FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux Network connections

jabapyth
Dos anyone know of a "network connections"(to use the MS word) application for Linux?
I just got MEPIS Linux, and am having problems with my DSL and LAN connections(through ethernet).

Thank You.
yupeng
I know that we can use telnet or ssh to connect to linux from windows,but i don't know how to use MS word in telnet or SSH.
May be i disunderstand your meaning.
AftershockVibe
I've never used MEPIS but doesn't it have a configuration centre thing going on? If not you might want to have a look in /etc/resolve.conf but configuring networks from text files is never fun!
TheGeek
i usually just use the included network tools that come with the OS, you shouldnt need to use other apps to connect to a LAN with linux, generally they have that capability included in the install package...though i could also be misunderstanding your question...
jabapyth
yupeng wrote:
I know that we can use telnet or ssh to connect to linux from windows,but i don't know how to use MS word in telnet or SSH.
May be i disunderstand your meaning.

You are correct, you disunderstood. when i said "(to use the MS word)", I meant "the word in MS jargon"(MSwinXP has a handy wizard called 'network connections' for configuring internet,LAN connections)