FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

where to next?

Kris1972
Hello al,
I currently work in the operational side of Search and rescue. I prvide communications support to vessels and airflights involved in Search and Rescue within 12.5 million square kilometers of ocean. It is a highly responsible job where peoples lives are at stake and are impacted by the decisions I make regarding the appropriate passing of factual and timely information durng a high stress event.

Now at 34 years old I am tired of the shift working environment and am wanting to change to IT. I have learned the basics of Web design and Flash media. I have begun Webmastering for my Martial Arts teacher and his website.
I have also begun to learn Java 5.0 in preparation for the SCJP exam but am finding it very boring and not interesting at all. I feel that gaining a tertiary degree to not be desirable considering mortgage and family etc.

I was wondering what type of jobs might be considered a good idea to build the expirence neede in todays market?
Kris1972
MY wife and I are contemplating moving to England in the next two years.
Does anyone have any idea of the need for Business analysts or Search and Rescue officers in the country?