FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A dutch section in the Other Languages forum

pacslim
A dutch section in the Other Languages forum for people out the netherlands, like me greetings from pacslim hoie ! Wink
Bockman
depending on how many users would use the forum, this may be thought of.

But tell me one thing.. don't you guys in the netherlands all speak English? .. i was under that impression. if it is necessary, it may be created.

Be Well Cool
Bondings
I would love to make such a forum as it is my own mother tongue (Belgium), but I doubt that there are enough Dutch users for this. Crying or Very sad

And be honest, is there someone you know who isn't able to write some decent English? (and I mean internet-users, not 80+ year-olds) Wink
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
I would love to make such a forum as it is my own mother tongue (Belgium), but I doubt that there are enough Dutch users for this. Crying or Very sad

And be honest, is there someone you know who isn't able to write some decent English? (and I mean internet-users, not 80+ year-olds) Wink

ok thats true but i like speaking in my native language on here, also i went to internaat in belguim as a dutchmen they allways called me kaaskop (=cheesehead) then LOL
pz from pacslim Wink
noliver
Ja dit sal tog wel moeilik wees om so baie Hollanders te kry. Ek praat nou wel nie Hollands/Nederlands nie - maar wel afrikaans - wat tog sekerlik 'n familielid is van Nederlands.

Meeste van die tyd kan my Belgse/flaamse/hollandse maats my wel verstaan en toe ek op toer was deur Europa het ek nie baie probleme gehaad met die taal in bogenoemde lande nie.

Vir een of ander rede kan ek nie die duitsers so lekker verstaan nie. Ek kan wel duits lees en verstaan, maar as hulle dit praat dan gaan dit maar moeilik.

Tot Siens,
Nick. Razz
Maka
pacslim wrote:
Bondings wrote:

ok thats true but i like speaking in my native language on here, also i went to internaat in belguim as a dutchmen they allways called me kaaskop (=cheesehead) then LOL
pz from pacslim Wink

Rofl cheesehead Laughing . Your a pac head to me just like me Very Happy .
jepper
im dutch too
nice idea!

a lot of users havent set their county setting but i think that 5% of the people on this forum is dutch or speaks dutch (its the sixteenth language in the world)

its true that most dutch people speak english but as you can see its not really good english (but im only 16 and we have a strange way to learn english at school, reading and writing but no talking and that on a grammar school (focused on languages) Rolling Eyes )

watskeburt met frihost Smile
Boles Roor
I'm Dutch too, but I can't care about it. I've always used English, everywhere on the internet. I'm able to speak Dutch and English at the same time.. English almost as good as Dutch.
Bockman
jepper wrote:
im dutch too
nice idea!

a lot of users havent set their county setting but i think that 5% of the people on this forum is dutch or speaks dutch (its the sixteenth language in the world)

its true that most dutch people speak english but as you can see its not really good english (but im only 16 and we have a strange way to learn english at school, reading and writing but no talking and that on a grammar school (focused on languages) Rolling Eyes )

watskeburt met frihost Smile

Didn't see any difficulty writing that post Wink (except for the last part Laughing )

Guys... The language forums are for people who have problems speaking English, so we have a Forum for them to write their questions in their native languages (an a Moderator that speaks it).
I honestly don't see the difficulty Dutchman have speaking english, when it's practicaly spoken by everyone in the netherlands.

As for the other motives: I'm Portuguese and there are a few other ones here. Portuguese is the 3rd or 4th (used to be 3rd, don't know now) spoken language in the world. But since we don't have problems with English, no subforum was created.

Be Well Cool

P.S. -I have found a new (Portuguese) user who isn't that much in to English, but what would we do with one forum for just one or two people?