FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

StarGate Fans ?????

dude_xyx
I love stargate , both Stargate SG! and Stargate Atlantis. First i thought Atlantis kinda boring but now both are great. But what i wonder is weather Stargate SG1 is not good as it was in starting series.
alkady
Stargate is getting a little too repetitive, Visiting new planets, becoming allies with the locals and fighting the goaul'd. Don't you get board of this. Atleast change the storyline here and there.
dude_xyx
alkady wrote:
Stargate is getting a little too repetitive, Visiting new planets, becoming allies with the locals and fighting the goaul'd. Don't you get board of this. Atleast change the storyline here and there.

Goaul'd series is over now its about some other threat. but i agrees with u , its getting repetitive.
Lorelay
Well 3 or5 episodes it was interesting and then it start being something like a soup series, where everybody's dieng or getting to coma=)
LMSdesign
Bring Jack back and I would like it more. We ( my husband and I) have been watching it faithfully since it first started. I really wish they had not gotten rid of O'Neal ( Richard Dean Anderdson). I don't care much for the cast they have on now, and as far as Atlantis, I don't like the charactor they got running the place. I like Ronan, on Atlantis, but that is about it. That woman they have running the place is not very bright, trusing the Raith, I mean, come on! how stupid can you be.

Lisa
Lorelay
As for me I love the wery 1st film Stargate with Curt, it was funny, exiting and interesting. Film looked not once, very much it is pleasant! Ancient Egypt, parallel the world, fidelity and love, honour and self-sacrifice - idea of film.
squirrelmaster
she only trusted the wraith because it was an only option(other than dieing by lots of hive ships)

one question about the last atlantis episode though, how could the virus affect the computers, if they put it on a "firewalled, non-networked" computer????

so now the wraith are coming to earth, i guess when it comes back on in july, it will be all together because they are all fighting for earth.

don't know how they are going to defeat the ori, unless daniel somehow finds the holy grail!!
LMSdesign
First, what the &*%#@$ happend to the text color, it is too bloody hard to read!

Ya, how did the virus get into all the computers? The writers need to think, faster on their feet. They must have thought that the Raith were downloading a seperate virus, but they never really said that sooo..,... who the h*ll knows.

I think Daniel will save the day, or the Raith will find a new item on the lunch menu, Goa'ould. I say let them fight it out and we will deal with the winner.

I want O'neal back.

Lisa
squirrelmaster
first, the text color was a april fool's prank by the admin,

secondly, what do you mean goa'ould, the actual creature, or the human they inhabit??

because i thought the whole point and attitude of the atlantis team was to stop them feeding on humans.(even if there goa'ould)

which was why the retrovirus was made.

i foresee the wraith fighting the ori, because they wouldn't follow anyone.
but don't know how it will all turn out for earth. Confused
Ljsk
Big fan of the show. Seems like it might be coming to a close soon, although I hope it doesn't.
LMSdesign
I forgot about the Ori! Oh, I know, the Gou'ld will invade the Raith, what a combo that will be!

They need to quit looking at the Gou'ld and Raith as Human, they are not! Maybe that is why I don't like the charactor Dr. Wear, she is to much of a patsy. She needs to quit feeling sorry for her enemy for what they used to be and fight what they are now.

I want O,Neal back.

Lisa
AauK
I'm a big fan of both SG1 and Atlantis. I'm not as into Atlantis, but it has been getting better.

I'm dying to see the conclusion of the last episode of SG1 though... That was one hell of a battle, if you could call it that.
fm..
love stargate however i do like atlantis more now than stargate. reason why i liked it is because they link ancient history to the show egyptian gods norse mythology some greek mythology. favorite character for me is daniel because hes the one linking it all Smile
alkady
AauK wrote:
I'm a big fan of both SG1 and Atlantis. I'm not as into Atlantis, but it has been getting better.

I'm dying to see the conclusion of the last episode of SG1 though... That was one hell of a battle, if you could call it that.

I doubt that will happen for the next few years, I think they renewed the show for a few more seasons and the show has been doing fairly well in the merchandisation scheme and has been milking out alot of money so far off DVD's, Books, Merchandises ect.
squeakypants
stargate is amazing from the movie to season 7, season 8 is pretty good (and season 1 of atlantis), but this year it's been going downhill. I'm not just saying that because of no o'neill, but the ori are just horrible enemies and storyline...
zebrabongo
Maybe the series has been running too long.
I still love it, but it's not as good anymore.

Jack O'Neill IS Stargate. Accept no substitutes.

Atlantis came off at a good start, but now it's kind of in a slump.
talonsmallville
I loved so much SG-1 and now on Brazil we watch the 2nd season about Stargate Atlantis and I´m in love for that too. On first season I didn´t watch so much, but now with Jason is so much better.
SG-1 is one of my favorites shows ever. Here we saw on MGM, but They just put off, no explication.
Now Fox put this show on programation.
And I can see now. I have the first season on DVD.
My faves characters are Jack and Daniel (oh my, he so hot Embarassed )

I loved the humor on Jack - he so hilarius - unic (one of Kind) there is no one like him. Here on Brazil We watch the 8th season yet, but I know he is not on show anymore - I will miss him so much.
djfreakske
i have seen every show of stargate sg1 and atlantis and i am just addicted to this series. but i just love when they discover new technology especially in atlantis. the gadgets and stuff looks just so cuul. now i have to wait for the second part of episodes of stargate atlantis. this sucks Sad
and i dont think this show is repetitive. every episode is different, and that makes it just so good. Cool
zebrabongo
Noooooo!

Do we really have to wait untill summer before Atlantis starts up again?

All I can find are these:

http://www.tv.com/stargate-atlantis/show/11415/episode_listings.html&season=3
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/index.shtml

I guess we have to be gratefull that it's not being cancled.
Xcelerate
I like the repetition, as long as it's good. Of course, the season finale thing with the Ori (sp?) was somewhat overly dramatic, and nothing new really developed in that episode. But it will be interesting to see what happens, especially with these "ascended beings".
Dean_The_Great
I find that Stargate, such as many Sci-fi series, becomes difficult to follow if you are just the occasional watcher as the plot tends to shift quickly from problem to problem. And with the Canadian Stations playing different series at different times of day, it's exceptionally difficult to simply "jump in" to the series.

Stargate Atlantis, however, is a series I started watching from the beginning and throughly enjoy every episode, even though it's only going into season 3, I have hopes that it will be a great, long lasting series much like SG-1.
ryanh2006
Hey there guys a fellow Stargate Junkie here!!! SGA is incredible, period.!! I adore it even more then SG-1 (but I have not seen Season 9 yet so i can't be sure Sad ) I mean, I have been hooked from the get go. I thought that the pilot was amazing and its managed to get even better episode after episode. It has a completely different feel to it and the characters are brilliant. Things like the Spacegates, the different galaxy, the Wraith... have made me a comple SGA nutter! Shep, the Doc and Weir are amazing and you have to be nuts not to adore Zalenka and Rodney. Man I feel like watching season 1 again, just to recreate the mood! I am really glad that you got this thread going! I haven't searched yet, but if a thread for BSG(Battlestar Galactica) doesn't exist then in my opinion thats just wrong!! BSG is a killer show. K guys I gtg now but hopefully I will drop by later one, so catch your later Very Happy
tsukiyuuki
I'm ridiculously addicted to SG1, and I'll probably get addicted to Atlantis when I get a chance to watch it all. I've seen a few episodes, and I have to say... Yay MacKay!

SG1 will probably always be my favourite, just because I saw it first and I'm a huge mythology/history junkie (I don't have over 25 books on mythology alone-- really!). It makes the mythology nerd in me spaz with excitement all the time, especially when they use obscure or little-known myths/gods that most people have never heard of.

I'm actually really excited about season nine (which I have watched, but al still excited for) and the upcoming season ten of SG1, because the series is moving into the Arthurian mythology, which I love a lot. I was really sad when Richard Dean Anderson left the show, but it's understandable why he left-- wanting to spend more time with his family and all. He's going to be in more of seaon ten, I hear. Yay! I'm just glad Michael Shanks hasn't decided to leave again yet; seaons six made me sad, even though Jonas could be amusing at times.

I really like Cameron Mitchell; his character is so amusing, and it's funny watching him have to follow the lead of Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c as he gets used to going off-world. He's technically their CO, but they have a lot more experience than him.
Idoru
Just got through Stargate SG1, and must say, though, as said, repetetive sometimes, a good
series. When they strike at the storylines with some more deapth or get philosophical, I'm
hooked. The self-distance is also nice, although sometimes driven a bit to far.

Looking forward to the rest of 10th season, planning to catch up on Atlantis while waiting.
Also, I like what they've done with the mythological references, aswell to the Egypt, Norse 'n
Anglosaxian. Though I must say I at first had quite a chew to swallow that Thor (I'm Norse)
should be a little grey guy... Hm... Still chewing that one Laughing

Nice series, altogeather. Fun and impressive that it stayed alive as long as it has!
talonsmallville
Hi people:

I fell so sorry that show was cancell.

I liked very much it.

I fell so happy that directv now has Fox channel, ´cause I should be see that show, and now I heard that was cancell.

I´m sad. I loved Coronel O ´Nell, but he left the show... I hope They made a good the end for the serie.
benjmd
STARGATE!!! (Yes, that is me running around my apartment with my hands in the air!)

I love this show. I got into it a few years back when a friend sat me down with seasons 1-6 and i watched 120+ episodes over the course of 2 weeks. Haven't stopped being totally addicted to it since. I miss the Stargate Mondays on SciFi when they'd just play 5 consecutive episodes. You could just leave that on and go about your business and periodically plop on the couch an become enraptured for a while.

Rumors: Stargate SG-1 might be picked up by another company/network. There may be a third stargate show in the future.

Dunno if those rumors are true, but I don't think I'd mind if they were!!

The show has definitely changed a lot since its beginning (having seen all 200+ episodes multiple times). The first season was amazing for all of the novelty and so was the second (do you remember when you & Jack O'Neill first met the Asgard???????). Subsequent seasons did a lot to expand the characters, make the show quirky and endearing, and to explore a ton of creative scientific oddities. Passing into season five and six, as the Goa'uld threat came to a head, the show started to add a new dimension - "shock and awe." No episode was more "HOLY S*** THAT'S COOL" than the second Lost City episode with the battle over Antarctica at the end of Season 7. Recent seasons have seen the expansion to Atlantis usher in a new tenor to the show that, I think, has offered long time Stargate fans the feel that they've been waiting for after so many years of battling with Earth's first enemies.

Ultimately, a show like Stargate relies on a few things: new technology and old habits. That's what makes it fun - the new science (i.e. science fiction) and the old quirks that make us love the characters. They have to rehash things about the characters to play that up and there's only so many new weapons or enemies one can think of. For 10 seasons worth, I think they've done well.

Anyways, I've rambled enough.
SGbilder
Yet another stargate fan(altho i dont like them replacing farscape)

I started out determined to hate everything about stargate since it was one of the reasons they cancelled farscape. and I was successful... for about half an episode. and soon i felt myself reluctantly being addicted to yet another scifi show. and then came sg atlantis! talk about going from great to even better! I just love sg atlantis and rodney mckay! he's so funny! anyho its time for me to sedade my addiction with some old episodes...
pansophia
I'm also a big fan of Stargate, and I can't believe Sci Fi cancelled a show that was doing so well for them. And it looks like Sci Fi just got greedy - they wanted to air shows that they had a role in producing so they could take a cut of the merchandising rights. I will make a dedicated effort to not watch anything that comes out of Sci Fi's own house.

Has anyone tried out MGM's new Stargate web site? It's sort of like MySpace with better video sharing features: http://stargatesg1.com
Simulator
I have to say, I love it its amazing, theres a DVD mag out here every two weeks and its about to start season 9, which I've seen in America, and its amazing, Jack might be gone, but I love it, I think its amazing, with our without RDA, 10 years is amazing, I just hope when they show the ending to series 10 over here it ends good.

QUESTION:I have series 1-8 on DVD, though I don't have the Furlings in it yet..... I've seen them in episode 200, but is that whats to come? or what? Thats really bugging me..... And they did look like Ewoks Very Happy Laughing
Idoru
pansophia wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Stargate, and I can't believe Sci Fi cancelled a show that was doing so well for them.

Lot's of rumors about this, I've noticed, but am I wrong beliving that the show is still on?
After what I've seen it seems that it's still planned for at least finnishing the 10th season.
I kind of got stuck in the show, and would be disappointed if they don't even bother
doing at least a 'semi-ending' it the stories. Aswell in SG1 as Atlantica.

Then again, who knows what they are thinking, the makers. Perhaps that's the idea
with the movies I also hear rumors they're planning to make.
DeFwh
I love SG-1. Actually Im watching Season 2 right now. Im glad they brought SG-1 back but I dont like that Jack and George had to go. They were two of the best characters on the show. Both supported there roles excellently. I also dont like the fact the Teal'c has hair now. I mean because of his whole ideology about having a shaved head. If you remember from the episode "Holiday" Teal'c in Jacks body wanted to shave Jacks head if he would have remained in that body.
arc9917
Like a lot of yall have said stargate has got to a point were they are just doing the same old things with a new enemy. Did it seem like really conventant to anyone else that as soon as there is peace in the universe we screw it up again. An personaly i dont think they went in a bad direction to keep the show alive and if it wasn't for alot of BS from the higher ups SG1 would still be on the air. But instead they think Sci Fi fans wanna see Wressling and superheros reality tv but anyways that a different topic all together. I think it would have been cool if they would have done another spin off where they show exploration of the Stargate universe on ships. I mean there a lot of planets out there with out gates or the gate are burried. But i dont know if the rest of the fan would thinks so idk?
squirrelmaster
so your saying that the season is cancelled???

i really don't believe that, but who knows they just might be that crazy.
well, as soon as the doctor-who season is over we shall find out what will be on the scifi channel on fridays, hopefully stargate. Wink
i like the series 'heroes' but i don't want it to replace stargate!
(besides i don't even watch heroes on scifi channel i watch it on channel 2 on moday nights)
arc9917
They anounced that they cancled SG1 right after the 200th Episode. Read the press release. Hopefully another network or sci fi will stop being stupid but as of right now SG1 is Cancled
squirrelmaster
well that is stupid!!! Evil or Very Mad
Crying or Very sad *edit: whatever happened to that rumor of a 2nd stargate movie after episode 200???? -end edit*

oh well, i guess it had a good life(10 seasons, i really can't think of anything that has been on longer, except maybe the simpsons)

i hope they dont cancel doctor who, it would be fun if it lasted at least 5 years Very Happy
arc9917
I agree it is stupid but that what happened after i think it was NBC took over the network. Im not sure about the second movie but it wouldn't have anything to do with Sci Fi any way that one would be MGM's Brain Child. But if they did it was suppose to show everything that happend during the time between the movie and the Show. Yeah the only thing that has even came close is the XFiles. Star Trek kinda did if you count all the spin offs. But SG1 ran off with first place for the longest running Sci Fi series. But i think Sci made a big mistake when they took it off the air cause if another network picks it up there g2 loose alot of viewers. Oh btw if you didn't know there a petition that u can sign on the interent to get Stargate back.
odinsrealm
sg1 and atlantis fan here (well all sci fi really)
i for one love the new cast on sg1 its a shame they cancelled really as they are just settling in nicely, i love ben bowder and claudia blacks fresh blood in the series and they have revitalised it in my opinion sg went down hill when the promoted jack and he looked bored to tears in many episodes in s8 atlantis rox and i hope we have some nice crossovers now the star gateway system is up and running
Idoru
arc9917 wrote:
They anounced that they cancled SG1 right after the 200th Episode. Read the press release. Hopefully another network or sci fi will stop being stupid but as of right now SG1 is Cancled

I just don't get it. I've searched all around sifi's homepage without finding any info
on cancellation of the show. What press-release?
Perhaps the only way to get a trustworthy answer about this mystery will be to wait
untill the show is supposed to go on air again and hope for the best. Confused
Living on the hope til' proved wrong! Cool
arc9917
SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back

SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

Stargate SG-1, developed for television by executive producers Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner, is based on the 1994 feature film Stargate. SG-1, which originally starred Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, began on Showtime, then moved to SCI FI after five seasons. The current cast includes Tapping, Shanks and Judge and newcomers Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges. It airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

This is the press release from Sci Fi it can be found at this link http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=37607
Idoru
Oh, ok... thx, I guess. Well, thx, I shall not shoot the messenger! Wink
Then it's just to keep on waiting for more Atlantis n' hope someone realizes that it's a
very good investment to keep SG1 running. Very Happy
DeFwh
Idoru wrote:
Oh, ok... thx, I guess. Well, thx, I shall not shoot the messenger! Wink
Then it's just to keep on waiting for more Atlantis n' hope someone realizes that it's a
very good investment to keep SG1 running. Very Happy

I agree and really SG1 is a great show that captured a lot of the scifis community attention. Atlantis just doesnt draw me into the story wanting more at the end of every ep.

Atlantis is a good show but i think that if SG1 and Atlantis had more interaction it make for an overall better. I also think that some of the missions in atlantis were a little cheesy.
squirrelmaster
YAY!, at least i can still watch atlantis!
when you said stargate got canceled i thought you meant both, and i was real mad at scifi, but now at least there is some stargate to watch.

Hopefully there will still be that interaction from earth to atlantis, and maybe some of sg1 visit once and a while (maybe fleeing from the ori?)
sorry...speculating again Wink
anyway, if another station does pick up sg1, i hope they keep it true to the characters and storylines.
Jeff_vella_leone
man i love star gate all of them i first watched it with my father when i was younger in his home theater well it was cool
i allways want more Smile
LMSdesign wrote:
Bring Jack back and I would like it more. We ( my husband and I) have been watching it faithfully since it first started. I really wish they had not gotten rid of O'Neal ( Richard Dean Anderdson). I don't care much for the cast they have on now, and as far as Atlantis, I don't like the charactor they got running the place. I like Ronan, on Atlantis, but that is about it. That woman they have running the place is not very bright, trusing the Raith, I mean, come on! how stupid can you be.

Lisa

LMSdesign omg how did you manage to have -147 points crist
cant actually beleave it
Rico
I liked the movie quite a bit and I think they did a good job of making a TV series out of the concept. The writers could have opted for less complicated evil empire with the imminent destruction of earth and its overrated population, and maybe a little more about the totally incredible coolness of the stargate and its possibilities. There was a little of that in the series and very enjoyable. At the time of the movie’s release I remember being very impressed with the way they decided to show the stargate in action. That bubbles in the water look and the face of the gate looking like water, a very successful special effect. The movie had a few revolutionary morph effects that were very cool but those have become quite common place.
KoiboySG1
Stargate is my number 1 serie Dancing

just saw stargate atlantis season 3 episode 11 Very Happy Great episode Shocked
RT Cunningham
For several years, I watched absolutely no TV while my kids watched all kinds of things. I slowly got back into watching TV in the last two years. I'm up to 5 TV shows per week.

About a year ago, a friend recommended that I watch Stargate SG1 and I said I hadn't watched it since the first couple of episodes when it was on Showtime. He convinced me to watch the older episodes first. I ended up renting and watching six or seven seasons continuously for more than a week straight (whatever was out on DVD at the time).

The last couple of seasons with the new characters has been hard to like compared to the others. Still, I hope they use the characters on Atlantis from time to time -- it would be great if Daniel Jackson transfered to Atlantis permanently.
squirrelmaster
You know daniel moving to atlantis for good would actually work because before the 'merlin weapon search to kill the ori' thing, thats what he was actually going to do!

and carter has appeared in atlantis twice that i know of
(although 1 time was just a hallusination, LOL)
I am pretty sure that o'neil isn't coming back, because of the gradual fadeout in the last season. teal'c most likey has to stay with his people and i can't think of any reason he would come to atlantis (except the galaxy is about to be wiped out and he needs an escape)
and mitchell in atlantis would definitaly be a confilct of personality, but
it's really all up to the writers of the atlantis series anyway
(i just like to be right sometimes, like i predicted the hypergate, but i think every1 saw that coming Wink)
medievalman26
I love them both too. I kinda stopped watching this season so I have no idea what is going on I just have no free time anymore on Friday nights.
Jeff_vella_leone
medievalman26 wrote:
I love them both too. I kinda stopped watching this season so I have no idea what is going on I just have no free time anymore on Friday nights.

ha it seems im not the only one that hasnt got time anymore to watch movies allthough i would love to
work school and my car wont leave me time to go out with friens not even to watch a movie damit
though i used to record the movie on cassette though i finished the cassests recording and not watching cos of no time
dam school Sad
sg series are so cool guys
squirrelmaster
i know what you mean, about a year ago i missed 5 episodes straight. But if i do get that busy again i hope to record it, becuase eventually i will have time free to watch it (though i have a dvd recorder, got it @ walmart for $100)
at least now its not a 2-hour block to watch because sg1 is cancelled, though it does make me sad Sad
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I loved so much Stargate shows.

I read that They are preparate a third show about. Anybody knows about what is this?

Can anybody give something more news about?

Thanks anyway.
faker_phil
talonsmallville wrote:
I read that They are preparate a third show about. Anybody knows about what is this?

Can anybody give something more news about?

First off, don't worry. Atlantis isn't being cancelled Wink

To answer your question:

Quote:
A production source informs GateWorld that the new series is in the concept phase, and is being actively worked on by the Vancouver creatives behind Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. No concept for the show has yet been revealed.

The third TV series is also not likely to be rushed into production for a 2007 premiere in order to replace SG-1, which takes its final bow with 10 new episodes this spring. Instead, a premiere in 2008 or later is more likely at this point. (Note that, at this time in the fall of 2003, Stargate Atlantis was well into casting, script-writing, and set-building to make a July premiere date.)

http://gateworld.net/news/2006/12/exclusive_third_istargatei_serie.shtml
talonsmallville
Hi people,

Thanks Faker, I guess I should be wait some more for more information, hun. For now there is no much them.

Thanks Wink
squirrelmaster
wow, i guess i should read gatewworld, this is the second thing i didnt know about: first was the cancellation and now the third series, but at least i have frihost Wink
talonsmallville
Hi people,

Here at Brazil is very later to watch all shows.

"Stargates", for exemple are one season later. Now We see the 9th season of Stargate SG-1 and the second season of Stargate Atlantis.

So, my question is: I hear that the cute one Daniel Jackson moving for the Stargate Atlantis. Is That True?
Idoru
talonsmallville wrote:
Hi people,

Here at Brazil is very later to watch all shows.

"Stargates", for exemple are one season later. Now We see the 9th season of Stargate SG-1 and the second season of Stargate Atlantis.

So, my question is: I hear that the cute one Daniel Jackson moving for the Stargate Atlantis. Is That True?

Here in Sweden all of the show hasn't even been aired, that is, if you don't pay for the right channels. Seen it anyhow, and about your question, even though I know the answer, it remains un-answered. Don't want to throw a spoiler like that. Wink
Blu_Spykz
Ever notice how they change SG1 in series 8 (the Ori...) and 2 seasons later it gets cancelled?

Reminds me of X Files being changed in series 8 (dogget...) and 2 seasons later it too came to an end...

maybe the story is repetetive but if it is a winning formula(e) don't change it.
MeddlingMonk
Quote:
Ever notice how they change SG1 in series 8 (the Ori...) and 2 seasons later it gets cancelled?

I think they were beginning to run out of ideas, since the main enemies up to that point (the Replicators and the Goa'uld) were defeated in Season 8. Don't like Season 9 as much as earlier seasons (here in Australia, we finished getting Season 9 about two months ago). I've heard that they're planning two SG1 movies, though, set after Season 10.

I like Stargate Atlantis, too. Thought Season 1 was great and can't wait for Season 2. Now, as is typical of free-to-air broadcasters in Australia, they aired the first three episodes of Season 2 of Atlantis after SG1 Season 9 had finished, then stopped and started a different program in its timeslot!
RT Cunningham
The problem the producers have with SG1 is the same problem they have with all long-running series. They're not sure what specific items cause the series to be popular in the first place. The writers have yet to figure out that they just need to find out what the most popular episodes are and build on them, not on some garbage they dream up later.

Let me rephrase that. They know what the most popular episodes are. They just haven't learned to capitalize on them.
squirrelmaster
yeah, i really hoped they would have done something with the day always repeating episode, and the jack invisible episode, and others, but anyway i guess it's too late for that to happen Sad
medievalman26
I heard that they are actually starting it up again. They must be the craziest show I mean seriously they have been canceled and brought back more times than I can count.
Idoru
A few episodes of Atlantis have been aired. I think it was in Canada.
They mixed up the numbers, so ep. 15 of the third season was named
14 and then it stoped. Shame on you
A bit clumsy, but hey, at least we got to see a few ones to keep the hope
up =)
Ivooo
I am also a fan of Stargate, I like SG1 and Atlantis. It is one of the best Science-Fiction series!

Ivooo
ramadangroup
Star gate ,,, it is my favorite movie , cause I love all science fiction movies
rekluzz
I live fairly close to where they film both SG1 and Atlantis here in Burnaby, BC. They had an open house at the studio on Halloween, but you had to be lucky to grab the limited tickets they had for that. The entire studio is decorated and stage hands get made up by the make up crew to look scary and go around freaking out all the visitors.
http://www.filmhaunt.com/home
http://www.bridgestudios.com/
squirrelmaster
does anybody know when the new atlantis season premieres?
Dr. Who has been over for weeks, so the new Sci-Fi lineup would have presumably started after that but it hasn't, so i was just wondering about when.
RT Cunningham
I don't know when the SciFi premier is, but I've already been watching it. I'm up to the season's 19th episode.
KoiboySG1
squirrelmaster wrote:
does anybody know when the new atlantis season premieres?

I think its in july or august.
medievalman26
Does anybody know if there is going to be another season of SG1. If there is do you know when it starts?
Ivooo
season 10 is the last season of stargate sg1, after that, there will come two movies, and that's it
medievalman26
Thanks Ivooo