FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free .net re-directs?

shmirlywhirl
ive been searching the internet high and low, trying to find a free .com/.net redirect thing.

so im wondering, do those even exist? if so, know of any good ones?
Animal
It's extremely doubtful that you'll get a free .net or .com without any catches. Some offer free domains as part of an affiliate program, but other users have been disappointed with these things.

There are free .info domains available just now, but you will need to start paying for it in a year's time when the offer expires.

You should also take a look at the Free Domain Names thread for more info and other user's experiences.

If you don't need a .com, .net etc, you can get several free redirect services such as .tk, .cjb.net and .co.nr to name just a few.

Hope this helps
Blaster
The free .com domain names look for sites with a lot of traffic and then place ads on your site most of the time. I would suggest just paying the $10 dollars a year and paying for one. I wouldn't trust free ones.
ChrisCh
Animal wrote:
If you don't need a .com, .net etc, you can get several free redirect services such as .tk, .cjb.net and .co.nr to name just a few.

Or instead of having a www .**yoursite**.cjb.net or www .**yoursite**.co.nr you could just have www .*yoursite**.frih.net Cool I'd prefer that cos its an actual site, not just a redirect! That, and you can have working email accounts setup on that address! Razz
Stealth
shmirlywhirl wrote:
ive been searching the internet high and low, trying to find a free .com/.net redirect thing.

Nope I have never heard of such thing like that. I don't think that there is a free .com or a .net redirect. You can only buy .com or .net domains.
DanielXP
You can get a free .net.tc no ads at all at www.smartdots.com
lordpe
Search a little more on internet!

I remember I searched abit and I came over a site giving out free domains if you got 200 friends registrated on the site.

I dont remember the URL but try search for a while Wink
Stealth
Nope I have never heard of free .net redirects! I don't think that there is such thing like that. I know of www.smartdots.com. you can get a free www.yourname.net.tc domain. It also includes excellent features such as free password protect pages.
bluffmango
i havent seen a free .com myself,,,but a few moonths back a friend told me that a website was givving away free .com for a small ad bar at the top of the main page
raja4ever
www.domaine-gratuit.net ! (it's a french website)
raman
They usually have strict guidelines and must accept your site I tried one but it refused me.
thpn
raja4ever wrote:

The catches are:

You must have 2000 hits per month
A popup everytime someone visits your home page
It has to be Netscape and Internet Explorer compatable
Domains are .COM, .Net, and .org only
You must have 1000 visitors in 15 days of acceptance

In other words, unless you have a really known site this site will screw you over. Sad
Hobbit
thpn wrote:
raja4ever wrote:

The catches are:

You must have 2000 hits per month
A popup everytime someone visits your home page
It has to be Netscape and Internet Explorer compatable
Domains are .COM, .Net, and .org only
You must have 1000 visitors in 15 days of acceptance

In other words, unless you have a really known site this site will screw you over. Sad

Don't they get screwed over? Let's say I get my 'free domain', and I don't get that many hits. They will take away my domain, but they get screwed over because they registered a domain that won't be in use, therefore not gaining any money from the ads that were supposed to be on my page.
thpn
Yes, but being a french website, they get people from other countries to go there because they searched google and that came up. They can't read the catched but they sign up anyway. My point is, with all the people signing up they make money short time but not greatly.
codederek
shmirlywhirl wrote:

Here is your best bet! www.dot.tk
marques1975
My favorite ones are:

http://www.dot.tk (in English)

http://www.pt.vu (in Portuguese and Spanish)

Oscar
Transponder
I had one of them but i lost it but you can use
www.afraid.org much subdomains and you can point them to your ip
or adres too Laughing also change NS and make a Mailserver Razz
osbits
I have searched on the internet for thousands of years and I am sure that there is no free one.why not pay for one,it is the best way to slove your problem.Besides searching for free .net domains is just a weast of time.
Scorpio
osbits wrote:
I have searched on the internet for thousands of years and I am sure that there is no free one.why not pay for one,it is the best way to slove your problem.Besides searching for free .net domains is just a weast of time.

Thousands of years

Yo there Primitive Prehistoric Bro Laughing
Jaime
Register in www.ddboard.com and you can obtain a domain name .tv .com .net .org .co.uk .info and more...

For get a domain you should have 2000 points (.com .org .net)
1000 points (.info .co.uk)...

And there are more domain with different points....

IT'S FREE...

If you get enough points you can create several domains...
alson041
dot.tk is simply the BEST!
BugBear
jaime wrote:
Register in www.ddboard.com and you can obtain a domain name .tv .com .net .org .co.uk .info and more...

For get a domain you should have 2000 points (.com .org .net)
1000 points (.info .co.uk)...

And there are more domain with different points....

IT'S FREE...

If you get enough points you can create several domains...

Thanks seems like closest thing to being real....... i'll just have to make sure Razz

edit where do you see that you can get em? still didn't find it... (must be blind this morning Razz)
reddishblue
lordpe wrote:
Search a little more on internet!

I remember I searched abit and I came over a site giving out free domains if you got 200 friends registrated on the site.

I dont remember the URL but try search for a while Wink

hehehehe i remember that site i tried it too it takes a LOT of surveys and friend invitations before it will give you anything beter to just buy one if you have a credit card if your like me and you don't just stick with the free Wink
wajahat_mehdi88
Give them a try. You dont need to post to get these domains.

http://www.fanku.net/
http://www.domain-4free.com/

however, domain-4free.com requires "some" (dont know the exact value) unique visitors per day and places a top frame on your site. Dont know much about fanku.net. Try both yourself.
reddishblue
Ok this fanku thing seems to be free, as I now have a domain paid for by the very generous Cal_123 there is no chance I will put a banner on my site that is that big. But for all that really wont one then it should be good.