FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Page Creator

Squeeky
What do people think of the google page creator?? I just signed up to try it out... it has a better sitebuilder than sites like geocities and tripod and has 100mb of space. It seems pretty good (not better than frihost though). Has anyone else tryed it?? What do you think?
SamiTheBerber
Squeeky wrote:
What do people think of the google page creator?? I just signed up to try it out... it has a better sitebuilder than sites like geocities and tripod and has 100mb of space. It seems pretty good (not better than frihost though). Has anyone else tryed it?? What do you think?

I tried it and sent feedback about code errors. It is good for beginners but not in professional use.

Google Pages has lots of templates, which is good think. Code is not valid because of some little errors, but it doesn't matter so much.

I suggest you make own template if you can, other wise use CMS or services like Google Pages.

http://www.googlepages.com

My Google Page
LukeakaDanish
Although I would prefer everybody to make their own pages with their own images and their own coding, I expect this will be quite big within not too long...google product tend to end up rather big...
g_unit90
http://dallas2810.googlepages.com/ this is my page
it's very bad
smalls
Googlepages is pretty cool for your very first attempt at page building. However, you can't really build an entire site easily because they don't allow any subdirectories.
Assiez
I tried it out for a bit a couple days ago. I guess it would be nice for beginners but their web builder was frustrating in the ways that it limited me. I like to work with code itself, not clicking little buttons. But thankfully it seems that I can program my own pages and just upload onto google.
littlegiant
No ads? Hmmmm... not bad. But of course Frihost blows it out of the water, eh? Cool
sprinqles
I kinda like it. I checked the google pages made by some of you guys and the design is bordering on minimalism. I was expecting layouts made through yahoo or lycos, in short those layouts with large fonts and animated gifs that are sooo outdated. I was kinda impressed but I would always recommend to learn HTML because there will come a point wherein you'll be tired of using these programs and make your layout or website from scratch. Smile