FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

French Restaurants

seanooi
I'm not sure if this is the right place.
I'm doing an assignment which relates to French surrounding/environment
restaurants, so there are 3 questions I would like to ask:

1. What is the first thing you think of when asked about France ?

2. All along this while, French restaurants have been maintaining classical environments. But if I were to design one that presents a modern environment of France restaurants, what should I use and/or do to maintain the French spirit?

3. If you are the boss of a french restaurant, and you want to remodel your restaurant, but not making it to look classical, but modern, what would you use?
Djim
... ask to a very cool frenchy like me Wink
But what is the french spirit?
seanooi
it's what makes people, when then walk in to the restaurant, they would still immediately know that it's a french restaurant. that french feeling. Very Happy
ExaminedLife
Okey dokey....me being a foodie, the first thing that I think about when I think of France is...the food! Years and years of great culinary traditions, the best and most classical training in the world, Larrousse Gastronomique.

Without having actually been to France (sigh) my understanding is that French chefs/restauranteurs are trying for a more fusion representation. So for instance, you could open a corner bistro, serving typical French country cuisine say....hearty dishes, lamb and country sausages and lovely warm olive oil potato salads and crusty breads....while updating your menu with some contemporary platings and adding in some curries and things to spice it up a bit.

And as for remodelling...adding in some black and chrome while keeping dark hardwoods is always good....that way you have classic and modern looks blended into one...really beautiful.
DoctorBeaver
If you want it to be typically French, simply insult all the English people who walk in! Laughing

(only joking)
sparks
seanooi wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place.
I'm doing an assignment which relates to French surrounding/environment
restaurants, so there are 3 questions I would like to ask:

1. What is the first thing you think of when asked about France ?

2. All along this while, French restaurants have been maintaining classical environments. But if I were to design one that presents a modern environment of France restaurants, what should I use and/or do to maintain the French spirit?

3. If you are the boss of a french restaurant, and you want to remodel your restaurant, but not making it to look classical, but modern, what would you use?

Well let me answer you step by step
Q1: What is the first thing you think of when asked about France ?

A: Wine,Language,food and lifestyle

Q2: All along this while, French restaurants have been maintaining classical environments. But if I were to design one that presents a modern environment of France restaurants, what should I use and/or do to maintain the French spirit?

A: I think you should hire French speaking people and pretty women and make sure that wine is available.Always have wine.French people cannot have a meal without wine.Good cooks will help

Q3: If you are the boss of a french restaurant, and you want to remodel your restaurant, but not making it to look classical, but modern, what would you use?

A: I think I would put very many lights and symbols and framed pictures of monuments such as the Eiffel Tower