FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

USB Drives with finger print recognition!

knowme640
Green House, Japan has launched a USB flash drive, called the PICO Finger which has fingerprint recognition. To access the contents of the drive, a user has to place his finger on the drive (black area) with a certain amount of uniform pressure. It's a good way to keep your confidential data. It will come in storage capacities of 128MB, 256MB, 512MB and 1GB.

That's a great idea. The drive doesn't seem to be any larger than other flash drives, so users who care about security won't be deterred by added bulkiness. What will techno-geeks think of next?
TheGeek
Man, thats pretty sweet, ill have to pick one of those up once the price on them becomes resonable. Do you know what the expected release price on one of those is supposed to be? And do you have a link.
psycosquirrel
Ted, they have had those at Microcenter for a while now.

My dad's friend has one. They are pretty cool, but still old news... (Maybe not to this forum, but whatever)
technology.sponge
daz nuthi new
fingerprint flash drives hav been arnd for a while now
not to mention the fact they dopn't work

u can fool them with a melted gummi bear

so much 4 security
Stubru Freak
I have seen on in the computer shop lately, it was 40 gb, and had fingerprint recognition. It costed about 400 dollars.
alkady
You can get a Finger Print Reader for $70, Which is used to access the computer. It's a seperate USB device that is Plug and Perhaps Play.
s43ros
I know one of my friends has a fingerprint reader on is computer and can use it to login. I didn't know they came with usb's as well...That's pretty nifty