FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mod make forum dead

madsencarl
http://www.thecrib.be/forum/index.php

Ok, I just installed (manually) the bookmaker mod on my forum, everything went smoothly (except a header in a custom template, but that don't matter), but now whenever I try to view any page in my forum it's all blank! Even the source!

Can somebody please help me?
ChrisCh
I'm not sure what exactly is causing the problem, but based on past experiences I'll take a stab...

1) Is your MySQL database intact? (assuming you setup your forum to use MySQL) If it is, you can use the phpMyAdmin tool to back it up, and then reinstall your forum.... Only do this if you have to!

2) Go to your admin panel (cPanel or DirectAdmin) and browse to your forum's directory. Then go to templates > **DEFAULT TEMPLATE NAME** > and then edit index_body.tpl (your default template will be subSilver unless you have changed it.

Edit the index_body.tpl file, and look for any of these at the top or bottom of the page:
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
<!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->
<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->

If any of these, especially the <!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in --> tag appear at the top of the page, i say remove it. Do not change the placings of any other tags throughout the content of the page unless you know that they are connected to the opening tag.

Of course this may not be what's causing your problem. If it's not, I hope you find more useful help Smile
n0obie4life
madsencarl wrote:
Even the source![/b]

What do you mean by that? You right click on your browser and click view source? Or do you mean, you open up the ACTUAL index.php file?

If you meant the second, that means your upload was not complete..when you uploaded, you uploaded a blank file Sad. Probably a connection error.
madsencarl
n0obie4life wrote:
madsencarl wrote:
Even the source![/b]

What do you mean by that? You right click on your browser and click view source? Or do you mean, you open up the ACTUAL index.php file?

If you meant the second, that means your upload was not complete..when you uploaded, you uploaded a blank file Sad. Probably a connection error.

Nope, the right-click, view source is blank.
Maybe this helps: I downloaded all my forum files, edited them on my comp, and then uploaded them.
n0obie4life
Check all the files that the Bookmarkers Mod edited and see if they were screwed Smile.

Examples - all the code is on one line. missing ?>..extra spaces on the top..etc
madsencarl
But that shouldn't affect all the files? Because none work.

edit: except install.php
n0obie4life
n0obie4life wrote:
Check all the files that the Bookmarkers Mod edited and see if they were screwed Smile.

Examples - all the code is on one line. missing ?>..extra spaces on the top..etc

I said check all the files that the mod edited. Don't tell me the mod edited every single fle.