much. It's too slow for me. Wink
charredii
I actually have a problem

anytime I was a wmv clip, i don't get any controls. Does anyone know how to fix this.

I love tabs too, but there are many browsers with tabs as well ( I still use Firefox)
TheGeek
tabs
adblock
built in pop-up blocker
extensions
themes
update frequency
all around flexability
Revvion
Mine are:
-Fast
-Free
-Open source
-Tabs
manumiglani
- Its Fast

- Search to 8 Search Engines from the browser itself.

- Its options are quite clear

- website's source opens it its own program rather than notepad, which differentiates between the tags by colours, so it makes it easier to understand the source of any website.

- cutomized buttons that save a lot of time for me.
garionw
Mine are:
-Fast
-Free
-Search
-Tabs
-Themes
-Its not Internet Explorer
Greeny
hack_man_ wrote:
What is your favourite thing(s) in FireFox?

My favourite things are

Tabs
    Themes
    Download Manager

Yeah same here,

mainly download manger, as you can see how much you have downlaoded and how long is left, and password manager so i don't have to keep remembering every password for every site i go on lol

And i have noticed that, when i use IE is slow but when i use firefox is alot quicker.
mike16889
the things i like are:

security (its realy good)
tabs
dload maneger
extensions
it defualtly shows transperant images as transperant when IE doesnt
and a hole heap more....
yjwong
I like Firefox because there is an extension named FireFTP, which is a FTP client. Furthermore, it is faster in terms of rendering speed, and it does give relevant and user-friendly message when a page is not found or has an error. It is also good for javascript developers as there's the existence of the Javascript Console, which is used to analyse javascript and css errors. The built in DOM inspector lets developers inpect the Document Object Model of the particular document.

If you want to compare the rendering speed of Firefox to IE, download the IETab and Fasterfox extension so that you can see which rendering engine is better. Switch between Firefox rendering engine (Gecko) and Internet Explorer's rendering engine (Trident) and check the fasterfox page load timer. I bet that Firefox loads faster!

Firefox is also the world's most CSS standards compliant browser - it should be the developers choice! Lastly, Firefox is open source - you can modify it in any way you like!
Talk2Tom11
my favorite thing in firefox is the fact that there are soo many different extensions for it. I like an application that cna be customizable and can be updated.
selim06
Mine are:
-Fast
-Free
-Open source
-Tabs
-Adblock system(optional)
-Cache system
Reozord
-Open Source
-Tabs
-Fast
-1337N355
-lollniss
WIK123
I find that Opera is better than firefox. YOU should use Opera from [url]www.opera.com
randomaccess
I like the extentions in it
rybakfanfiction
In internet explorer, I can have 12 windows open at the same time, but in firefox, i can have 12 windows, each with 12 tabs. So I can get 144 pages open at once, though, I dont know why I would need that many Wink
dz9c
Tabs and Themes
{name here}
WIK123 wrote:
I find that Opera is better than firefox. YOU should use Opera from [url]www.opera.com

Yep, opera is pretty good...
m_furquan36
Firfox is by far the best browser...

I like it cuz:

Tabbed browsing
Animated Gif files keep running when you click the stop button
Automatic downloading of the extentions viewer (e.g shockwave)
It fast, dosent lag on a slo pc, like internet explorer
looks sleeker, like the interface
Love the UNLIMITED extentioins avalable online
support for alot of improvements in the future
is open source
Dosent belong to my arch rival bill gates Wink

luv it! Cool
dz9c
Ah yes the security I like too, plus I think it has way less bugs than Internet Explorer. I still might use IE sometimes because most of my programs will launch a IE browser more often than a Firefox one even though firefox is my default.
roneytyc
Tabs
Themes
Download Manager
Fast