FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thank You For Smoking

ylmun
Anyone else see this? It is HI-larious. I recommend it. The writing was great, the acting was tremendous. I loved the MOD Squad (see the movie to understand what I'm talking about)

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Khazid
Just say the preview for it, looks excellent, love the idea behind it
bluedevil7878
what a great movie it was even more funny than i expected. I too highly reccommend it.
AdamantMonk
I was unaware that this movie was already out. Can I ask what the actual idea is behind it? The preview was kind of vague. Do you gotta be a smoker to get the jokes?
ylmun
AdamantMonk wrote:
...Can I ask what the actual idea is behind it?... Do you gotta be a smoker to get the jokes?

You don't have to be a smoker to get the jokes.

The general premise is about a lobbyist for the tobacco industry and what he has to do in order to protect big tobacco's interests and keep them from being maligned by the press, the government and everybody in general. All this while trying to provide a role model for his son.

See it, it's funny.
AdamantMonk
Hmm, I've seen a couple more previews since that post. and yea, it's on my list.

Right after The Simpsons movie Wink
jennahenrywagner
This was a great movie about a very important topic in today's culture. Although it was comedic and meant to be a spoof, it had elements of revealing truth about it that exposed the tobacco industry for what it really is. Really well done.