FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are the top three priorities for government spending?

Zach Ownz
I have to take a survey for school. so here are your choices....

Mark them with a 1, 2, or 3.... inside the []

I need atleast 50 people... so please help me out! and to the moderators... can you delete any off-topic posts, thx
____________________________'

Copy and paste the following into your reply, Mark the following with a 1, 2, or 3. 1 being the highest priority, then 2 being second and so on... ONLY LABEL 3 CHOICES WITH A NUMBER.

[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[] Administration of justice
[] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

Thx for your help! Very Happy
Jayfarer
#1 Education, #2 Medicare, #3 Social Security
xorcist
[3] Social Security
[] National Defense
[2] Education
[] Medicare
[1] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
Zach Ownz
I really need more feedback on this.... please reply.... just list the ones you want fromt he choices.... I NEED TO GET THIS DONE! Shocked
mathiaus
I'm from the UK rather than the US which I assume by your options you are from. Either way ...
medicare/health? whats the difference, education/training?

[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[3] Administration of justice
[1] Education
[2] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
goutha
[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[1] Administration of justice
[2] Education
[3] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
Vrythramax
[] Social Security
[3] National Defense
[2] Education
[] Medicare
[1] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

Are these the choices you were given to follow? Some of them could have been combined to produce a different result.
The Philosopher Princess
Zach Ownz wrote:

I am interpreting your use of “are” as meaning <What are the current priorities?> as opposed to <What should the priorities be?>. While I expect some other respondents to interpret this differently, I guess the goal is to receive speedy replies to the survey, rather than accurate data. But that's just a guess; maybe part of the survey is to see how people interpret it. Anyway, here are my sincerely offered answers.
~~~~~~~~~~
[3] Education (The second-runner-up, top priority of Government is the brainwashing of future citizens, because without proper brainwashing, people would quit swallowing the myth that Government is good.)

[2] National Defense (This is the first-runner-up but it is misnamed. It should be called National Offense, Imperialist Intervention, Other Country Occupation, and the Eternal War Department.)

[1] Other (In a democracy, the top top top priority is to funnel Government spending into politicians’ pockets, re-election campaigns, whatever projects enrich the special interest groups that get them re-elected, and to provide future jobs and wealth for the politicians after they leave office.)
~~~~~~~~~~
(FYI, if the question instead were <What should be the top priorities for Government spending?>, then the obvious answers would be to pick out what “problems” you would like to see turned into HUGE messes by the misguided application of Government control.)

(Zach Ownz, I hope you’re not scared to show your teacher my very truthful response to your survey. I wish you success in your class! Smile )
Assiez
The Philosopher Princess presents some very interesting ideas. However since you are conducting a survey, I'm assuming you're asking what they should be.

[ ] Social Security
[3] National Defense
[ ] Administration of justice
[2] Education
[ ] Medicare
[1] Health
[ ] Training
[ ] Transportation
[ ] Veterans
[ ] Other
sparks
I am from Africa so I think mine Will be very different

[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[3] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[2] Transportation
[] Veterans
[1] Other

By others I mean their own pockets.

Hope this information is helpful.
Greeny
It would help if you said which Country thou Wink

Well to me all of them are, as you can't igrone some of them over the others.
Zach Ownz
MORE MORE MORE!

Thanks to all, and its the US.
Gieter
[2] Social Security
[] National Defense
[1] Education
[] Medicare
[3] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
izcool
[1] National Defense (I refer you to this website - http://www.costofwar.com/)
[2] Social Security (I heard that it's going to go bankrupt, so I guess they're doing something about it to keep it alive)
[3] Education (I would assume education, as ever since the No Child Left Behind Act, the government only gives money to schools if they meet some certain expectations)

- Mike.
Gieter
izcool wrote:
[1] National Defense (I refer you to this website - http://www.costofwar.com/)

- Mike.

I don't think this thread specifically goes about the government spending of the US, and I also think that the money for the war in Iraq can be used in some better ways? And since most Western countries aren't in war, they don't need to spend so much on national defense.
DecayClan
Hope that i help you, so, this is it:

[2] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
ocalhoun
[] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

As far as I'm concerned, that's the only purpose of any government.
Helios
[2] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[] Education
[] Medicare
[3] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
adiutrix
Meh, this is what I would like MY government to spend money on:

1) Set up free beer for all
2) Have a massive parliament food fight
3) Beat each other up with baseball bats
4) Admit they do not know what they are doing

The people will love them!

But really, I think they should spend money on developing alternative energy sources for the future of this planet and medical research.
jazrt
this is my thoughts on the subject to. thank you Philosopher Princess.
The Philosopher Princess wrote:
Zach Ownz wrote:

I am interpreting your use of “are” as meaning <What are the current priorities?> as opposed to <What should the priorities be?>. While I expect some other respondents to interpret this differently, I guess the goal is to receive speedy replies to the survey, rather than accurate data. But that's just a guess; maybe part of the survey is to see how people interpret it. Anyway, here are my sincerely offered answers.
~~~~~~~~~~
[3] Education (The second-runner-up, top priority of Government is the brainwashing of future citizens, because without proper brainwashing, people would quit swallowing the myth that Government is good.)

[2] National Defense (This is the first-runner-up but it is misnamed. It should be called National Offense, Imperialist Intervention, Other Country Occupation, and the Eternal War Department.)

[1] Other (In a democracy, the top top top priority is to funnel Government spending into politicians’ pockets, re-election campaigns, whatever projects enrich the special interest groups that get them re-elected, and to provide future jobs and wealth for the politicians after they leave office.)
~~~~~~~~~~
(FYI, if the question instead were <What should be the top priorities for Government spending?>, then the obvious answers would be to pick out what “problems” you would like to see turned into HUGE messes by the misguided application of Government control.)

(Zach Ownz, I hope you’re not scared to show your teacher my very truthful response to your survey. I wish you success in your class! Smile )
thiamshui
[3] Social Security
[] National Defense
[1] Education
[] Medicare
[2] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

well, education is the number 1 priority of government spending.. this way, future leaders can be nurtured.. moreover, a degree is a common thing nowadays.. if a country does not spend money on education, the country will lose out eventually..

a good government puts the welfare of the people first before anything else, that is why i choose health and social security as my second and third choices.. health is important to ensure everyone is healthy and able to contribute to the economy.. social security gives everyone a peace of mind and also attracts foreign investments..

good luck with your survey! Smile
skygaia
I think

[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[2] Education
[1] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[3] Other

Other is Job Oppotunity.
Zal91
Hmm tough, lol...

[] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[2] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[3] Other
d722002
[] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[3] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[2] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
SNES350
Assuming you did not mean the question the way it is phrased and are asking for my opinion:

[] Social Security
[] National Defense
[1] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[2] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

My high school is terrible, and judging by what I have heard, nearly all American public schools are also terrible. Schools in other countries (esp. some Asian countries, I have noticed) are much better. That needs work. All but one or two of my courses this year, at my "Blue Ribbon of Excellence" awarded school, are not challenging in the least. These are the toughest classes available to me this year. No help there.
CompactHaven
#1 National Defense
#2 Administration of justice
#3 Other
TurkishGamer
Quote from jazzrt:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=260500&highlight=#260500

I completely agree with jazzrt's opinions. I think its very accurate.
Zach Ownz
why do you have to get all technical... its for a friggin school project...
RaMo
[] Social Security
[3] National Defense
[] Education
[] Medicare
[] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[1, 2] Other

what they should take care of is...

[3] Social Security
[] National Defense
[2] Education
[] Medicare
[1] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other

but they (the Government) only care about Money and Fame. Stupid Losers. Let me be president or primeminister for one day and i'll show them, They all racist and greedy gronks.

Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

(Zach Ownz, I hope you’re not scared to show your teacher my very truthful response to your survey. I wish you success in your class! )

Number 1 is true, the rest is all stupid all talk and lie's. the government don't care about us. If they did you think they would be spending Millions Of Millions of dollars on Sending Troops to other countries for war that doesn't got one bit got to do with them. you tell me. Just stupid.
selim06
[1] Social Security
[1] National Defense
[1] Administration of justice
[1] Education
[] Medicare
[1] Health
[] Training
[] Transportation
[] Veterans
[] Other
The Philosopher Princess
Zach Ownz wrote:
why do you have to get all technical... its for a friggin school project...

You’re right! We should not get in the way of your schooling by distracting you with technical stuff.

So, in your school system, what grade do they begin teaching a student how to deal with technical stuff?

Also, please tell us what grade you are in, so that we know how many years it will be before you will be able to handle technical stuff.

(Or maybe everything technical has been completely eliminated from your school system. Maybe you’ll have to wait to take “Technical 101” in college. Or maybe “they” have pushed the first introduction to anything technical to graduate school. It’s hard for me to keep up with how much education has been eliminated from the school systems.)
The Philosopher Princess
RaMo wrote:

Number 1 is true, the rest is all stupid all talk and lie's. the government don't care about us. If they did you think they would be spending Millions Of Millions of dollars on Sending Troops to other countries for war that doesn't got one bit got to do with them. you tell me. Just stupid.

Hmm? RaMo, could it be that you missed why I chose my #3 and #2, namely, “brainwashing” and “National Offense”? The Government spends lots of money on brainwashing, which prevents real education. It also spends exorbitant sums on aggressing other countries, hence offense that is misnamed defense.

You seem to make my points very nicely with your “the government [doesn’t] care about us”, so I’m not understanding your other point of “the rest is all stupid all talk and lie's.”
Vrythramax
jazrt wrote:
this is my thoughts on the subject to. thank you Philosopher Princess.
Zach Ownz wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

and your opinions are what exactly? If you are going to quote the "Princess"....say something.
ChaosMike
What should be priorities...
[1] National defense
[2] Administration of Justice
[3] Other