FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what's the best users panel?

roeenoy
i want to hear from you about your thought about the best panel for using and whay to you think it is the best...

cPanel
or
Direct Admin
thiamshui
i'm hosted on the DirectAdmin server (Server 2).. features are not bad.. although cPanel is betta n offers Fantastico n offers automated installations of some server software.. cPanel is more robust than DirectAdmin, and of course, cPanel is more expensive than DA..

well, everything does come at a cost.. cPanel is betta for its features, but DA is betta for the price.. depends on what is important for you, cost or features to determine which one is better..
shaggly
Just to be the odd man out, I guess, I actually prefer DA. I find it a lot more "straight to the point" than Cpanel. I've used both, and a lot depends on how the hosting company sets up each one. One host that I used for a client made Cpanel into more of a freebie application shopping mall than a control panel Smile)
Vrythramax
I have used a few control panels over the years and I find cPanel the one I like best. I like it's layout and ease of use, not to mention some of the options it includes...but that's just my personal opinion.
Gieter
I always found CPanel the best because it was the only user panel I ever had worked with. But since I'm on server 2, I had to use DirectAdmin, which isn't a bad case in my opinion. I had to get used to it, but know I find it easier, quicker, and the layout is also better in my opinion. The lack of an automatic installer may be something negative, but automatic installers do somethings more harm than good (older version...)
eXplicit
Vrythramax wrote:
I have used a few control panels over the years and I find cPanel the one I like best. I like it's layout and ease of use, not to mention some of the options it includes...but that's just my personal opinion.

Agreed.

I love cPanel and I love it's ability to be customised - many themes to use.
manumiglani
Well cpanel is no doubt far more better than DirectAdmin.
Zyrobot
I heared PLESKY i use demo this like them but i dont know stability but graphic is fine Smile
Chris_Chaud
Cpanel is wayyyyyyyyy better than any other user pannel, it has all possible options and is user-friendly. Cpanel is easy to navagate and its tools are easy to use.
n0obie4life
Chris_Chaud wrote:
Cpanel is wayyyyyyyyy better than any other user pannel, it has all possible options and is user-friendly. Cpanel is easy to navagate and its tools are easy to use.

cPanel + Userfriendly?
cPanel + Easy to navigate?
cPanel + Easy to use?

Wait till you see Directadmin.

eXplicit wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Agreed.

Directadmin can be customised too Rolling Eyes
oneightwo
Personally, i prefer cPanel. I just love fantastico, but some of the scripts on there are entirely useless.
Gieter
n0obie4life wrote:
Chris_Chaud wrote:

cPanel + Userfriendly?
cPanel + Easy to navigate?
cPanel + Easy to use?

Wait till you see Directadmin.

eXplicit wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

Agreed.

Directadmin can be customised too Rolling Eyes

I agree with you nOobie4life. Lots of people never used DirectAdmin before, and therefore think that it's automatically better. I find the user interface more intuitive, and quicker. You need to click less in DirectAdmin than in Cpanel. It also looks nicer.
Scorpio
People think that CPanel is better just because it has all the features staring out at them.

I have tried out both and feel that DA is really good.
I am not taking off anything from CP but I really came to like DA.

At first I thought that DA was bland, only after I started using it, if feel it is indeed quite good and easy to use