FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP Layout Help -- URGENT

TheDarkLord
Okay so i'm nw to the whole php thing, but i have absoloutly no idea how to make a website layout. I mean if you want to change the color of the links or bg color u have to go through every page of ur site? Pls help...
littlegiant
What you really need to learn is some CSS so that you can change the styling across many pages at once using just one external CSS file. You can check out my tutorials on CSS here.
Nyizsa
And please be aware of something: PHP has nothing to do with the layout! PHP is executed at the server, usually invisibly to the client. It can output HTML, of course, but it will be still HTML - you need to apply the styles to HTML. And yes, learning CSS is a good idea!
yooksauce
test
riv
yooksauce wrote:
Yeah, you basically just set up a .css page, which you fill with as many css tags as you want, and each tag is defined with properties that you set. So if you set .tag1 to be red , size 11, bold, you then go to any of your pages and select whatever text you want to look a certain way and assign a tag to it. You just have to include the .css file in the beginning of all your pages.

I think you need to re-learn the basics of CSS. You make a CSS file, which you fill with CSS selectors. You can put a class selector in the CSS file,
Code:

.red {
          color: red;
          font-size: 11;
          font-weight: bold;
}

and you add 'class="red"' to HTML tags, for example "<span class='red'>Hello World</span>."

A good site to learn CSS design is at http://www.w3schools.com.
bnbrown
First off, php is not for layout. There is CSS for. You can also use <?php include('') ?> to use something in every page you include the file that consists the data. Hope it helps.