FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URGENT HELP!!!!

jarred89
Hello,
My Laptop is a Presario V2000 and i have just connected another monitor to it and now the screen is all stretched when i unplug the monitor does anyone know how i can fix this the screen is 14 inches and i cant find the screen resolution for it hope someone out there knows how to fix it or is there a reset button or something for the screen resolution.

Thanks
Jarred
Animal
Right-Click on your desktop, hit PROPERTIES > SETTINGS and change your resolution to suid your screen. You may also have to change the "default monitor" from the drop-down box in the same settings menu.
qbawler311
check out www.ultramon.com for a cool multiple monitors management ulility that integrates nicely with windows and your video card.
SoftStag
You may need to adjust the onscreen display settings on the monitor to get the image to fit the screen correctly. From the information you have given it is difficult to identify the issue. Can you see part of screen correctly? Are there any gaps around the image on the monitor, if so how big? Is the imagedistorted in any other way than stretched? Is it stretched vertically, horizontally or both?
Xeniczone
using the wrong drivers will do this.

AKA, you use wrong drivers your monitor messes up. your computer f's up the screen and you can break your monitor.

Make sure your using the correct drivers.
Clash
Xeniczone wrote:
using the wrong drivers will do this.

AKA, you use wrong drivers your monitor messes up. your computer f's up the screen and you can break your monitor.

Make sure your using the correct drivers.

Actually you're partly right Laughing

When you had the monitor connected to the external device, you probably switched the displays. In other words the presario thinks the external display is now the main one.

Fix it by going to the Display properties window as described above.
headlong
You can login into your windows in the safe mode and reset your resolution from there. Usually you will get 800x600 with 16 colors in the safe mode.