FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Margin error in IE

SamiTheBerber
Hi!
I have one of my page a margin error in Internet Explorer. Firefox and Opera shows it right.

Can you guys help me to fix that problem?

Page is http://www.rocksport.samisaada.frihost.net/.

Thanks.
manumiglani
well the margins Shown in IE is always different from that in Firefox, opera and Netsape. Just decrease the width of your webpage.
Kaneda
Try leaving "float: left" out from the div#sisalto rules. Should work the same, and should get rid of the huge margin in IE.

While Firefox requires a margin to keep your left-floated sisalto div from going beneath the left-floated navigation div, IE will instead add that margin to the space between the two div's.

But the float on sisalto isn't needed (you normally only need to float something (left) if something else needs to show on the opposite side (right) of it. So, if you remove that float, both browsers will interpret the margin of 290px the same.
SamiTheBerber
Kaneda wrote:
Try leaving "float: left" out from the div#sisalto rules. Should work the same, and should get rid of the huge margin in IE.

While Firefox requires a margin to keep your left-floated sisalto div from going beneath the left-floated navigation div, IE will instead add that margin to the space between the two div's.

But the float on sisalto isn't needed (you normally only need to float something (left) if something else needs to show on the opposite side (right) of it. So, if you remove that float, both browsers will interpret the margin of 290px the same.

Thanks. I tried lots of many thing to correct that, but I didn't realize to remove float:left; in sisalto. I thought then it would go to another row in IE, but good that it didn't.

Thanks alot!