FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i'm dry...

arch23
don't you guys run of idea for posts and answers? my credit is going down because i can't think of answers or new post, not to mention i have so little time for it...
n0obie4life
I'm sure you can find a post to contribute in here.

Seriously, I've been to other webhosts (post for host webhosts too), they have less interesting topics, literally, there's nothing to post there.

I was the one introducing topics Rolling Eyes.
oneightwo
i'm new so i don't have that problem Wink . hahaha. but i can see what you mean. i used to have a host on an old post-to-host host called purehost, but it died so that was a huge waste anyway. Sad
Code of Ruin
I am not going dry really. I don't introduce much topics but replying to them get's me enough points. In fact it gets me much more points than I need.
Nameless
If you just want to get your points back up, just make bland uninteresting replies that don't really say anything spefic or interesting at all, but are still relating to the topic in a way that isn't spam. It also helps if you just ramble pointlessly for a bit in order to increase the length of your post and thus points from it.

Like this post, for example.
soulman
it is really hard to pick a topic to discuss...
Gieter
I use to post in topics like General Chat, Philosophy & Religion, Science and Nature, because I find these sub-forums the most interesting to post on. You'll never run dry on those (except for the fact that the discussions are always the same.)

If you're willing to introduce a new topic, but you don't know a subject, just think about it in your daily life, not behind your PC. You'll have more creativity. Wink
oneightwo
Nameless wrote:
If you just want to get your points back up, just make bland uninteresting replies that don't really say anything spefic or interesting at all, but are still relating to the topic in a way that isn't spam. It also helps if you just ramble pointlessly for a bit in order to increase the length of your post and thus points from it.

lol. good idea. but then again, bank pointless replies can be classified as spam, depending on who you're talking to. Some forums are very strict and won't let you post something that's already said, but most of these forums die, which probably serves them right. Also, making topics like this sometimes leads to the end of a forum. Although i can't see this happening here. One particular forum i goto (www.rpgcrisis.net) used to be quite lively, then it got wiped, and they had to start again, plus people started making these topics, and it's all downhill from there.
Gieter
I don't think it will go downhill starting from this moment. The Frihost forum is a very active one, and there are always enough new threads/replies for me to spend a nice evening on these forums. It also may be that arch23 is running dry, but I'm certainly not. Wink And there's always the factor that posting is required to get your hosting, and that these forums are just lovely. No two forums are the same.
Vrythramax
as for me...I'm opinionated + I have a big mouth, theoretically I should never run out of points Very Happy

Seriously though, have you tried looking beyond the first page of topics in the forums, there may be an older subject on one of those pages you'd be interested in contributing to.
littlegiant
Nameless wrote:

That looks like more work than actually saying something interesting. Besides if one is that much of a bore, what possible use could they have for a website (and a free web host)?

arch23, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. Take a good look around the boards. You're bound to find something interesting. As far as message boards go, this is pretty vibrant. Find a topic that interests you and just talk with people about it like you would if you were sitting right there with them face to face. Unless you're totally anti-social, you should have no problems. I could spend all day here yakking it up about one thing or another (and I would if I had the time).
rightclickscott
That happens to me alot. That's all I can really say about this.
NuniPio
arch23 wrote:
don't you guys run of idea for posts and answers? my credit is going down because i can't think of answers or new post, not to mention i have so little time for it...

i feel you man
Gieter
NuniPio wrote:
arch23 wrote:

i feel you man

But you don't have to be afraid I think, with 45 points Wink You're safe for about 45 days, and then it would be better to start posting again. But if you follow up this forum, you'll have to spend less time reading every topic, and you'll have more time to post.
jayandsilo
How much does it cost for every, is there a page about that.
thiamshui
if you don't want to spam n wish to get your points back up, you can reply to unanswered posts.. click on 'view unanswered posts' on the main page, or here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_id=unanswered
Mgccl
I found it's quite funny...
I got 42 something point in this forum and noobie only got 45...
so isn't that mean I'm more active?
maybe just because I always have something to post(at least I can think of something)
izimngcubes15
Sometimes you just can't express what's on your mind and sometimes my mind goes blank and I can't write down a thing!
dude_xyx
If you cant find a post to reply just start a new one about something you like there are sooo many possibilities ..
n0obie4life
Mgccl wrote:
I found it's quite funny...
I got 42 something point in this forum and noobie only got 45...
so isn't that mean I'm more active?
maybe just because I always have something to post(at least I can think of something)

No. It doesn't tell you anything. Our points reset.
leat397
NuniPio wrote:
arch23 wrote:

i feel you man

me 2...see my point... Sad
a bit different is that I really have limited time to be online...
my job, my study and my serving in Church occupied my time seriously...

anyway, work hard together Wink
Jack_Hammer
Few people tend to stay here, they just leave their ****** when they are bored with it.
{name here}
Well, this is a problem on many forums, not just this one. If we were allowed to post like at YTMND or, something lighter like G4tv's OT, this forum would never run out of topics...
dz9c
arch23 wrote:

Thats kind of sad considering how many posts and bulletins there are...
bluedragon
My problem is that aforementioned time issue. Time is against me and my relationship with FriHost.
XeononyX
The problem with other forums is that the registered user base is so narrow in their specilizations. Thats what I like about the frihost community, I'll go here for a technical question, a theoretical questions, wesite critism, sports, gaming, just to name a few. I almost posted a post asking how to fix my dishwasher here .. honestly (however i figured it out). I'd rather post a post here than goto ask jeeves. There's no way you can get dry here. If you have no new 'ideas' then start learning.. look up some interesting posts, then if you have questions, reply to them. Theres absolutely no way to not learn something new here,

Then if you are really really bored ... just click on every google ad you see and make Bondings happy. I've done that a couple times ... thats the least I can do.
WebSiteGuru
I myself dont have much time to get on an post. But I make sure that I come and at least post here as often as I could. I dont usually started the post, but I would look for post that I can related to and build on those. Eventhough they are not many that I can related to, but at least it will give me enough points to be where I am comfortable.. Very Happy