FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do we install Invision Board manually through cpanel?

saadonline
I am having problem with isntall Invision Board forum manually. I also created MySQL database. Put in the folder and open install file but didn't work. It was giving me MySQL database error. Should we do something before upload the forum? Like editing or changing the few texts in Invision Board? Did anyone install Invision Board? Please help me... I am waiting for reply. Thanks for your time, I would be very appreciated that.
n0obie4life
Install invision board manually thru cpanel..Laughing . Your joking?

Okay, first. Are you using a cracked version of INV? Cause INV 1.3 isn't free anymore.

If you are, please continue using it and get your hosting account suspended (this is being sacarstic)
saadonline
Why would do use illegal one? I don't even know how do I crack forum. I just downloaded trial version that is limited forum.
Maka
Fill in the config.php then run the install script, make sure all the info is correct and matching the sql database you made.
saadonline
That's I wanna ask. What do I change in config.php. There is everything in that script.
mOrpheuS
I assume you have uploaded and extracted the contents of the upload folder of the zip file you must have downloaded to your account.

next you go to <path you extracted the upload folder>/install/index.php

eg., http://saadonline.frihost.net/forum/install/index.php

thereafter it walks you through the installation ie., step-by-step.

You should quote any error message you get, it makes it much easier to figure out the problem and to help you.
Wink
n0obie4life
One question:

I was told that INV 1.3 isn't free anymore. So can someone confirm with me if its free or not?
mOrpheuS
If you had downloaded it before it ceased to be free, then it's free for you and you alone.
you are not supposed to download it now (from some warez site or anywhere) or run a script obtained thus.

IPB are known to have brought down sites/forums.
and I'd suggest using a free forum script to stay out of any trouble.
better not use IPB if you haven't payed for it.

phbBB has sufficient features for most forums. and it's easily the most customizable (in the sense that you can find more ready-to-use mods and themes/skins for it). But you should keep it patched/updated.
or go with SMF if you take heed to all the talk about phpBB security holes.
Wink
NghiaSuper
n0obie4life wrote:
One question:

I was told that INV 1.3 isn't free anymore. So can someone confirm with me if its free or not?

One question:

Why did you always think that all people have used a cracked version of INV?
It isn't free not means that we don't have enough money to pay for it.

That's all.
Bondings
Do you really think that people will buy an expensive forum licence in order to host it on a free host on a free subdomain?
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
Do you really think that people will buy an expensive forum licence in order to host it on a free host on a free subdomain?

Bondings, thanks for answering for me. I was about to say that, and further add,

Do you really think that people will be an expensive forum licence in order to host it on a free host on a free subdomain when they can't even be bothered to pay $2.50 to go onto a paid host with 1250mb and 50,000mb b/w? (thats the lowest i ever saw..)
NghiaSuper
Bondings wrote:

Ok. Bondings sad that so I don't want to say anything. Forget it.