FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Superman returns... Destined for greatness or disaster?

endamckenna
I’ve been following the progress of the upcoming Superman Returns flick, and I’m nervous.

I really want this to be an excellent movie. I’ve been a fan of the whole series (especially the original Donner movie) and I can’t help but be apprehensive about Routh playing the man of steel.

What do you guys think. There are loads of photos and info over at www.bluetights.net

Check them out and the trailer at apple.com and let me know…
altikris
I think it looks amazing. The effects and all. I dont think the actor should have any trouble portraying Clark Kent. I cant wait!
alkady
I just hope this movie is a true sequel and not another attempt to reinvent the franchise.
nakamaru
This movie looks awesome! I sure hope that it is. I will definitely go to it right when it comes out.
gagga
Looks interesting. I used to be a big Superman fan when I was a little boy. I have probably seen the 2nd movie 20+ times Embarassed
Didn't like 3rd and 4th movie very much though. I hope this one can be on the same level as the 2 first movies.
Scaramanga
alkady wrote:
I just hope this movie is a true sequel and not another attempt to reinvent the franchise.

Have you actually SEEN all the Superman flicks? Some of them were downright horrible. According to Singer this film is going to be a true sequel to the first film ONLY (with some nods to the second film, but mostly from the Louis romance side of things, not the whole retarded fight with Zod & his minions - can you say flying cellophane?)
Jayfarer
I believe Singer said it would be a sequel to the first two. Meaning it's like an alternate part 3.
Phibur0ptixz22
I think that this movie will be awsome, sure i'm partiall because i'm a Superman nut, but judgeing from the preview it looks like a great movie.
Scaramanga
Jayfarer wrote:
I believe Singer said it would be a sequel to the first two. Meaning it's like an alternate part 3.

The only part from 2 that Singer has said is canon as far as he's concerned is the Louis love-story aspect. The rest of the retardation from that film he is ignoring. This is after he was directly questioned about this at last-years Comic-Con.
MYP415
It looks like it'll be really good and I think they will pull through. This movie will sell a lot of tickets definetely. It'll attract all the old school Superman movie fans and all the new school smallville fans.
Kai
Scaramanga wrote:
alkady wrote:

Have you actually SEEN all the Superman flicks? Some of them were downright horrible. According to Singer this film is going to be a true sequel to the first film ONLY (with some nods to the second film, but mostly from the Louis romance side of things, not the whole retarded fight with Zod & his minions - can you say flying cellophane?)

I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling it will turn out with the whole movie being special effects and no plot. It all seems like a money scheem
DarkJedi323
I think it is going to be perfect! I can't wait anymore. I'd love to watch Tom Welling,Clark Kent in Smallville TV Series, as Superman. But anyway this movie is going to be cool. Cool
djfreakske
i just saw the trailer, and this this movie looks very awsome Very Happy
hope it comes out soon then i can go see it.
HDirtwater
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor is brilliant casting. Hope the rest of the movie doesn't suck.
alkady
Jayfarer wrote:

Superman 3, That has to be the funniest one, I mean cmon, There is this guy who tricks the computer system for the pay roll to give him the pennies deducted which he bought a fancy car with.
Jayfarer
New trailer is up:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/

It's pretty cool. The flying/landing looks better than The Matrix.
CrookedBlaze
Dude, no one can ever replace Chris Reeves for me.

But, it looks pretty good....I'm awaiting it's arrival to theatures. I don't think it's going to be totally tubuler, but it'll be good.
ryanh2006
DarkJedi323 wrote:
I think it is going to be perfect! I can't wait anymore. I'd love to watch Tom Welling,Clark Kent in Smallville TV Series, as Superman. But anyway this movie is going to be cool. Cool

Yeah that is soooo true. Its kinda dissapointing that they did not use the smallville crew but it is understandable that they couldn't. Anyways, I can not really say whether or not this flick will flop as I have not even seen the trailer but I saw the costume and that scared me! mmmm ok gtg now...!
talonsmallville
I have so many goods expectives to see this new movie.
Think will be great, there are so good actors on it so we should "to bet" in see that.
molif
if onli tom welliing play as clarke kent on superman 3, that will be double great... but oh well..