FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

is there anyone learn dancing or like dancing ?

windrei
if yes, which kind you are learning or like ?

for me, i am learning Chinese traditional dance and modern dance.
xkarenflowerx
ooh, i want to learn dancing ^.^ perhaps salsa. .
Gieter
I have agreed last year with my girlfriend to learn swinging 'next year.' Unfortunately for me, I was doped or something, and I didn't realise 'next year' was only two months removed from that point. That was 2005. Now, it's 2006 (='next year.') No problem at first sight, swinging got to be easy I thought, till I saw a couple swinging on TV, and I noticed that it involved a lot of swaying, whirling, and other neat stuff. So, I am probably going to learn swinging. Wink
lisa33144
I took America Dance for my Physical Education class. We learned basic waltz, swing and polka. Swing was really fun, and we got to do really cool turns and flips and stuff. But suprisingly, polka was my favorite, the music is silly but its a blast to do.
omon
yes i like dancing and i am learning how to break dance. i think break dancing is very popular in america. many teenagers are learning how to break dance
ladyrobina
I love dancing but am not terribly good at it as I have never been taught. It's good fun though, as long as the music is inspiring and not too boring.
talz
cool
the only dances I know are the cha cha, and the jive
...and the dancing in the arcades Smile
omon
cool,well what type of music do you like.and what type of dance d
o you like.mine's break dancing.i am vey good at it.i can do a head spin.and a lot of other moves :roll:
anthonygerbils
Quote:
cool,well what type of music do you like.and what type of dance d
o you like.mine's break dancing.i am vey good at it.i can do a head spin.and a lot of other moves Rolling Eyes

omon i seen you dance you are like a fairy cought in a gate
only messing namo you know me
so make sure on monday in school you show how good u are
yeah
see you then
ants
omon
if that was a complement then thank you but if it wasn't i can dance
zanzou
Ever since I took a class in Japanese traditional I've been really into it.. though I haven't had any more lessons. :(

So You Think You Can Dan? really reminded me I wanted to start up again... maybe I'll look for some classes. :D
rybakfanfiction
Would tricking count as part of dancing? Tricking being a mix of Gymnastics, Parkour, breakdancing, and extreme martial arts.
jabapyth
I Ballroom dance:
i know

tango
    swing
    waltz
    viennese(sp?) waltz

Come join the Dance! Very Happy
earthchild
I used to belly dance and am thinking of taking it up again but I love almost any dance that is not too mechanical.
Some of my favorites are merengue, reggea, african, techno, rave, indian (from india - ghujarati), greek circle dancing, yes even pop, I could dance all night at a disco.
yes dancing makes me happy Very Happy
Ester
I like dancing, at the moment I go to line-dancing, what I like most about it is that you have only got yourself to blame if you go wrong.
BruceTheDauber
I tried to learn ballroom dancing once. I was so bad, the teacher refused to teach me. She claimed to be busy.
windrei
zanzou wrote:
Ever since I took a class in Japanese traditional I've been really into it.. though I haven't had any more lessons. Sad

So You Think You Can Dan? really reminded me I wanted to start up again... maybe I'll look for some classes. Very Happy

where do you have Japanese traditional dance ?? which country are you from ? i like asian traditional dance, and the folk dance too.
aenemike
My girlfriend and I "Ballroom Dance." (I pretend I'm good at it, she really is good)

We can do the following with varying degrees of success:
"Swing" (which people 'round these parts call "East Coast" for some reason)
The Lindy Hop (Jitterbug)
Balboa
Charleston (partner charleston, you're facing each other and "connected")
Tango
ChaCha
Mambo
Fox Trot
Waltz
And the Hustle (though it's almost the same as "Swing", just faster)

It doesn't really matter what we're doing, it's all kinds of fun.
The best part is, we can do it together, which keeps her happy with me.
I'd have to say my favorites are Balboa and Lindy Hop and Tango.
windrei
aenemike wrote:
My girlfriend and I "Ballroom Dance." (I pretend I'm good at it, she really is good)

We can do the following with varying degrees of success:
"Swing" (which people 'round these parts call "East Coast" for some reason)
The Lindy Hop (Jitterbug)
Balboa
Charleston (partner charleston, you're facing each other and "connected")
Tango
ChaCha
Mambo
Fox Trot
Waltz
And the Hustle (though it's almost the same as "Swing", just faster)

It doesn't really matter what we're doing, it's all kinds of fun.
The best part is, we can do it together, which keeps her happy with me.
I'd have to say my favorites are Balboa and Lindy Hop and Tango.

don't worry. Nobody was born to be a dancer. Just practise more with her, and you can become a talent too. i think it's good for a couple to learn dancing together.
Synaesthetik
I like to dance to PsyTrance. Only when its an outdoor party under the stars. Its very much like meditation. The same principle as the walking meditation zen buddhists teach which involves being fully aware 'in the moment' without any internal dialogue separating actions from intentions.
cloudship
what is chinese traditional dance? I am chinese, but have no idea about that... schade
cloudship
by the way, I've learned samba, and find it's pretty cool!~
webek
I like dance but I never was good in dance...
durojaiye99
Im learning to break dance, I recently completed the begginers class so will be moving up to the intermediate class after the summer.

I have acquired a few bruises in the process but I love to break dance it is a great way of expressing yourself and also helps increase my strength.
CrookedBlaze
My moms best friend is from India and teaches belly dancing. It's great fun.

She also is trying to teach me some other traditional Indian dances, but I hae no talent at dancing whatsoever. I can do bellydancing because it's just, basically, mimicking the movements of horses when you ride X P.