FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Change or is it just me?

Scorpio
There seems to be a change in the appearance of the menus and stuff here at the forums.

Is there a change or am I getting myself confused?

p.s If there is a change, the appearance looks quite smooth
Gieter
It's a change, and it now looks smoother indeed. Wink
nox-Hand
When did that happen? I have only been here for like 24 hours, so it may have been changed before that =/

nox-Hand
Zyrobot
FireFox Users no see this new theme Confused
nox-Hand
Why not..?

* logs into XP so he can see theme in IE *

nox-Hand
nox-Hand
Oh, that change Razz

nox-Hand
gh0stface
I like the new look. Smile
adiutrix
I concur, very appealing indeed.
heady233
scorpio wrote:
There seems to be a change in the appearance of the menus and stuff here at the forums.

Is there a change or am I getting myself confused?

p.s If there is a change, the appearance looks quite smooth

It's alot better. I didn't like plain old subsilver.
Hobbit
I feel the same about it, but a change doesn't bother me.
mathiaus
I can't see any differnce. I've even logged into IE to have a look. Anyone got a screenshot? Smile
thpn
Well, it wasn't horrible before but now it looks a lot better. I think they should change the background color though...or at least offer a variety of skins to choose from. I am getting bored of the grey-on-white theme.
Blaster
SubSilver looked better. But this is ok too. I don't really see that much of a change.
Scorpio
Zyrobot wrote:

I am using firefox here. I saw the change almost at once after it appeared
Blaster
I guess i see it unless there is more then i would see. I say that someone with IE should take a screen shot and post it up.
Scorpio
Here it is.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8648/untitled7qa.jpg
Blaster
Same thing i see with firefox. I want somone with IE. I don't have it on my computer.
Scorpio
Here you go.
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6420/untitled1ll.jpg
Blaster
Yea it looks the same i think.

Blaster
Blaster
Blaster

Blaster

Did anyone else notice the top three where me. Wink
n0obie4life
The new theme isn't seen in Opera too Smile.

Yes, we're coming up with a new theme soon (probably a total remake, this one is just a mini one Smile).

The person you have to thank is mOrpheuS, if I'm not wrong, he made the new colours Wink.
hack_man_
I am using FireFox and I can see it perfectly.

I love it! When is Bondings going to be telling us about the new themes?
Nameless
Eh, I prefer the old theme.
Code of Ruin
Doesn't look bad, at least it is easy on the eyes but I think it looks kind of depressing with all that grey.
oneightwo
to see it in firefox, just hold down SHIFT and click reload. That will load the new images into your cache Very Happy Very Happy
Bondings
oneightwo wrote:
to see it in firefox, just hold down SHIFT and click reload. That will load the new images into your cache Very Happy Very Happy

This is the same for all browsers. You need to refresh the page a few times to see the changes (due to the cache). Opera caches the most.
NuniPio
looking good Wink
ashen
Now, it looks better! Cool, I like it~!
xkarenflowerx
ooh. . it does look smoother. . i think it's nice \m/
nox-Hand
Sweet! Now I can see it in FireFox! It is very nice Very Happy

nox-Hand
tidruG
I already told you, Mr.Bondings that mOrpheuS did a fine job with his new crayons.

And well, someone wrote about this grey looking depressing..?
Firstly, it's more like greenish-grey. Looks neater and crispier than the dull blue.
Shiva
year!! I like the new smooth look too!!

Totally nice, man!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
SoftStag
It's OK, not that much different really. At least it's easy on the eyes. Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with SubSilver.
izimngcubes15
I guess there is a change, I haven't been here a while though... Shocked
photon
its pretty ok i guess. far better than the original Smile maybe we should also have a few good themes to choose from..
James007
I like it a lot... Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
I think....its a change, which is good...however the colour combination isnt that good...sry bondings...
desertwind
This one looks cool.... I like subSilver, and this one too. Seems so smooth
Marston
Why is the new FriHost taking so long?

Seriously, I could've finished like 100 websites since Bondings posted about there being a new FriHost in '06.
ChrisCh
i like the new layout - its very different and individual! good work Morpheus!
Soulfire
It's not bad, not my favorite (by far) but not bad.
garionw
Im not sure which one i like better. the look in IE and how you have scrapped the sidebar looks good but because its IE it turns me away from it. I think I will stick with firefox
Marston
thpn wrote:
Well, it wasn't horrible before but now it looks a lot better. I think they should change the background color though...or at least offer a variety of skins to choose from
Ironically, the new theme was supposed to remedy this.
eku53ru
I had a feeling that there was something different about the forum when I got onto it today; I didn't think it'd be a layout change. As others have said before me, the transition looks very smooth - kudos to Bondings for doing a good job with the color schemes and such.

From comparing it with the topic review frame when I'm posting, I love the new header color-thing; it doesn't stick out as much as just plain blue. My brain and eyes are unable to notice the other color changes, though; perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention to much of the previous color scheme. Smile
jostor
Personally i liked the old better, I think this is... I don't know, but the old was better.
Just my opinon.. I see you all liked it Smile
sush
Can't see a change, but the idea seems good Smile
maclui
this look rocks, a change so subtle, I notice it but I was not sure, Excelent job.
noexes89
I don't like vBulletin themes in general, but this will do. No one part makes my eyes bleed.
n0obie4life
Marston wrote:
thpn wrote:
Well, it wasn't horrible before but now it looks a lot better. I think they should change the background color though...or at least offer a variety of skins to choose from
Ironically, the new theme was supposed to remedy this.

thpn, you have to understand how much time Bondings has spent on just one theme. We don't modify our theme according to the modifications we install too.

If he installed 8 themes for Frihosters, he'll be spending more time on updating all his themes than on Frihost.

Which one do you actually prefer? I prefer the second one, to be frank.

One forum theme is enough, plus a community of 10,000 people? Plus over 1,000 hosted accounts with us? Plus problems in the Web Hosting Support forum? Plus removal of accounts of inactive Frihosters?

Do you want to try that?
Arnie
It's fine, but I would like a second option in the profiles for the original theme. Also, the name of this theme is still subSilver while it's modified.
dan751
Zyrobot wrote:

Firefox users do see this new theme. Perhaps you need to either refresh your browser or clear your cache. Wink
By the way Bondings and Morpheus, it's really nice, I like it.Very Happy
cheeta
Please provide a option to select subsilver (default pbpBB) skine also from the individual user settings...

personally i like subsilverd and only subsilver..... Smile Smile
LA Ridge
Yeah, great... So when is there gonna be some use for these here Fri bucks? I am curious to see what you might want to do with them.

And I haven't logged on for awhile, truthfully it looks pretty much the same. I guess there seems to be a tint change of some sort, not really that drastic. Wasn't it blueish before?
moejoe
Oh yer looks smooth
I like the dark grey header part, that looks awsome, it kinda blends in...but it kinda duznt.
lol, ok i'll shut up.

Yer looks good!
Good Choice!
DarkGoku
I'm a bit late. Embarassed

And to quote the famous words of Lloyd Christmas,

"Oi loik it a loit."

<_<
alkady
I havent noticed anything different, Either it's me or I just dont pay attention to looks.
babumuchhala
The themes way better. Thought frihost moved on to phpBB 3.0 pre beta Razz

The only grief i have is that there are no borders on the sides Sad

But hey nice job man Very Happy
bogger
Ok, you guys must be taking the piss, the new frihost logo was made by n0obie in paint, it's embarassingly bad

and the multicolouredness is getting on my nerves!
coolclay
WTF Why is everything rainbow!!! This isn't the home of the fagots reliable internet host, it is Free reliable internet host. The multi colors are incredibly hard to read and give the forum a very very unprofessional look. CHANGE IT BACK
Bondings
Coolclay and blogger, you can switch off the rainboxing by clicking here here.

By the way, it's only for one day. Wink
babumuchhala
And wat is that silly n4l made frihost logo doing there. Is this site run by a professional or a 4 year old kid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:

Though the Logo is "Different" it is kind o unprofessional.

It is not some kind of art piece. It would be nice if we had another logo

I would not mind the logo design, but the colors are an eyesore.

Is the logo too for one day?
Bondings
Scorpio, yes the logo is also for one day. I 'ordered' one with a lot of colours. Wink
bogger
Bondings wrote:

I'm insulted, it's bogger Crying or Very sad i've never had a blog Crying or Very sad

Yeah, sorry about that, i only noticed the the rainbox post AFTERwards
Bondings
bogger wrote:
I'm insulted, it's bogger Crying or Very sad i've never had a blog Crying or Very sad

You will probably not believe me, but that was a real typo. Embarassed
manumiglani
Bondings wrote:
Scorpio, yes the logo is also for one day. I 'ordered' one with a lot of colours. Wink

Thank God! the logo is for one day only.
DJHicks
the general colour of the template etc is ok but please change the txt formatting its too hard to read and hurts your eyes!
zjosie729
It does indeed looks smooth, but I'd much prefer a brighter mood. This looks kinda sad...
bogger
Bondings wrote:
bogger wrote:

You will probably not believe me, but that was a real typo. Embarassed

It's ok, you know i love ya Wink
coolclay
Well thank goodness I can finally read the posts again, but what exactly is the point of doing something dumb like this for one day, I guess it is better then keeping it like that, but what is the point. Is it like homo day or something.
coolclay
Never mind I just read the rainboxing thread.
chargoyle
It's amazing....it's like web hosting....in Stonervision.....
xoxmeholly
zjosie729 wrote:
It does indeed looks smooth, but I'd much prefer a brighter mood. This looks kinda sad...

I totally agree. We need some color. I think I may even prefer the dull blue to this gray. Nothing dramatic like the rainboxing, but something. Maybe a nice hot pink. (well for me Very Happy) Or at least a sky blue. I'm sure it may be on the way, though.
Rhysige
You guys need to do 2 things..
a) get a life
b) Get a sense of humour

Seriously Razz I got on and I thought someones either hacked Frihost or bondings is having fun again. Either way it looked quite interesting and brightened up the day Very Happy

Learn to take a joke.. dont swear and curse just because you dont like it. And please dont go and be ignorant bastards by stereotyping gay people with liking raindow colours! Express your ignorant views elsewhere.
coolclay
Quote:
please dont go and be ignorant bastards by stereotyping gay people with liking raindow colours

Speaking of taking a joke, some people I swear.
Scorpio
coolclay wrote:
Quote:
please dont go and be ignorant bastards by stereotyping gay people with liking raindow colours

Speaking of taking a joke, some people I swear.

Ok people.. Let us leave it that...

He just went a bit overboard.. So lets forgive and forget
nilsmo
I have no artistic taste. Period. To me, the new look looks gray and no more.
dragonflame
scorpio wrote:
Here you go.
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6420/untitled1ll.jpg

are you using windows blinds or something?
Scorpio
No this is an Alien Guise theme.
ladyrobina
I like it. It is easy to read and on the eyes. Please keep it.
otaku
I love it. It's really smooth. The old theme was kinda plain. This is web 2.0-ish. Very good job. Very Happy
[FuN]goku
yeah it changed a few times
Kjgmusic
This skin looks a lot better than most phpBB skins I've seen. Good work. Smile
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
And wat is that silly n4l made frihost logo doing there. Is this site run by a professional or a 4 year old kid Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It's ran by a 2 year old kid.
ashok
and it seems to be loading much faster... Smile
VaniLLasian
Hmmm . . . thought the current theme was the default one.
I don`t know how the old theme looked like.
Wish I did. But I don`t

But I DO wish that I could see few themes as the options.
Just to refresh the look and my eyes too.
I like this one, but I don't mind if there's options to change it into some other different themes.

Maybe someday.
tmaneri
Very sleek. I like it, not too much going on, but at the same time theres something to it.
tolgaozbek
I liked the new looking.. Don't remember the old one actually:)

ps: I think It could be better if there were amendments in graphics like headers. Just an opinion..
Michael B
I noticed that several people were saying that is was not working in FireFox at the begining of this thread, well it works now. I came here today to update my points :) and it looked a different. Just fabulous.

Great work to those that did it.
Summer
not bad..but seems a bit boring . nvm thou
superflyfilms
A fine job was done indeed. The colors all blend together and what not!

~
ryanh2006
Well i am a newbie so I have no idea how these forums looked like before, but I must say that I love the layout and colors. Plus the site looks awesome in Camino!!
hanay
Like everyone before me has said; yes, things have changed in here.
berkan
I dont know how it looked before but i dont really like it!Sad
All the gray colors make me depressed...
angelkiss
You guys should make a black background and then the font white and the bold, underline and etc colors colorful! colorful and bright is catching to the eye like eye candy! Wink !! lol ...

or you guys can change the forum font!
verdanas too common use arial! or tahoma lolol
Wink Just my suggestion Smile

i like colorfull layouts lol so yeah Smile Surprised
Giroodle
I like them, but they are too common. The orange brings a bit of brightness to it, but other than that they are just too dull for my liking. I find the dark grey and orange sort of clash, even though it IS a skin. But thats just my opinion.
TeenZine
It looks decent and alot better then what I hurd from a certain person is going to be the future of frihost .
Zug Zug
dunno, I'm new here ^_^ Good luck with that one! Laughing
mahirharoon
i think the theme is dleted because i see subsilver only on my profile
garionw
mahirharoon wrote:

No its not, its just a modified version. The frihost one uses grey gradients whilst the subsliver one uses blue
tidruG
mahirharoon wrote:
We HAVE only Subsilver. The thing is that we've changed some of the colours and gradients from the default SubSilver though.
skygaia
Hm... actually, I was little bit confused today, main page looked little strange to me..
I think there are some bugs here. now I'm posting here.. some letters are broken...