FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Mobile Phones

yisou
What mobile phone you all got?

I've got a Moto Razr V3

Tell me what mobiles you all have.
juninho_14
Mine is Motorola E365 or C365 i dont remember ..lol Embarassed Laughing
rightclickscott
I got some crappy gophone or something I use for emergencies. I don't even really carry it with me. It's always sitting in my room, forever charging.
meet in rio
I have a hugely crappy Alcatel brick. It only texts in upper case, has five five-note ringtones, no games and an abysmal battery life. I hardly ever even switch it on.

But hey, it does what a phone ought to do.
pckid2
My phone is a Sagem My-X2, it's not too bad, but before that I had a siemens c35e and before that a Motorola brick!!!

All of these were on Orange PAYG (GO ORANGE!!!)
goutha
I've got a Razr V3 too. Very happy with it.
Scorpio
rightclickscott wrote:
I got some crappy gophone or something I use for emergencies. I don't even really carry it with me. It's always sitting in my room, forever charging.

Mine is not exactly crappy, not the best either.

I've got a Nokia 3100.

It has all the basic features, color, capacity, and also features that are enough for me to survive

I dont need a mobile phone that acts like everything else except a mobile phone.
Gieter
I have a Sony Ericsson T230, it's not the best model around, but it does it's job, and it looks nice. So no complaints. Wink
Kael
I have an LG pm325. Great phone, lots of features.
Of course I have the complete PCS Vision package. Internet and the works. The bill isn't cheap, but I can do the things I want with it.
xkarenflowerx
i had a lovely motorola v300!! i really loved that phone, but. . i kind of got angry one night and threw it out of the window twice and then snapped it in half :/

darn, sugar is bad. and the bad advert that was on tv!!!!! it was the advert Crying or Very sad

and then i got the upgraded version of that phone a couple of months ago, it was black instead of blue. . and that kind of got snapped in half again Rolling Eyes

so now i am waiting for one to arrive from ebay ^.^ for 6! awesome value, although it's really old.

*sighs in memory of the poor motorolas* Exclamation
the_mariska
Who bothers. A good phone would be that one which I could use for more than 3 days without charging, so it turns out that I've never had a good one so far. Now I'm using Siemens C65 and I would be really glad if I didn't have to charge it so often (once for 2 days Razz). So far, I've had a few different Nokia models (I've had 2 of them stolen :/) and a legendary Motorola brick, but one can never be fully satisfied Laughing
Raffles
I have a Nokia N70. It's a cool piece of kit. It can do a good range of things, and I would reccommend it to anyone. It's great having a phone which can do so much after having crappy ones in the past.

Although I'm with Vodafone, and the OS is good. But my cousin has the smae phone, but on Orange, and they've f*cked up the OS.
Team Hedgehog
I got a Sony Ericsson P900, its great! It's almoust multimedia phone, videos, music and all that kind of studd Very Happy.
It has touchschreen too, somethi'n awesome, i dont have to press any buttons to force me to do entertaining things with it Smile

and my bluetooth is pain in the a** really, it accepts everything people send, it can be virus and that kind of stuff, so gotta keep it off Smile
leat397
yisou wrote:

I've got a Moto Razr V3

The same model with U!!!!!!
So what's your color? mine is black one
btw, the phone is quite good!
Jack_Hammer
NOKIA 3330
Rolling Eyes
Blaster
LG VX6000
moejoe
I Have a

Samsung D600 Grey

Excellent Phone, Got it a week ago and im getting a Memory Card for it off Ebay, Can't Wait. 512 MB!!

If you need your mobile phone unlocked check out
http://www.unlockit.tk/

Free Unlocking!

Cheers!
DecayClan
Mne is an old NOKIA 6600.Works good until now, with no problems.Also, a very positive thing about it, is the fact, that it can be severely personalized and configured.You can change everything(i even tryied once to have a mobile linux version in it... Razz
cafefort
Samsung X600 Smile
simple, light, oldish Wink
KayosGraphix
My nokia's so old idont even know the model any more...
thiamshui
i have a Nokia 6680 now.. previously used a Nokia 3220.. rather satisfied with it, 3G, 1.3MP camera, mp3 function, bluetooth, etc..
Kur0
Samsung D500 and i'm very pleased with it and it has never let me down Smile I love the mp3 player function Razz
nox-Hand
I have the Motorola E398. It was a VERY slow phone when I got it, and I never thought I could change it. Then I Googled it up last week, and found out that I could flash new software onto it. Better still, Motorola have made a phone with iTunes on it, that has the same hardware as my phone! Only difference is, one button has been added for iTunes on the new model (Motorola ROKR).

So, I downloaded all the files, which took me ages, then I found my USB cable, flashed my Moto, and now I have a quick phone with iTunes! Very Happy

That is really great Razz

nox-Hand
Gieter
Posted in the wrong topic, excuse me.
nox-Hand
Gieter wrote:
'The hardest language in the world' is something relative. I'll give an example: my primary language is Dutch, and that's a Germanic language. So all Germanic languages are easier to learn for me, because my primary language is a Germanic language. Romanic languages will be harder for me.

Someone who has French as his primary language, will have a harder time with Germanic languages than with Romanic languages.

You can however, look at things such as alphabet, grammar, irregularities, and then you can make a list with on number one the most difficult language, but it will stay relative.

You sure you got the right thread? Wink

nox-Hand
tkcy
I just got a sony ericsson 550i recently. I gave up on Nokia. My previous phone nokia 6260 gave me sooooooooooooooooo much problems that i actually had to go to the Nokia care centre to send my phone for servicing at least once every month. The worst was 1 month before i finally sold off the phone, i had to send it for servicing twice a month. Holy shit, that phone sucks. Thank goodness i managed to get rid of it. God bless the next owner. Hehe. Anyway, its Sony erricsson for me now. Cheers! Smile
nox-Hand
I have also had loads of problems with Nokia, so I switched to Sony Ericsson, then Motorola. I have never regrettet it Very Happy

nox-Hand
oneightwo
Motorola E398

very nice. But don't realy use stuff like mp3 player, since i have an ipod. Very Happy
nox-Hand
Just get iTunes on your Moto, baby!

Or at least new firmware. You have to admit, the speakers on the E398 are great, yes?

Very Happy

nox-Hand
oneightwo
yeah. definately. i love it. Very Happy
the only reason i dont use it to play mp3s is because i only have the 64mb card that came with it. and my iPod is a 60GB video - awesomeness!

Also, how can i get iTunes for it? ive never wanted to/needed to, so i have no idea Confused
sibbahz
I have a samsung z500, 3G but currently in o2 being repaired for the 2nd time Sad
So at the moment im using their loan phone which is a nokia 3100.
nox-Hand
Well, you must know this:

You lose all warranty on your Moto, if you do this.

First you download all sorts of Applications, including PST (Phone Support Tools, which you won't find a link to easially, as it is considered Warez, so why don't you just give it a Google? Wink).
Then you follow guides like these:
http://mirror.softcox.com/e398-to-ROKR/

And when you get to the whole 'Flash an MP, I recommend bla bla bla...', then I recommend getting this MP (Monster Pack):
http://www.motomodders.net/Default.aspx?tabid=55&forumid=13&tpage=1&view=Topic&postid=107286

Then you should have a very nice phone, and it may even be faster (not always, sometimes slower, depends on how your phone is).

Smile

But, I must warn you, if you crap up, you get an expensive Paperweight, which is a right bummer..
Then again, it is said that the Motorola E398 NEVER DIES, so if you crap up, you can probably get help here:
www.motomodders.net

I hope this helps you Smile

nox-Hand
xkarenflowerx
^ i modded my motorola phone Very Happy i changed the outer screen to say 'karen' instead of 't-mobile' ^.^

very fun Wink
nox-Hand
Not the biggest mod of all, but stil nice Smile

nox-Hand
GARY6943
I've got a moto v3 but every so often it jams up, more so when I go to use the camera function, and once it totally jammed even after the battery was removed.
lipinho_gaia
yisou wrote:

I've got a Moto Razr V3

mee too hehe
oneightwo
that looks scary. plus i don't have enough disposable income Sad

that's why i havent yet downgraded my PSP. But i might be getting a job soon, so maybe i will as soon as i save up a bit. But i want an FM Transmitter for my iPod first Wink
g_unit90
nokia 3310 Crying or Very sad Embarassed
nox-Hand
g_unit90 wrote:
nokia 3310 Crying or Very sad Embarassed

Laughing

nox-Hand
GnoMs
Ehh i have nokia 3200. I think it s*cks.
nox-Hand
Well, not odd. I agree, not a good phone Razz

My parents still use the 3310 0o

nox-Hand
Aimewitue
i've got sagem myx7 & currently i have the sony ericsson k750i =)
alkady
I'm ashammed to say I own a sony Ericson, The old model with the screen but with no color.

I'm hoping to update to something more recent or get a Blackberry.
stormybaka
Got a Motorola V220, but about to get a Siemens SK65 with BlackBerry Build-in... S'cool!
speedlikecy
i have a nokia 7610....
can install many software
s60
FrightKnight
Got a motorola W230, C118, and a Philips phone I don't know the model. LOL. I use them together each phone is for a different network. All of those phones are cheap so I'm not rich. hehe
deanhills
I have three Nokias. The cheapest ones - 1100. They have no bells and whistles, and are only for phoning. Since they are not multi-purpose phones what I like about them is that the battery lasts very long before it needs to be charged. I only need to re-charge the batteries once a month. The two spare ones are for back-up and holidays. I usually buy SIM cards when I go to a country for longer than a week.
b4r4t
Well I have small Nokia 6120 on Symbian, and a bigger one - Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6.1 Modded Smile Like both, but I carry toshiba almost everywhere ... WiFi ... QWERTY ... 800x480px screen Very Happy
ProfessorY91
T-Mobile Sidekick LX. Horrible phone by today's standards, don't get it.
Anything with built in Wifi is now good. (and a decent browser).
Helios
Sony Ericsson W760i

Awesome phone, great music quality, love it.
erlendhg
I have got this one:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchhd/overview.html

It's a fantastic HTC Touch HD.
It is, as the name tells, a touch screen phone, and I think it is a worthy competitor to Apple's iPhone, though it is not as fancy and user "intelligent". After all it runs Windows Mobile, and not everybody are huge fans of that OS, you know.
skygaia
I've got LG cyon - there are lots of functin in it. especially, I'd like watching satlite TV on this phone
hamza1122
i had a nokia 6288 but my dad took it off me because i forgot to recharge once so i lost 50+ dollars credit and so he never recharged. and since i wasn't using after he just took it and started using it. =[
SpellcasterDX
I have a T-Mobile BlackBerry Pearl 8120. It's cool. Easy to text and stuff, battery lasts a good while even when I use it a lot. Don't have internet on it though.
pumpin
well, the phone world has evolved now. Plenty of phones out there that will blow your minds out. i use Nokia N95 8GB and a Nokia N72. Aspiring to buy the new Nokia N97. I don't think i can leave Nokia world for any other phone Wink
pll
Got a samsung m510 !

I'd like to get an Iphone but I can't afford it !
Vladalf
I possess a black Siemens CF62. Not much of a mobile phone addict.
I love clamshell ones but... there aren't any that attract me.
Vlad
spring567
My is Lenovo e860. I don't think it's a good mobile phone .
spoonassassinkingdom
i have an iPhone. they are really fun because of all the apps and stuff but the storage space for music and stuff is kind of disappointing. i cant fit everything i want on there so i get kind of frustrated! one thing i do like is now there is an app for camera zoom available on iTunes. Ive been waiting for that to come out FOREVER!!!!!!!
Raidation
Mine's actually a good phone. And popular.

Samsung SGH-i627
a.k.a
Blackjack II
soljarag
I just got the Palm Pre!!!!!! I really like it.... they have a few things they need to work on, but if they release a few software updates to address the missing features, it will be perfect
medesignz
yisou wrote:

I've got a Moto Razr V3

Blackberry Curve - on o2

It runs my life, HAHA
Melacos
I've got a Nokia E71. I got it around christmas last year, and as a study/work related machine, it really works well. Initially I had expected it to be more game-friendly etc., but after having gotten used to the fact that it definitely isn't, I'm still very much smitten:P
anakin_skyrunner
That's mine:

It's a Sony Ericsson K530i and, believe it or not, I like it Smile
ankitdatashn
the first one owned was a lg phone, I bet lg products are the worst.

next was a nokia 3110c, and that is the best mobile I have had till date, dont have a wi-fi but still is is comparatively a good buy for a reasonable sum of money.

also own a communicator, pretty ok, good for flaunting, ok types for a phone but still my 5000rs nokia 3110c is far superior then my 30000rs communicator Smile
Fanghai
I got a samsung slide phone with a keyboard. it's mad good. I dropped it a couple of times and nothing happened to the screen. the keyboard also functions very well and the texting is very simple. the only thing i would change is that the camera kinda sucks. if i can get it up to 2.0 mpx it'll be such a big hit
jjgang
I currently own a samsung A512, hopefully I will have a lg touchphone soon....I am sick of this samsung.....it's getting hard to charge too now
FunDa
ankitdatashn wrote:

next was a nokia 3110c, and that is the best mobile I have had till date, dont have a wi-fi but still is is comparatively a good buy for a reasonable sum of money.

also own a communicator, pretty ok, good for flaunting, ok types for a phone but still my 5000rs nokia 3110c is far superior then my 30000rs communicator Smile

U say the 3110 classic is better than a communicator ? I would have to agree with u. Laughing

3110c is one of the cheapest but most adaptable phone I've seen. It has JAVA and FlashLite support.
Even costlier phones don't have flashlite.

Communicator is just too old. It tries too hard to lok like an ancient phone when closed ...

I love Nokia for its software support. The Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681, N70, N72 all were inexpensive mobiles with support for several kinds of software

There was no restriction of certificates and stuff.

U could install symbian, JAVA, and even FlashLite software

Gaes, System tools, Productivity tools.

Anything and everything was available !!
speeDemon
I've got a samsung star SG5233....

3.2 mp camera, song support as usual, full touch screen, motion sensing, accelerometer... and much much more
Utopia GFR
I own a Nokia 1600 :
http://www.anysales.co.uk/images/mobile/l_44110285.jpg

A "low-cost" mobile phone extremely easy to use and very handy.

No fancy stuff (camera, MP3 player) that isn't really useful if you restrict yourself only to calling purposes.

I'd rather buy specific material for that Smile

yisou wrote:

I've got a Moto Razr V3

Zombie
I dont have a mobile phone, because I dont want a brain tumor
[FuN]goku
I've got a Sony Ericsson W580i.

http://i.expansys.com/i/b/b147470.jpg

I like it for the whole slide feature and whatnot Razz
mwsupra
I have an Iphone. I've tried many different smart phones out there and in the end chose to stick with the Iphone. The amount of things it can do and apps it has just overwhelms me Razz
yuichan
I used my Nokia 72 for 4-5 yrs already. I want to change but no money.. Laughing
Donutey
Blackberry Pearl (8100), I got it cheap refurbished (~$50) with my plan a couple years ago. It's a pretty good phone, especially because I can SSH into my server with it.
Ankhanu
In general, I rather hate cellular phones... dislike phones in general, but we're doing away with our landline soon, so I needed one.

Since I'll almost never use the phone part of the phone, but do need to be reachable by phone, the only way that I wouldn't be wasting my money was to get a smartphone. Really, the only smartphone that did enough computer-y communications stuff to suit my needs for what is basically a pocket computer, and have a good, solid UI was the iPhone. I ended up biting the bullet and getting one (iPhone 3Gs, 16Gb) about a week ago or so and have been pretty damn happy with it. It's a great little device, keeps me connected online the way that I want to be while I'm on the go and is delightfully intuitive. I sell cell phones where I work, so I've dealt with many phone UIs and none of them compare for simplicity and intuitive function.
polly-gone
I have an LG Chocolate 2 as my mobile phone, but I use my iPod Touch for texting, email, etc if I have access to a WiFi connection, which is most of the time.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
hamza1122
i had a nokia 6288 until my dad took it off me ><" gay. he's now using it even though it was supposed to be for me. he took it off me because i forgot to recharge my credit so i lost 50+ bux!
pscompanies
Faithful old Nokia 6120c Smile
littleladyluck
i just bought the nokia e71. i like its sleek design, i find it quite an elegant little thing. i'm still discovering its features, not yet through unfortunately. among the things so far i like is the WI-FI. i think that quite nice for me. before that i was a faithful sony ericsson fan.
Dean_The_Great
I have an LG TU915. It's a touchscreen model that sucks on battery life, but uses WAP internet and has a delightful scheduler. I love it, and only wish the battery lasted longer.
crimson_aria
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

It's a Sony Ericsson K530i and, believe it or not, I like it Smile

we have the same phone. It's a simple phone, but I like it too.

I'm going to change my mobile very soon though. I'm still thinking of what to get.
Ashtray
Mine was recently stolen Sad
carlospro7
I have the Motorola RIZR Z6 world edition, which means I can use practically anywhere. I used it in Peru and it worked in Lima. I tried in Machupicchu, but didn't have any signal Confused
chatrack
I am using NOKIA 3500c with 256M card
I need game soft for it, any one have links for cool games for 3500c Embarassed

foreverdestiny
Nokia 6300.
Donutey
The first Blackberry Pearl that came out (got it for $50 refurbished, model 8100, two years ago). I'm only missing GPS and wifi that come in the later models (grr...).
ankitdatashn
FunDa wrote:
ankitdatashn wrote:

U say the 3110 classic is better than a communicator ? I would have to agree with u. Laughing

3110c is one of the cheapest but most adaptable phone I've seen. It has JAVA and FlashLite support.
Even costlier phones don't have flashlite.

Communicator is just too old. It tries too hard to lok like an ancient phone when closed ...

I love Nokia for its software support. The Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681, N70, N72 all were inexpensive mobiles with support for several kinds of software

There was no restriction of certificates and stuff.

U could install symbian, JAVA, and even FlashLite software

Gaes, System tools, Productivity tools.

Anything and everything was available !!

Good to see someone according with the thought, What I believe builds up the fan index for nokia phones is their robustness, No matter how many times you drop them, from the table, from a car, etc they might break but they stay in working condition as supported by some of the people who have posted here.

The second advantage point is the navigation ease of Nokia phones, it simple and sufficient and sometimes just a bit surplus, the 3S technology adds to the popularity of nokia phones. May be this attribute can be because of being habitual wih only nokia phones!!
Spiritfall
I have a SE-K810 and I like it very much. Before that I had a SE-V640i and before that I had a Lg U...
I also had a Sagem my200x and a my-v 55. The My-V 55 was my first phone Smile
When I will have money I will buy a Nokia E72 or something like that.
FunDa
Spiritfall wrote:
I have a SE-K810 and I like it very much. Before that I had a SE-V640i and before that I had a Lg U...
I also had a Sagem my200x and a my-v 55. The My-V 55 was my first phone Smile
When I will have money I will buy a Nokia E72 or something like that.

U mean E75 rite ?

Have a look at N97 too, if u have the money Smile
imagefree
i have Nokia 1100 Very Happy Tired of it but its still working, so i am using it.
kriszara
I am cheap, I have a samsung flip-phone, no butt dialing and t-mobile's pay as you go plan. No cameras or websurfing or anything. Just a basic phone.
logicfail182
My phone is a cheap NET10 phone; I think it's some sort of LG model. Sure, it can't receive pix and the mic sucks, but for the money it can't be beat!
ankitdatashn
imagefree wrote:
i have Nokia 1100 Very Happy Tired of it but its still working, so i am using it.

I guess thats some sorta black and white one. Is it?, the all time sturdy hit phone!
nhatoday
I just got a samsung memoir, it has 8 mega pixel, and you can install games and apps with TkFileExplorer_2.2.exe software. I you want to find games and apps for it, just look for the samsung behold games and apps. they are pretty much a same phone. I In stall about 100 games on my phone, it works pretty good. I like the iphone 2 it has more third party applications but I pick samsung over the iphone because 8 mega pixel camera. I got it from tmobile after rebate for $88.
jackill
Nokia E51. I love wifi & symbian capabilities. My phone is more like laptop, but with pocket size. Battery remains more than a week, but if I'm using wifi all day, it drains within two days. Steel panels makes it though and rigid, so after two years it looks like new.E51 is like 3210 - undestructable Smile
Beny
I-Phone Best Out
I live in UK.

- Beny
ForceRun
Has anyone had any problems with their Iphone 3G S I have really been thinking about picking one up, but my Blackjack is a solid piece of hardware and just won't brake so with my rough life style I was wondering if the Iphone is durable at all?
aningbo
i got Asus P320

its an awesome phone... a little slow but awesome. the possibilities with this phone is endless. check out my youtube video. search for my name.

m loooking forward for a good 3G phone though.
David_Pardy
I've got a Nokia N95 8gb.

I was hanging out for the E75 but Vodafone offered to cut my previous contract short and give me the N95 for free... So I snapped it up! I use it mostly for gaming and nothing else besides calls and SMSes and the only thing I'm missing is the qwerty keyboard which I've never had before anyway.

My next phone will most likely be the E75, or hopefully, its successor.
weableandbob
I had a Motorola W490, but I inherited my dad's Nokia 6263 when he got a new one.
FunDa
David_Pardy wrote:
I've got a Nokia N95 8gb.

I was hanging out for the E75 but Vodafone offered to cut my previous contract short and give me the N95 for free... So I snapped it up! I use it mostly for gaming and nothing else besides calls and SMSes and the only thing I'm missing is the qwerty keyboard which I've never had before anyway.

My next phone will most likely be the E75, or hopefully, its successor.

Get the N97.
Or its successor !!!

I feel pity for all the people who are tied down by the contract of the mobile service operator.

I guess US and UK are just 2 of the countries where this happens.

In India, most(all GSM) mobile operators sell their SIM cards for Rs 99 ($2) without any contract. We can buy any mobile we want and have as many SIM cards as we want.

So we keep swapping SIM cards if we travel across 2 or mor states so that we get a local number all the time.

And these cards come with lifetime validity for a little extra. Call charges are same as or sometimes less than that of landlines.

100 SMS was free daily until recently. now they cost Rs 0.05 per SMS + a daily rental of Rs 1.00
ForceRun
Well, just got my new Iphone 3GS. Very happy with it, ten times better than my Blackjack II Windows Mobile phone.
Baka_Desu
I have a Nokia N85, dislike the phone a lot because of its random crashes and freezes. But it still has an ok five megapixel camera.
mshafiq
I have Samsung Ace World Edition.
I bought it from Bell. They claim it has win mob 6 and it is 3G.
I had simple phones before and I repent buying this phone.
I have laptop/PC etc. I did not need a Cell Phone like this but I bought it to repent.
Keys are very small and if you want to buy a case/holder/pocket you need to spend $20 more as it will not available on common shops.

It makes movies and photos but if you use it frequently and I already has a good Digi Camera.
It has blue-tooth, the only thing I like as I use it in my car.
The worst thing it does not charge from USB (or at least I did not realize/set it properly).

Anyway I did not paid too much for it as I bought it for $100+tax only without contract [Thanks God].

Specifications may be found from http://www.bell.ca/shopping/Samsung-Ace-World-Edition/66636.details#2

-- Thanks
TomS
I've got an HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1 with Googles Android as operating system and I'm highly content. It was pricier than any cellphone I had before but I think it was worth it.
Mihkel
E51. Very good phone with WiFi and Symbian. Only minus is the LCD and camera. But these are also okay. Only minus is battery only 2-3 days, but i'm listening to music with it, so maybe it is good. Don't know...
ssweat
I have the Blackberry 8900 now had the blackberry 8520 prior and the nokia 5300 The nokia was cool just fragile, i really enjoy the Blackberrys though
mshafiq
As you know in my previous post 'PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:13 pm Post subject: Samsung Ace World Edition' I mentioned I bought a new Cell phone.

I would like to share a bad experience with Bell.
They charged $20 as hardware change processing fee.

In my opinion in North America (esp. in Canada) Telecomunication companies have their monopoly.

They sucks the blood from their subscribers.

That is reason I wondered when I listened a company's ad at CJAD radio station (while driving my car to reach office) that is some thing like this

contact us as these companies make mistake. We will not charge you anything if we would not be able to save your money.

Do know how open the market is in India, Pakistan, China etc.

Are we in really advanced country or in Advanced country with advanced slavery.
alex_cyber
Sony E. K 300i lol Laughing Laughing
Donutey
RIM Blackberry Pearl 8100

It has its quirks, but it's a pretty good phone.
anasash
i had been using an old crap, the Nokia 5210. Had good functions with it, no color screen, no bluetooth, no radio, no music......... . And ma friends used to ask me "Who the ****** gave you this holy shit???" ! ! !
That's just memories now and then i'd been using the Sony Ericsson K800i for a while, which went on with me for a while and then came up with some complaints. Switching off while a call is active, then not switching on in the normal mode but only in the flight mode. Even after two repairs the complaints persisted. After a long wait, my father bought me the fabulous N96. I'm using it now and i feel completely satisfied with ma new mobile. It looks good, feels good, functions great, and it's camera is awesome! Good video playback and great speaker sound and all the other features makes it an all-rounder.....
adrenaline
yisou wrote:

I've got a Moto Razr V3

I have an Samsung S5230 Touch!
Very good!
mshafiq
Any idea if Bell Canada will give iPhone?
And what is about their SIM advertisement.
Does it mean same mobile will support GSM network say in Dubai.
Ankhanu
mshafiq wrote:

Bell and Virgin started carrying iPhone in Canada last November. Chances are to use it on a network in Dubai (unless you're roaming) you'll have to unlock the phone to work with whatever company you sign up with there; but that's not TOO hard to do and there are unlocking instructions all over the WWW.
misterXY
Ankhanu wrote:
mshafiq wrote:

Bell and Virgin started carrying iPhone in Canada last November. Chances are to use it on a network in Dubai (unless you're roaming) you'll have to unlock the phone to work with whatever company you sign up with there; but that's not TOO hard to do and there are unlocking instructions all over the WWW.

Yeah it will, need too jailbreak the phone, l worked for Rogers (iPhone specifically, tech not sales), the issue is if you jailbreak your warranty is up, and the 3gS currently has only tethered-jailbreak out, wait it out for a better jailbreak, if you get the 3G then its jailbreakable (the better jailbreak), but either way you'll void your warranty (swap, with apple). Wait a yr when its voided, then jailbreak away!
ProwerBot
I have the LG Rythym right now.

And I am getting the LG enV touch in June... can't waiiiit (:

LimpFish
I got an HTC Desire, and I loooooooooove it! Very Happy Way better than iPhone and way cheaper too. Go buy one! Very Happy

BlueDeath
I have Nokia 3110 classic. S40 is too simple for me.. S60 is better.
chatrack
Hi,
I have recently bought 2700c nokia. Good in Audio and Display. Reasonable price.
and good battery backup time.
medesignz
The very latest blackberry Curve. I call her dolly
Jean-Clod
I have a Sony Ericsson W950i ..pretty old smartphone (2005 I think - way before the iPhone thing, and yeah, it already had touchscreen, and mass storage!), but I love it, it's better than many (not all, I look at you HTCs) of today's smartphones!
mshafiq
By the way, [it is little off from the topic] which company is giving best offers to
customers.
I heard there is at least one more company in Toronto that gives far better package than Bell/Tellus/Fido/Rogers.

I am thing to more to Toronto, so I am asking.

Thanks!
FunDa
medesignz wrote:
The very latest blackberry Curve. I call her dolly

Hehe ...

U call 'her' Dolly .. Laughing

I see that you are very attached to your phone ...
ProwerBot
ProwerBot wrote:
And I am getting the LG enV touch in June... can't waiiiit (:

And I have it now. Lovin it (:
nam_siddharth
I have Nokia N79.
Rajiev
Sagem ... somethig (veru old)
Sony Ericsson T610
Nokia 3650
Sony Ericsson K770i

Next will (most Probably ) be Nokia X6
LimpFish
I have an HTC Desire and I like it very much! Very Happy It's way better than the crappy iphones! Twisted Evil
mukesh
Nokia 2700 classic is perfect for me. Smile
FunDa
Who has the iPhone 4 ? Or any other phone with a so called retina display ?

It seems like the retina display's resolution is so awesome, that Chuck Norris will not be able to see the pixels ... Laughing
LimpFish
FunDa wrote:

It seems like the retina display's resolution is so awesome, that Chuck Norris will not be able to see the pixels ... Laughing

I think that the display is great probably, but I have read that the talk about the display having a higher resolution than the eye can see is just bullsh*t.. some professor made a statement about that i read.
Rajiev
LimpFish wrote:
FunDa wrote:

I think that the display is great probably, but I have read that the talk about the display having a higher resolution than the eye can see is just bullsh*t.. some professor made a statement about that i read.
hy

I was wondering about this :S Its Like the Bugatti Veron High speed car. Its of no use when there is features that is too much that we can see with our physical senses :p

What iPhone should have done is concentrate on the call quality instead of this too much display. And actual make a call with their phone before releasing it tot he market :p

afterall, a phone's primary purpose is to make calls, not to display pictures Very Happy
FunDa
Quote:
afterall, a phone's primary purpose is to make calls, not to display pictures

Hehee ...

My "phone" primary function is definitely not to make calls.

I find that I use it mostly as a watch, texting machine, followed by dictionary, torch, ebook reader, internet browser, gaming device, gps locator, camera, movie viewer, followed by making calls.

Well, taking calls does happen a bit more, but I mostly make calls from the landline... Razz
Rajiev
FunDa wrote:
Quote:
afterall, a phone's primary purpose is to make calls, not to display pictures

Hehee ...

My "phone" primary function is definitely not to make calls.

I find that I use it mostly as a watch, texting machine, followed by dictionary, torch, ebook reader, internet browser, gaming device, gps locator, camera, movie viewer, followed by making calls.

Well, taking calls does happen a bit more, but I mostly make calls from the landline... Razz

Ya true. But they say Most of the people dont use most of the functions of their phone Sad

And I used to call from my land line those days, But since the free packages were introduced in Lanka, I use the "call function" hell of a lot.

Earlier I used ot Play games in the phone to pass time. But now I call someone and bug them :p Its better to the phone keypad ( but bad for your brain Sad )
Ankhanu
The primary function of my phone (iPhone 4) is definitely NOT to make phone calls Razz I think that between my iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 in the past 15 months I've used maybe 400minutes of call time... over 200 of those minutes were with my ISP trying to resolve a problem.

I use my phone as a mobile internet platform, primarily (Web browsing, Youtube videos, SSH, email, etc), a game centre, a reference guide (various dictionaries, specialized glossaries, conversions, etc), and a music player, GPS unit... among other uses. I have no interest in making phone calls, but have great interest in having a pocket sized computer.

I upgraded to the iPhone 4 from the 3Gs when I changed carriers; I moved for work and my old carrier doesn't offer service anywhere near here. Since I'd be paying the cost of a phone with my contract anyway, I decided to upgrade (plus my iPod classic was stolen, I got a higher capacity phone and am using it rather than replacing the iPod). Using the 4 next to the 3Gs shows how much better the screen is on the 4; it's crystal clear, bright and has a great range of viewing angle... I really wasn't expecting much of an improvement between the two, but I was really surprised by the difference.
LimpFish
I tried my friends iphone4 the other day and I could actually see how it lost 1-2 bars of reception when holding it in certain ways. That is a serious design flaw!
ankur209
I'm having Motorola ZN200..Truely a classic phone.. Razz
2mp camera nice sound,sliding one,,,!!
ahnguye5
I have an LG Rumor2 right now. Thinking about gettin the HTC Desire from some carrier with a $60/month plan.

Aside from that, I think it's pretty cool how we're in the smartphone era now. This thread was started with a Moto Razr Cool Innovation is great, ten yeas ago smartphones were a topic of science fiction.
LimpFish
Yea I totally feel a lil Sci-Fi when I pull out my Desire sometimes, although I'm getting more and more used to it...
metalfreek
Just got myself a BlackBerry Bold 9000. Its great and i love it.
Rajiev
Got a Nokia X6 - 16GB navi Black B)

Got IT from UAE for 200$ cheaper than in my country (Lanka).
But Only used it for 1.5 weeks to find out that my mic is not working suddenly :'( Damn. Now I cant go back to USE to claim warranty. Now I have to pay for the repair and I'm worried to give it to a repair men cos don't know what he heck they'll do Sad

Great phone though. Have all the features I want. Especially GPS. I didn't had a phone with GPS before and was delighted to have one. Although this one comes with free OVI maps and voice navigation its totally useless in Sri Lanka. The maps sucks. But The free Google Maps rocks though. IT's sooo accurate that it shows my location nearly to one or two feet accuracy Surprised

The 5 MP camera didnt live up to my exceptions though Sad
mshafiq
HTC snap/maple is far better than LG GR500FD

I got a very good deal from Mobilicity.
It was for $129.99 + tax
which included
HTC snap (same what WIND say HTC maple) + 3 months of unlimited calling.

I loved that phone. It has WiFi + GPS + all other usual (blue tooth, camera etc) features.

However, I needed to move to Montreal and gave this phone to my friend as Mobilicity do not have network in Montreal yet.

Anyway I got LG GR500FD phone from my friend and after using HTC, I really do not like that phone.
ahnguye5
After discovering that Cellular South only covers the Mississippi area, the HTC Desire was out of the picture.

I chose to go with the T-Mobile G2 for the hardware keyboard, absence of carrier UI, and HSPA+ support. Loving the phone so far. Maybe I'm biased but it feels faster than my brother's EVO 4G in terms of navigating screens. I just don't like the idea of an extra layer of software on top of the OS. I didn't choose the Epic 4G for this reason and also because I didn't want to pay $10 a month for nonexistent 4G.
rjraaz
i have LG KG300 its really very good i am using it for last 4 years.
Rajiev
well?
The answers should include iPhone 4, Nokia N8, and Samsung Galaxy S (or it's variants)

But As all you guys would have noted, neither is perfect. Let alone perfect, neither is nearly complete.

iPhone 4

cost a little fortune. although its built quality is and the the features they offer is really good, it has some real draw backs. My deal breaker is NO FM radio Surprised. Why on earth that they can't include a Radio Sad.
only 5 mega-pixel camera. Have to jail brake to do some basic things. No video calling Sad WTF?

Samsung Galaxy S.

Do I need a lap top? no. Then Y is this so big ? No flash, poor camera ? Epic 4 G looked cool until that i noticed it is not GSM Sad

Nokia N8.

Arh, the coolest set of specs I have dreamt for so long. I was willing to spend my two months salaries in whole and starve to death for this. But wait, Nokia dont want people to buy it. So they make the phone a brick by introducing power failures Sad

SH********************t.

Is it only me or do others see this also? Phone companies DO NOT wanna make a complete phone ?
zosangzuala
I want to use google voice call out from mobile phone. I look at m.google.com and thought that symbian mobile phone can use google voice call out. So i bought it nokia n8. But i could not use. I will never buy symbian mobile phone. My next mobile phone will be android or iphone.
menino
*sniff* *sniff* I feel ancient when reading your posts. I still use a nokia 2626 model, which is small, compact, and no advanced functions like the blackberry and iphones.

Still... I love it. Smile
mshafiq
LG GR500FD is not too bad.
I just discovered that you can browse through folders and files
which I did not know before and thought it just shows photos/music etc. from SD card and there is no access to saved folders.
However file viewing formats are really small.
any I have different opinion now for LG GR500FD.
Before: BAD, Now: Not Bad and not good
cybersa
I like Android OS very much.
So i recently bought a HTC Desire.
Very nice phone.
I live this phone.
welshsteve
I currently have a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music touchscreen phone. Nice phone but I've had it nearly 2 years and I'm due an upgrade at the end of next month so am looking around. I need a phone with the following decent features:

* Calling and texting easy

* Decent push email from external provider - mine would be IMAP email from 1&1 Internet

* Good camera as I need to replace my digital camera so having an excellent camera in with the phone would be perfect

* Decent, easy to manage music player

My current favourite options are:

Nokia N8 - what a camera!!
Samsung Galaxy S
HTC Desire S
Possum
I have a Nokia 3710 Flip.
Its a great Texting phone. 1 click voice memos and a huge todo list capable.

Its small in the pocket.

In the future I will head to a Flip Android (they are there) and Android pad combination.

Having a flip works for me as my job is programming which I can only do at home behind 3 large screens..
welshsteve
With just 3 weeks until my upgrade I have decided to go with the new HTC Desire S. Seems to have everything I want. I've heard really bad things about the the new Symbian^3 operating system so am going to stay away from the Nokia N8. A shame as the hardware is superb on it.
medesignz
I have a blackberry curve. I switched from my 40 a month no get out contract to a 15 a month no commitment Pay As You Go. As Charlie Sheen would say...
tdossi
I have the Motorola V3 from the beginning and still sees no reason to exchange it for another. Rather, I have two more out on the shelf, just in case.
The only criticism is the fact that the displays are not anti-reflective coating. As I call it the SMS sending and occasional use can not be said that at least from my point of view of technical weakness.

To me it is important that it is as small and light, and that clearly does the battery last a while.
welshsteve
Now I want to look at the Samsung Galaxy S2. Best smart phone on the market in some people's eyes. But I am put off by the size so would like to hold it and see what it feels like.
FunDa
The Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 is very big - too big to fit comfortably in my hand.

But the X10 mini and pro mini look small enough and easy to handle.

Question is, whether to go fr the large screen because of the better video and photo viewing experience or go for the smaller one for easy of holding it Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rjraaz
FunDa wrote:
The Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 is very big - too big to fit comfortably in my hand.

But the X10 mini and pro mini look small enough and easy to handle.

Question is, whether to go fr the large screen because of the better video and photo viewing experience or go for the smaller one for easy of holding it Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Depends on the use and user, if you are using it for just communication small sized enough because just we want to handle it, but if you are usually watch movies or videos or photos then size matters.