FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you burn your music???

assex
Which software do you use to burn audio CDs???
I use iTunes sometimes, sometimes Real Player or I use Nero...which one do you use???
Blaster
I used nero and somthing that came with our very first buner on my other computer.
djclue917
I use Easy CD-DA Extractor. Go here for more info: http://www.poikosoft.com/
Animal
djclue917 wrote:

But you can't use that to burn audio to the CD - it's for ripping it from the CD Rolling Eyes

I use Nero, but I don't like it. It's an OEM version that puts an advert link on my desktop and task bar every time I run it. Unfortunately the only other audio burning software I have is a really old OEM version of Easy CD Creator that doesn't play nicely with XPSP2 and AVG.
Reign
Nero 6

great program!
{name here}
Realplayer usually, and sometimes with Sonic Recordnow!, but Sonic is more for Data and ISOs than burning music...
Phil
For some reason I always keep coming back to Musicmatch. It just does everyting I want it to. Nero was just too much and Winamp's free versions have been less and less user-friendly.
Another cool prgram is Foobar 2000. It's a neat player that also has a CD-Burner add-on.
Only problem with Foobar is it comes as a very basic, very plain player. To really find out what it can do you've got to do some scripting.
AftershockVibe
I use Nero for my mix CDs and I use iTunes for making copies of CDs I have already ripped - as it keeps the song order nicely.
ranzon
i'm using ahead nero, and windows mediaplayer, and i pretty satisfyed with it.. i'm sorry for my bad english..
win66
Normally I use Nero to burn Music to CDR.
Rocky3478
iTunes, and LiquidCD.
Stubru Freak
Nero, because it is preinstalled on my computer.
izcool
Nero Express. I appreciate this updated version because I used to use Nero 5 and it was harder than heck to figure out. Nero Express is really simple to use now.

- Mike.
jenius_92000
assex wrote:
Which software do you use to burn audio CDs???
I use iTunes sometimes, sometimes Real Player or I use Nero...which one do you use???

I use Nero because it has many benefits.

1. It has an audio editor so you can even improve the quality of music.
2. It has a whole suite of programs.

I still prefer Roxio for making copies (because it's faster) and for burning VCDs and DVDs because they look so professional
KHO
For an audio CD, l use iTunes, becasue afterwards, l will already have them in my library.
FoXhounD
I use Nero, a great program, but also pretty simple..

Perfect for me Very Happy
greendayonline.co.nr
i use itunes, nero, roxio and windows media players burning feature..i like windows media player because it is simple and easy to use Laughing Laughing
ocalhoun
K3B
Open source forever!
Arnie
Nero 5 or Burnatonce. On a sidenote, I only use Burnatonce because Nero 5 came bundles with one single device. If I had the option to use Nero for all my burners, I'd do that. Using software just because it's open source seems pretty fanboyish to me... but of course it gives you status, and that's what counts, isn't it?
Stubru Freak
Arnie wrote:
Nero 5 or Burnatonce. On a sidenote, I only use Burnatonce because Nero 5 came bundles with one single device. If I had the option to use Nero for all my burners, I'd do that. Using software just because it's open source seems pretty fanboyish to me... but of course it gives you status, and that's what counts, isn't it?

You can't stand open source can you?
But I agree that using open source because it is open source is a little "fanboyish".
On the other hand:
I use open source because it's free. It's free because it's open source. So I use open source because it is open source.
(Unless paid software is preinstalled on the system)
Arnie
Stubru Freak wrote:
That's not really true. Read my signature, it applies to the whole OSS software (and 'community') in general. Oh and to your sig as well! (sorry couldn't let that pass)
Josso
I use windows media player because it's easy and conveniant.
Stubru Freak
Arnie wrote:
Stubru Freak wrote:
That's not really true. Read my signature, it applies to the whole OSS software (and 'community') in general. Oh and to your sig as well! (sorry couldn't let that pass)

What do you call a fanclub?
I have good reasons why I want everyone to change to Firefox (in fact, to Firefox or another w3c-standards based browser). If that happens the internet would only have 1 standard (the w3c's) instead of 2 (the w3c's and microsoft's).
And only Microsoft's standard would not be an option, as Microsoft would certainly stop developing it after all concurrention is gone. And then other standards are made and it starts all over again.
dz9c
Sonic RecordNow works for me
Wimuel
I also use Nero for most of my burning, but if you want to make a personal back up for your copyrighted CD's Cool I find that Clone CD can do the job.
CAPEYOTA
I THINKS ASHAAMPOO IS GOOD.
mialynavahy
i use Sonic recordnow, i think it's good, it works for me, and for movies, i use DVDShrink (it's the best Smile )and then recordnow (always)
Talk2Tom11
I use nero burner. Neroburner is by far the best application for cd burning. it is great for data cd's and music cd's. For data cd's it allows you to continue a cd... you can burn like say 100MB on a cd of 700MB and then tell it to not finalize the cd... then burn another 600mb at a later date.
djclue917
Animal wrote:
djclue917 wrote:

But you can't use that to burn audio to the CD - it's for ripping it from the CD Rolling Eyes

Yes you can. I wouldn't post it here if it can't. Maybe your talking about the older versions of Easy CD-DA Extractor.
mateuszjp
I use Nero 7, because it have a lot of option!!!
I use Easy Instant CD/DVD too!! But the better programme it will be Nero!!
So choice one should to you!
Wimuel
Looking at the post I am amazed I don't here more references to CLONECD. It is one of the best programs for copying any CD out there even with protection on it. It is very easy to use and is flawless about 99% of the time. Only on rare occasions have I not been able to breakthrough CD protection and with a lifetime of free updates, the updates ususally catch up to the protection are able to eventually break it. It is my number one program to make all my CD backups which I own the original for and is legal to do. You can find the program at www.slysoft.com.
clownFart
i use itunes, now i have an ipod, so i dont burn it i copy it... with itunes.
bnbrown
CD Burner XP PRO!
asteriks
Roxio also is a fine program and of course nero smartsmart.
mialynavahy
now i use itunes, nero or easy Cd creator (i think it's the best)
tomahawk19
I use a variety of programs, but have been mainly sticking to Nero 7 Ultra lately. It seems to be able to do almost everything for me. I am going to go check out CLONECD, but don't really have money right now to purchase anything. I'm going to try out the demo for it. I also use Windows Media Player on occasion, and Winamp Pro. I'm installing Roxio later today, so hopefully I like it. I used it a way long time ago, but haven't used it in forever.
Rsam
I use mostly Nero.
the6thfactor
I just use iTunes... I have it open all of the time anyways, and since it has all of my music available right here in the library and I can just drag and drop into multiple playlists whenever I'd like, I prefer to just use it Smile Hasn't failed me yet.. now I just need to get my iPod fixed Mad Rolling Eyes
jimstelfox
I use Nero on my main computer, my laptop came with NTI installed so I use that when my main comp is busy.
Commando_Sondre
I use Ashampoo, since Nero 7 have some problems with .mp3 files. But Ashampoo... it works like hell!