FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi

What's better, Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
Coca-Cola
63%
 63%  [ 252 ]
Pepsi
37%
 37%  [ 148 ]
Total Votes : 400

william
Coca-Cola and Pepsi are major competitors. When I ask someone if the like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, their reply is "they taste the same." I diagree. I can easily tell them apart. I have a hard time deciding what's better since they're both good in their own way. Coca-Cola has it's own flavor when Pepsi is sweeter. That's probably why it has more calories. Well, what do you think? What's better in taste?
jeopardy98
I completely agree with you. I have been diabetic for 18 years now so I drink strictly diet soda. When I go into a restaurant I only have one choice. Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. That being said if they serve Diet Pepsi, I drink water. I cannot stand the tast of Diet Pepsi and just like you said it tastes too sweet. It's not as crisp as Diet Coke.
manumiglani
I prefer coke.
Gieter
I also prefer Coca-Cola, but the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi is remarkable. Maybe the people who don't taste the difference have drunk so much Coca-Cola that their taste buds are gone because of the pH-value of coke.
KHO
Coca-cola is so much better, Pepsi tastes flat to me Neutral don't know why, but it does Neutral.

Besides, they both just rip eachothers products off like hell anyway Neutral. So they are pretty much the same thing besides that pepsi tastes like crap Neutral.
rafifaisal
I personally like coca cola.
The cherry flavour that pepsi released was discusting
Srs2388
I prefer pepsi...
its is one of my favorite drinks
coca-cola (to me)
isn't very good
Josso
A good debate. I can also tell the difference. I'm not sure it's quite a hard decision but I may have to go for coke because it's 2p cheaper over here right now.
g_unit90
I think Cola Turka

Blaster
They both are good. I would have to say i would vote for coca-cola though. It is more thirst quenching. Pepsi seems like it gets colder though. It is so hard to decide.
jaysen
Coke all the way... the only downside is it tends to go flat quicker than Pepsi does
Animal
Full-Fat Pepsi

Diet Coke.
Blaster
Diet pepsi is better them diet coke.
Soulfire
Coca-Cola is ALL nasty. Yuck. I can't even drink it, it tastes like liquid metal (not that I would know exactly how that tastes, but still).

Pepsi all the way. I really like Diet Pepsi. The only Coke I can tolerate would be Diet Coke... even then it's still not good.

You should make this a poll!
{name here}
I prefer Coca Cola, but I prefer the European version. The american version tastes horrible, so I stick with Pepsi until I vacation.
william
I'm actually quite surprised. I expected people to chose Pepsi over Coke. Most people I ask either quickly say Pepsi or thinks for a short time and says Pepsi. I like both of them but which one I drink depends on my mood.
Hobbit
I like coca cola way better. I used to like Pepsi a lot, but it's just too sweet. And one time I went to the movies and they it was super sweet so since that day I don't drink it as much.
eday2010
I LOVE Coke. I used to be a Pepsi person, but once I moved back to Montreal, I found that the Pepsi there tasted funny. In fact it tastes funny in Eastern Ontario too. I have had others try it and they too said it tasted funny. Since then, I have bee drinking Coke and I hven't looked back. I drink Pepsi too, But not as often. Nothing beats a tall glass of Coke on lots of ice. Except more Coke on lots of ice Very Happy
Jack_Hammer
Coka Cola are murderers so I would go with Pepsi.
essentialmedia
Coke is it baby.....

Pepsi tastes like cough syrup.
{name here}
essentialmedia wrote:
Coke is it baby.....

Pepsi tastes like cough syrup.

I find root beer to taste more like that...
Vrythramax
I'm a dyed in the wool coca-colaholic. Pepsi is just to sweet for my taste, but if you like Pepsi that's cool too...it just leaves that much more coke for me Cool
Epsilon
rafifaisal wrote:

Yeah... *shudder*

Coke by far.
Blaster
Both are soda so i don't see why you are argueing Razz

I am a root beer kinda guy so i really don't care. Soda is soda unless it is diet.
gh0stface
I'm not a huge pop drinker, however I always perferred Pepsi over coke. Unless it's Diet Coke and Rum. Wink

The Diet Coke tends to make the alcoholic drink even tastier.

Coke, to me, seems a lot more sweeter then Pepsi.
Nameless
I can't tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi *shrug*. I can tell the difference between Diet Coke/Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max, in which case I prefer Diet Coke/Coke Zero.
Jeslyn
I prefer Pepsi. There seems to be a bigger "kick" - more carbonated, if that's possible.
bjwok
anybody who drinks either of these two drinks (or their equivalents) more than once every 4 or so days, should seriously consider what it is doing to their health. how one can drink that amount of sugar in one hit (and then call it refreshing) is absolute madness!

a can of coke contains about 15 teaspoons of sugar. try eating that amount on its own, do it 3 times a day and watch how quickly your health deteriorates!

i personally gave up all soft drinks about 8 years ago and don't miss that sickly sweet umness one bit. i go for water when i want refreshing.

additional: ok, so i do enjoy the odd bourbon and coke, so i guess i will shut up!
bjwok
found this interesting link for those who want to do a bit more research...

http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp/sugar012304.cfm
cnnet
I don't like them
they taste bad
I'd like to drink juice
shwetanshu
i prefer juices more but if i had to choose between coke and pepsi.... coke wins Wink
afireinside
Coca-Cola wins hands down.

Coke has a much better flavour, where as Pepsi is an Artifical Copy of Coke.

Though, Pepsi is cheaper around here.
Strathmer
Coke is much better Very Happy And yes i can tell them apart to, pepsi is a lot sweeter than cokes is though. But i think pepsi vanillas better than coke vanilla.
alltalk
I like Coca-Cola more than Pepsi
The smell of Pepsi is worse than Coca-Cola
But I seldom drink them, I prefer drinking the cream soda more than Coca-Cola and Pepsi
Jayfarer
Pepsi. It's just Coke, but sweeter. I try and drink neither though. Big fan of the water.
windval
i prefer pepsi

coca cola is too sweet

many years ago

a scientist did a experiement

when some people know what they a drinking

they prefer coca cola

but if they do not know

they prefer pepsi~
Scorpio
I swear by pure water and also coconut water. Along with fresh fruit juices.

Not the acid, organ-burning soft drinks.

Pepsi and Coca Cola are equally terrible.

May be one of them is the lesser devil of the two, thats the only consolation.
pckid2
shwetanshu wrote:
i prefer juices more but if i had to choose between coke and pepsi.... coke wins Wink

I COMPLETELY agree (nearly), if I was talking about juices my favouite would be red Grape juice.

If I had to choose my favourite would be pepsi max though.
goutha
Drink water guys... It's better for your health.
Gieter
goutha wrote:

Well, I shouldn't say that. Tap water contains the hormone estrogen, and this because of the anti-conception pill of woman. That hormone can't be filtered, so it stays in the tap water.

When a man drinks tap water, he will also drink a small amount of estrogen. Tap water can increase the chance on infertility!
Team Hedgehog
g_unit90 wrote:
I think Cola Turka

Ahh, that cola taste, i love it! you are from turkey you too right? Razz
i think cola has better taste, it gives me the great feeling of drink when i hae eaten my meal. Ah that cowboy-dude, yeah hes funny, i remember when he came on tv at the turkish channels Smile
Pepsi is good too, but i think cola is better , since its better taste than pepsi, i'll go for cola! Very Happy
gh0stface
Gieter wrote:
goutha wrote:

Well, I shouldn't say that. Tap water contains the hormone estrogen, and this because of the anti-conception pill of woman. That hormone can't be filtered, so it stays in the tap water.

When a man drinks tap water, he will also drink a small amount of estrogen. Tap water can increase the chance on infertility!

Can you quote your exact source? That's really interesting and something I haven't heard of.

About drinking juices, it's marginally better the pop but not by much. Just like pop contains sugar, juices contain quite a bit too.
coolpages
Id choose coke...it jst tastes better
dont know why
Vrythramax
goutha wrote:

Most of Coca-Cola is water...so in fact I am drinking water (sound reasoning from my coke loving viewpoint). Wink
Blaster
Then it is flavord water!!! With my favorite sugar. They are both good. Depends on if you are on a car ride or you are just sitting at home and eating dinner or such. Pepsi has more sugar so it makes you go to the bathroom more. So it isn't good for long car rides.
Jack_Hammer
Is it just me or does no-one seem to care that Coka Cola hires death squads?
Confused
Blaster
What do you mean by death swuads? COKA - COLA is ten times better then pepsi.
Vrythramax
Blaster wrote:
What do you mean by death swuads? COKA - COLA is ten times better then pepsi.

I think perhaps he/she/they may have talking about something else unrelated to soft drinks....I'm not sure so don't quote me. Neutral
Scorpio
Gieter wrote:
goutha wrote:

If you had to choose between water(causing infertility) and coca-cola(or pepsi) it is better to choose water. You would end up infertile alone.

Drinking these soft drinks you'd probably end up without the reproductive organ.

They should devise new methods of safely disposing coca cola and pepsi (very much like disposing toxic waste)
thiamshui
i can't realli tell them apart although i have never drank them side by side before.. i guess i prefer coke, maybe perhaps due to the brand name.. Very Happy

it doesn't matter anyway, both goes down n comes out.. Laughing
Kur0
I dont drink Coke or Pepsi very often but when i do there is one one choise, Pepsi Max, Coke is so sugary i think it tastes almost viscous >.<
KayosGraphix
I agree with ^, i'd choose pepsi if i wanted to drink it
Djim
Why not.... mezza cola Laughing
More seriously I think it's a big society problem for all the humans... choice beetwen coca cola and pepsi. For my part I prefer coca cola. Why? I don't know, maybe for the great ronald or not (I have never see a more frightening clown? )
Gieter
scorpio wrote:
Gieter wrote:
goutha wrote:

If you had to choose between water(causing infertility) and coca-cola(or pepsi) it is better to choose water. You would end up infertile alone.

Drinking these soft drinks you'd probably end up without the reproductive organ.

They should devise new methods of safely disposing coca cola and pepsi (very much like disposing toxic waste)

How does Coca-Cola destroys your reproductive organs?
junodark
Coke. Pepsi is... pepsi. It just doesnt stack up.

That said, Frozen Run is better than either Coke or Pepsi. Or anything else for that matter.
william
Man, these results are not what I had expected. It seems that many people here don't like soda to begin with. The people that I've asked love soda and some are very strong about one or the other.
markvl
ohw yeah thats a though battle.
no one wins, no one lose actually
bot got a monopoly position there !
but somethimes i like pepsi better..got more taste
coca cola is good too somethimes ...got better burps...Wink
ah well nevertheless they r 2 grand champs Arrow Rolling Eyes Laughing
TeenZine
jeopardy98 wrote:
I completely agree with you. I have been diabetic for 18 years now so I drink strictly diet soda. When I go into a restaurant I only have one choice. Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. That being said if they serve Diet Pepsi, I drink water. I cannot stand the tast of Diet Pepsi and just like you said it tastes too sweet. It's not as crisp as Diet Coke.

your so right with the diet but im my oppinion regular pepsie is better then regular coke. Have a nice day Very Happy
windrei
i can taste the difference too, but i think it's too similar.

Actually i prefer coke light, no matter coca-cola or pepsi.
Blaster
Coke seems more thirst quenching. Pepsi is more of those drink drink drink type of soda. Coke is like sip....sip.....sip type of thing.
tkcy
I'm not a fan of cola. To me its like drinking acid. Hehe. I prefer beer! Haha. But i really have to choose, i would say its Pepsi! Cheers! Smile
oneightwo
definately coke. simply because, as most people seem to agree, pepsi tastes too sweet.
william
Blaster wrote:
Coke seems more thirst quenching. Pepsi is more of those drink drink drink type of soda. Coke is like sip....sip.....sip type of thing.

Why do you say that?
GARY6943
I like the cartoon by Gary Larson? it's the one about the pepsi factory worker who's been called into the managers office and is being fired for testing positive for Coke.
jabapyth
I dont drink either--they both taste ~not bad, but not very good either
And they have way too much caffine
william
I, personally, love soda. What surprises me is that a lot of people don't like soda. What's wrong with soda? (Other than the nutrition.)
talz
coke. pepsi is fowl.
fotanez
I agree. Pepsi is much sweeter. It depends on the person on their personal favorites. The harder, bitter taste is Coca-Cola. It tastes better than Pepsi, which tastes like candy. Give me some coke!
Greeny
You can easily tell coca cola from Pepsi.

They was a study a couple years back about this two, and the test both company drinks and find out that most poeple like Pepsi more then Coca cola, just becuase of the taste.

As where as people see Coca Cola a bigger company and will buy their drink more then Pepsi.

Coca Cola was drink 1 & Pepsi was drink 2, and was asked to say which one of the the two they liked more, forgot to add that they didn't tell the people what they was drinking. and most people choosed drink 2, and where told at the end what drink was what.
bulek
I prefer pepsi because it is cheaper and also better than coca-cola, but I can't neglect that coke from glass bottle is much more tasty than one in plastic bottle.
FlyingBurrito4
I like Coke itself over Pepsi, but if I'm choosing a product I'm going with Pepsi because they have Mountain Dew. I might stick with Coke if Mellow Yellow was still popular, and restaurants and stuff had it.
dragonflame
This should have a poll. It would be nice to know.

Anyway, Im sticking with coke bec I like the taste a bit better, and I like their ads more. Pepsi keeps making ads that are against coke, and coke just ignores them. Seems like very runner up behavior to me.
heady233
william wrote:
Coca-Cola and Pepsi are major competitors. When I ask someone if the like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, their reply is "they taste the same." I diagree. I can easily tell them apart. I have a hard time deciding what's better since they're both good in their own way. Coca-Cola has it's own flavor when Pepsi is sweeter. That's probably why it has more calories. Wel,, what do you think? What's better in taste?

I like Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi because I have Coca-Cola almost every week because my next-door neighbor's father is a sales manager.
Assiez
Greeny wrote:
They was a study a couple years back about this two, and the test both company drinks and find out that most poeple like Pepsi more then Coca cola, just becuase of the taste.

Actually it turns out that there's more to this study. I ready about this in Blink by Malcom Gladwell, interesting book.

Anyways this study turned out to be flawed only because pepsi is sweeter than coke. The study had people take a small sip of both colas and then decide which they perfered. When people only have a small amount of something, they usually go for the sweeter one, hence Pepsi's victory.

Coke was horrified by the results of this study and changed their entire coke formula, creating the ill fated "new coke". The took eveything the study showed and changed their creation according to it, in short they made coke taste more like pepsi. But due to the public outcry, the company reverted back to the orginal forumla, hence you buy "classic coke" now.

It seems that the reason for this is that when you have an entire bottle of something, people's perferences change. While pepsi was orginally perfered due to its sweetness, it gets cloying after a bottle.

Cliff notes:
1) I like coke better
2) That study is flawed
william
I just made a poll. So now you can vote and we can compare!
FoXhounD
I really like Pepsi, but on the other side Coke is better to something..

After some sport i like Pepsi, but at night when i'm relaxing i prefer a ice cold coke (:
Assiez
FoXhounD wrote:
After some sport i like Pepsi, but at night when i'm relaxing i prefer a ice cold coke (:

Wow I can't drink either after playing sports. I find them "sticky" then. After sports I usually drink gatorade or water.
FoXhounD
Assiez wrote:
FoXhounD wrote:

Wow I can't drink either after playing sports. I find them "sticky" then. After sports I usually drink gatorade or water.

Hehe Very Happy..

I sometimes drink water after sports to, but i better like a cold pepsi.. I can drink a lot of it Very Happy
Rick_T
First: I can easily tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. As everyone has stated, Pepsi is sweeter and too sweet for my taste (I love Coke). I think the reason why most people prefer Coke is because it quenches your thirst, sweet carbinated drinks do not.

Second: I only got through the first page of replies before started to post this one, so I appologise if someone already noted this. I am surprised that there are a lot of opinions for and against Coke or Pepsi and people stating thier preference, but yet only 4 people voted (all Coke lovers).

~Rick
heady233
Rick_T wrote:
First: I can easily tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. As everyone has stated, Pepsi is sweeter and too sweet for my taste (I love Coke). I think the reason why most people prefer Coke is because it quenches your thirst, sweet carbinated drinks do not.

Second: I only got through the first page of replies before started to post this one, so I appologise if someone already noted this. I am surprised that there are a lot of opinions for and against Coke or Pepsi and people stating thier preference, but yet only 4 people voted (all Coke lovers).

~Rick

It's now 5. (I voted too.)
greekcovers
I prefer coca-cola, it's the best for me ! Laughing
yomasta3
Well, I dont really drink soda that much so it wouldnt be fair for me to decide. But my friend is here and he says Co-Co-Cola (haha).
william
Wow, this is amazing. Coke is winning in a landslide. I'd also like to know what age has to do with this. It seems younger people like Pepsi and older people like Coca-Cola. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like when I asked some people a couple months ago.
OnlyOneLife
Coca Cola has this weird taste to it. It's like a sticky feeling in your mouth. I don't like that feeling too much.
Richard92
in france we prefer Coca but for me Pepsi is better
aerialdreams
I really don't like either one... SPRITE is way better! No caffine! but if I have to choose, it'd be coke! Razz
william
It seems like that if we go by the drink, Coca-Cola wins. But, if we go by the company, Pepsi wins. (Probably because of Mountain Dew.)
TurkishGamer
How about Cola Turka?
Rolling Eyes

I would say I like Coke the best. No difference in taste but I think Coke is better advertised.

Cola Turka is just a product made by a turkish company and which is out in only Turkey and maybe in Germany (I think). It has the same taste of Coke but with a little less acidity in it.
william
TurkishGamer wrote:
How about Cola Turka?
Rolling Eyes

I would say I like Coke the best. No difference in taste but I think Coke is better advertised

I've never had Cola Turka. Can you explain the taste and maybe conpare it with Coca-Cola and Pepsi>
dz9c
haha pepsi got pwned lol Laughing
kam311
I prefer Pepsi, as it is sweeter, though i really don't drink either. The only soda I really drink is Mountain Dew (made by Pepsi), and beyond that it's mostly water. Gotta have my caffeine!
dz9c
jones soda, anyone? jones is the best company ever when it comes to beverages. and if u dont like the high in sugar sodas, they got sugar free sodas and jones naturals!
william
dz9c wrote:
jones soda, anyone? jones is the best company ever when it comes to beverages. and if u dont like the high in sugar sodas, they got sugar free sodas and jones naturals!

I've never had it. (Or heard of it.) Where do they sell it?
dz9c
u can find it at grocery stores like stop and shop or shaws etc. check out the site... http://www.jonessoda.com
TonkPilz
ofc im gona vote fore cola i owe my glas teeth to that company
william
Do you think gender matters. To me, it seems age matters but I think gender may matter.
amusic
I prefer Pepsi also. Although both Coke and Pepsi taste almost the same, Pepsi has something more than Coke but I don't know how to say what is the extra thing.
william
Probably sugar.
rsheehan
Coke definately p0wns. It has a better taste. Pepsi was the response to coke.
william
rsheehan wrote:
Coke definately p0wns. It has a better taste. Pepsi was the response to coke.

What do you mean the response to coke?
otaku
I like both.
But I love coke.

Has anyone ever tried mixing Coke and Pepsi togethor?
It's actually better than both coke and pepsi.
Becuase it doesn't taste flat like pepsi.
And it's not too sweet either.
It's really a unique flavor. You should try it sometime. Epecially at the fountains at gas stations.

BTW, Jones Soda ROCKS!!! Very Happy
[FuN]goku
diet pepsi ftw w00
william
otaku wrote:
I like both.
But I love coke.

Has anyone ever tried mixing Coke and Pepsi togethor?
It's actually better than both coke and pepsi.
Becuase it doesn't taste flat like pepsi.
And it's not too sweet either.
It's really a unique flavor. You should try it sometime. Epecially at the fountains at gas stations.

BTW, Jones Soda ROCKS!!! Very Happy

Yeah, I've tried it. It's AWESOME.
worldsport-i
william wrote:
Coca-Cola and Pepsi are major competitors. When I ask someone if the like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, their reply is "they taste the same." I diagree. I can easily tell them apart. I have a hard time deciding what's better since they're both good in their own way. Coca-Cola has it's own flavor when Pepsi is sweeter. That's probably why it has more calories. Well, what do you think? What's better in taste?

Coca-cola is much better. Razz
mae1strom
Dont really drink soft drinks, but if I had to, would have to say Coca-Cola
ladyrobina
I like both Coca-Cola and Pepsi, but if I had to make a choice it would be Pepsi. The diet versions are getting better all the time and I drink diet in preference to plain.
dz9c
Diet is crap, tastes really bad, like water. No taste. But I shoudlnt be talking, I drink it too lol but yea its not a bad alternative to get away from the bad stuff
Insanity
Coca-cola I agree has its own sort of unique taste to all the other colas out there and it definately beats out Pepsi. But then again, I'm not that fond of soft drinks as I used to be, trying to cut low on them sugar water drinks nowadays.
sistahgeek
PEPSI! PEPSI! PEPSI! Laughing

I think my mom put Pepsi in my bottle when I was a baby. Anyhoo, my ENTIRE family on my mom's side are Pepsi drinkers. For plain cola I prefer Pepsi, but I will drink Coke with no hesitation. And, I prefer Cherry Coke to Wild Cherry Pepsi.

I'd probably be a LOT healthier if I quit drinking them both.
Berlo
Coca Cola is much better the Pepsi. Pespi has an odd taste.
CijaBabaBombuNosi
Coca-cola is the best drink but only where there is no Pepsi! Pepsi is the best!!!!!!!! I love it more than Coca-cola!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Laughing
The_Gamer294
whenever i drink coke i can feel the sugar on my teeth. its gross. therefore i drink pepsi. coke and pepsi are very different but diet coke is almost identical to pepsi
Traveller
Of course, there was always "Jolt" cola, whose slogan was "All the sugar, twice the caffeine"!

Stepping away from colas for a moment, something else I would highly recommend (if you can find it) is "Manhattan Special." It may sound weird: espresso soda, but it is absolutely delicious! "Jupiña" pineapple soda is also wonderful, and now that I'm in Honduras, I like the local brand, "Tropical" for their banana soda and, when I can find it, their passionfruit ("maracuyá" in Spanish) soda.
dz9c
Berlo wrote:
Coca Cola is much better the Pepsi. Pespi has an odd taste.

Exactly, couldnt make it any simpler than that. One of these wierd kids I know has a soda belly and yea hes fat from soda, sad.
Blaster
I really think that they both tast the same. Both are soda / pop. They have pretty much the same tast.
Innercynic
my family is to poor to afford luxurys such as coke and pepsi, perhaps a few of you can describe the two different flavors and ill make my decision based on that. thanks
a.Bird
Innercynic wrote:
my family is to poor to afford luxurys such as coke and pepsi, perhaps a few of you can describe the two different flavors and ill make my decision based on that. thanks

they both taste like american culture at its finest level of obedience.
Dragonfly
Coke fares better for me as well. It's not just coke and pepsi but Aquafina - the mineral water of Pepsi and Kinley - the mineral water from Coca-cola, they taste very differently. And Coke is always my choice.
izimngcubes15
Coca Cola, it got better taste than Pepsi, Pepsi is so plain, I don't know why, but it doesn't taste good to me. ...
tmaneri
Well, since was about 6, Coke has been my favorite soda, and probably still is. Recently I have started playing more sports and intermurals with friends so I've been trying to stay off the soda and focus more on water and milk!
Omega_Squid
Very Happy coke all the way! My uncle works as a corporate Manager of Coke's relations with wal-mart, McDonalds, etc. Its awesome becuase we get to try new coke products that haven't been distributed yet because they're just samples to see if you like them. About 2 months before C2 came out, i tryed it, i have recently had something called coca-cola blak......which is like a coke coffee, not too bad! I have also tried Sprite 2, and its similar to vault, except it has guanine in it so that you dont get as hyped up! Laughing
selim06
i want to say both of them are unhealthy but i can't leave from the coke..And i want to Pepsi...
william
Omega_Squid wrote:
Very Happy coke all the way! My uncle works as a corporate Manager of Coke's relations with wal-mart, McDonalds, etc. Its awesome becuase we get to try new coke products that haven't been distributed yet because they're just samples to see if you like them. About 2 months before C2 came out, i tryed it, i have recently had something called coca-cola blak......which is like a coke coffee, not too bad! I have also tried Sprite 2, and its similar to vault, except it has guanine in it so that you dont get as hyped up! Laughing

You are SO lucky.
HDirtwater
I'm surprised that this is so lopsided towards Coke. I prefer Pepsi personally, but don't care which I get if I go out to eat. I like the sweeter taste of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi beats the @#$! out of Diet Coke any day.

Oh, and Pepsi's commercials are better.... Wink
william
Coca-Cola doesn't have as many commercials as Pepsi. Very Happy If they do, I haven't seen 'em. I've been to other coutries where they have a lot of Pepsi commercials, but everyone is drinking Coca-Cola. Very Happy
shravan
Cokes better. Hyas more fizz. Thats because they've borrowed thumbs-ups' formula. Pepsis, just too sweat, and for people who love sweetness in their cola1
Alienz
Coca-Cola is better. Most of the fast-food restaurant provide cokes Wink
Master-
Coke here. Pepsi tastes like..... ye.. just bad.
sour_lemon_1k
neither.

they both suck.
copilot
I don't really like the flavor of either of them, but I would say that Coca-Cola tastes better than Pepsi. I drink both at my job because that is all my employer supplies, but I would much rather drink Coca-Cola 's new Vault or Sprite. Sprite is my favorite soda.
THELAW
as far as coke vs. pepsi themselfs i gotta say coke. although the other products pepsi makes are awesome (mountain dew) coke is better than pepsi itself. well in my opinion.
chargoyle
I actually am not too crazy about either of them...I'm not really a cola person. But If I HAD to chose, I would pick Pepsi because the makers of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew get my vote over the makers of, uh, Sprite.
hack_man_
I prefer Coca-Cola. Pepsi is too sugary and tastes vile out here because it comes from their filthy factories here in the UAE.

Another reason I prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi is because I was admitted to hospital after I bought a can, tore off the ring pull, took a drink and got my tongue sliced open (only a little bit but enough to cause quite a bit of damage) when a mangled ringpull came out of the hole. Why was there a load of mangled ringpulls in my drink?!?!?!?!?!
nurga
Agree, Juice is better. But if I had to coose, then I'd choose Coke. ;)
kung_fu_stu
As of last Christmas I stopped drinking pop altogether, but before then I drank quite a bit. I found Coca-cola to be a lot more carbonated than pepsi and that was really the only difference. I simply had no preference and just enjoyed both whenever I chose to. Why fight over which is better; it's just a brand.
rajhank
I like COKE.

And , every other variant of the Coca-Cola Company but I don't like Pepsi, only Mountain Dew from the Pepsi side.
speedlikecy
i like coca cola...

but i like the persi video clip
xboxobie
I've always been a coke drinker.

And While I dont consume nearly as much alcohol as I would like to, I drink plenty of Coke, And Vanilla Coke.

Not keen on the Lime crap though
mtoni
I prefer to drink Coca Cola....
Pepsi is nice too, but is different in taste
I have to drink the light versions, and its easy to tell when coca cola is light or not, and I can't do that with Pepsi.
TeK
I'm not really a fan of either, but if I had to choose I would pick Coke. It just taste better in my oppinion.
rallyeni
coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke every time tastes totally different
william
I NEVER expected Coca-Cola to beat Pepsi like this. I actually expected Pepsi to win. Wonder why everyone I ask likes Pepsi better. Probably because of Mountain Dew.
cbf-cma
I prefer to drink coke but not anymore now that they have been known to support assasinations of union leaders in Colombia and even helped cause a drought in some town in India that boosted their sales. You can learn more about it at http://www.killercoke.org

Also, I remember visiting the Philippines and seeing coke products and ads that littered even remote places. I have a couple pics of people with houses made out of coke signs. I say death to coke. I try not to drink pepsi as well because Britney Spears is white trash.

Im not always negative.
skygaia
When I studied English at ESL School.
One of my research was a market share of cola.
Before that time, I thought Coca-cola was more popular than Pepsi in western country.
Because Coca-cola represented cola in my country.

Amagingly, the result of survery was that people like pepsi more than coca-cola.

I knew brand value of Coca-cola is very high. But real market was devided half and half by coca and pepsi.
Soulfire
I can only tolerate Diet Coke. Tolerate being the key word. Regular Coka tastes like metal to me, diet is okay, but I'm a Pepsi man. Doesn't help that my dad works for Pepsi Laughing
william
Metal? Never heard anyone say that. Oh, personally, I HATE diet soft drinks. No sugar. What's the point of drinking soda when there's no sugar? Though, I should also admit, if there was no regular soda, I'd drink diet.
fernando5k
jajajaa... I love Coca Cola, why? it's easy... First I buy it... then i put some ice cubes in any Glass.... Finaly put Coca Cola in the glass and i drink.

Coca Cola... only has a taste good when you drink it with a lot of ice cubes.
insolent1
I prefer Coca Cola.

Cola Turka is also nice. It gives different pleasure.

I dont drink pepsi.
Traveller
Soulfire wrote:
Regular Coka tastes like metal to me, diet is okay, but I'm a Pepsi man.

I've had Coke, Pepsi, and other sodas that tasted like metal, but only when it was from a can, and evidently was not as fresh as it could have been. For bottled or draught, I've never encountered the metallic taste.

One Pepsi that I had (I'm a Coke man, but am not completely averse to an occasional Pepsi, if necessary) tasted like tar, and my worst enounter was an Arizona Iced Tea that actually had some kind of tar-like substance in it and tasted horrible. I haven't even tried an Arizona Iced Tea since then. Even though I used to like it, I just haven't gotten over the look and taste of that sludge. Sad
reggro
insolent1 wrote:

Cola Turka is also nice. .

yeahh cola turca.. it is best in turkiye i think.. very very nice coke...

Dimaod
Omega_Squid wrote:

GG

Nice questions? Whats the difference between them? I think the taste is the same< by the way....
I am living in Ukraine, and people here are drinking coke....
Blaster
Its nice to switch up now and then too. I go with what the resterant has. But it is weird how they ask.
e-goods
I prefer Coca-Cola, Pepsi is too sweet
Duncan Idaho
Im not big on eather, but Id have to go with Pepsi
h5n1clan
You should have a neither option for those of us who dont drink pop. It is terrible for your health and all that, but anyways the reason i posted my family seems to like pepsi better because they say that coke is too "harsh" which makes no sense to me, but whatever.
omeration
neither

juice!
dotnet
Both are toxic substance! I know that drivers who deliver coca's(or pepsi's) concentrate to factory use the same concentrate to... clean engine from snuff and old oil! Hic... Confused
elyo-luk
very good debate Razz

I like coca-cola because coca-cola have fanta, aquarius ect...

and is really taste Twisted Evil

what is cola turka ??

In spain we have carrefour cola, hacendado cola, supersol cola, el corte ingles cola, dia cola and more Very Happy
william
Well, as a company, I may have different opinions between the two.
benwhite
They're not toxic, they're corrosive. The phosphoric acid dissovles grease on an engine and your teeth, but neither sodas are toxic to your body in an appreciable way. Once in your stomach, the acid isn't really a big deal, since the HCl in there is stronger than the H3PO4 in coke or pepsi. So, bad for teeth, but not toxic. The sugar is also bad in large amounts...but hey, I drink diet. I can't drink the regular stuff anymore.

Pepsi does make Mt. Dew though, which is a fantastic beverage.
ChaosMike
I don't usually drink sodas anymore, but I must take Pepsi hands down. Coke , i think, has just too much sugar for me. I don't like too much sweet for some reason.
noliver
When I am in the USA I drink Pepsi because its not as sweet as Coke - but when I am in Europe/Africa I prefer Coke, because then its not as sweet as Pepsi - so I guess it depends on where in the world you are.

But then again, people's taste buds seem to differ because some will always find Coke to be sweeter than Pepsi. Smile
Jack_Hammer
Drink council pop!, Water.
Wink
Scorpio
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Drink council pop!, Water.
Wink

Water is the best. and it rules and rocks too
william
I think someone already said this, but soda is mainly water. Very Happy

Though, I do like water.
hlavco
I like Pepsi better than Coke, but they're both good. And for some reason they both taste better out of a can than a bottle.

But my real favorite is RC Cola.
statusfashions
they both are harmful for health
they destroy the calcium present in the body.
its good if you drink once in a while but an addiction is a strict no from me.
Regarding taste I never liked the taste of pepsi. its too sweet.
I even dont prefer Coke.
There is a company THums Up ( now a part of coca cola ) in india.
i prefer drinking thumbs up...
its strong and solves the purpose of thirst and taste.
bye the way do youy know that the most lucrative business is of this company.. the amount of money spent by these two companies on advertisements when combined are more than the economy of several countries..
and the consumer has to pay price for this..
say if the actual manufacturing price of this drinks are 0.50 paise they charge you Rs 10 for that this is the maregin they charge for advertising.
though in india after the insecticide incedent these companiues are endrosing huge losses and their target .. the youth of India have strictly boycotted this drinks...
drink juice instead.
Hogwarts
Coke all the way. I always thought pepsi tasted strange after a cruel joke involving somebody thinking that pepsi was made from.. Dogs natural territorial marker. (The person next door to me had a dog called Pepsi. Who names their dog Pepsi!?)
wapkralj
I prefer Coca Cola.When i was child i didn't know difference between them.I thought that coke is same as pepsi Laughing .But now i am going to stop drink coke and drink some healthy juices Smile
meet in rio
Just for the feel of it... the pure appeal of it...

And all that.

I prefer Diet Coke... specifically "with Lime".

I hate drinks with proper sugar in them for the following reasons:

- They rot your teeth.
- They attract wasps and all manner of nasty flying bugs.
- They're horrible and sticky when you spill them.
- They're fattening.
- They don't taste as nice to me.

I used to work in a fast food place. The drinks were 'mixed' on site and so for the fizzy drink dispenser there was a water pipleline, a soda line and syrup lines. Various coca cola drink syrups were connected to the various syrup lines and they would occasionally have to be replaced. The 'full sugar' syrup boxes were ridiculously heavy and the 'diet' drink boxes were about half the weight. You have no idea how much sugar is in those drinks.
Nithanth
I prefer neither of them !
I prefer no soda drinks !
Well, if I HAVE TO choose one, I'd go for Coca cola Laughing
Otherwise, I'd go for pure water Very Happy
killerdevil
Pepsi is good than coca-cola but this is best Laughing

[/url]
Traveller
Of course, there's always CALPIS, from Japan. It is an unusual (but actually pretty good) beverage made with powdered milk. Because of the milk and the Japanese penchant for strange, English-based names...well...I'll leave the rest up to you.
smokey4life
I don'tdont know really i like them both, but i used to prefer coke oPepsiPepsiols I'm sorry but i don't want to drink something that's that acidic. Pepsi seems to taste like sugar water these days but truthimlly i would rather drink Pepsi then coke. that' think ill stick with my tea, and juice it's better for the body.
solarwind
Carbonated drinks increase your chances of getting certain types of throat cancers. I read it in a science magazine. Besides, Pepsi is too sweet and rots your teeth even more than Coke does. I hate them both:!:
aRGeeLa
Coca cola is da Best Wink
tokar86a
I sey Coca-Cola. is best.
FriBogdan
Hm...i like Pepsi. I like it because it has many different taste's. And the advertising is more inventive Very Happy.
pixel13
I prefer coca cola
Traveller
solarwind wrote:
Carbonated drinks increase your chances of getting certain types of throat cancers. I read it in a science magazine.

post hoc ergo propter hoc:
http://patient.cancerconsultants.com/esophageal_cancer_news.aspx?id=36287
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/116/112379?src=RSS_PUBLIC
quartnee
I'll admit I'm biased on this one. I grew up in Atlanta, which is where Coca-Cola's main headquarters is based. I mean, we even have a Coca-Cola factory, which is a cool alternative to an Art Museum. It's basically a museum of soda. So cool! They have this one area where you can taste Coca-Cola from around the world and see how it compares from different countries. I liked most of them, but some of them tasted like carbonated water with high amouts of baking soda Confused . But anyway, I chose Coca-Cola, because to me Pespi is too sugary. My friend left her can sitting on the counter for about and hour or two an when we came back most of it had evaporated and all that was left was this weird sugary content. Nasty!
screamingdecay
william wrote:

Agreed,

Coke has a bit more non sweet taste, when you tase Pepsi it taste a bit sweeter and differnt. One has a plainish taste and the other does not.

That contest were they covered both cans and had people guss which one was pepis was a shame I think.
yaMaKaSi
pepsi is okay cocacola out:)

and cola turka nice coke:)SmileSmile
Providence
I prefer Pepsi. I guess, it's because i'm more use to it. It just looks more appealing on a self to me. You can tell the difference in the taste between the two, as others have said. But some just say it's all in the head, like this article i cam across when i looking up on the subject

http://www.hnl.bcm.tmc.edu/cache/eurekalert.org.htm

There's many things just like that. All try and confuse you :/
SusieSmacktard
I prefer Dr. Pepper to either one.
h2vidz
It seems that whenever coca-cola comes out with an addition to its flavor, Pepsi always counters with a copy. This is true for Coke with lemon and Coca-Cola Lime, although I'm sure theirs others. I haven't yet seen a Vanilla Pepsi (LOL).
mying
i think cola is more sweet than pepsi...
kecha
I drink it towards Coca-Cola than Pepsi well.
Because there are many places selling Laughing
william
After exactly 100 votes, Coca-Cola is winning in a landslide; 65 to 35. Once again, this is surprising to me.
Bosleee
i chose coca cola not just for the taste but for other products its bringing out

u have cherry coke which is gorgeous, then u have coke with lime which is even better and it goes on and on.
bigdan
I drink Coca Cola Zero, Diet Coke and Pepsi Max...so I'm not either way inclined...
alexcheng
I prefer coke bigtime. My university had a huge exclusive licensing deal with coca cola so we only had coke vending machines and i was stuck with it for 4 years and basically got accustomed to it.

It tastes so much better Razz
viceless
coke by far... pepsi = watered down coke.

mexican coke > all. D: they use cane sugar instead of fructose. >Very Happy
marques1975
I only know the European versions of Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
Here, in Portugal, 1.5 litres of Pepsi costs €0.99 and 1 litre of Coca-Cola costs €1.06...
Their flavour is very similar, but I think Pepsi is softer than Coca-Cola. Anyway, the difference is so thin that I don’t bother so much about it.
I drink both, but when I have to choose I chose Pepsi.

Oscar
marioflory
Hello you all.... I'm quite surprised that this is such a big theme in the forum.

I like all kinds of Cola, but especially Coca Cola light, which is almost the same as diet coke.

But I think that Pepsi does the better job concerning the "with sugar" drink, as I like Pesi more that Coke. I don't like the feeling that Coke glues my teeth together. This is a feeling that I have less when drinking Pepsi and not at all with Cola Light.

But apart from the sugar and no sugar discussion I think that all kinds of Cola isn't very healthy. We should stick to water with our meals, as it is simply the best. That's what I learned during the last month in France. It can't be beat!

So long.. don't be thirsty.. Drink !! Smile
Northgatebaseball
I like Coke better than pepsi, but Dr. Pepper (pepsi product??) is my favorite. Cokes version of Dr. Pepper isn't good (Mr. Pibb) but whatever company makes Dr. Pepper is my favorite. Smile
princess
Gieter wrote:
I also prefer Coca-Cola, but the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi is remarkable. Maybe the people who don't taste the difference have drunk so much Coca-Cola that their taste buds are gone because of the pH-value of coke.

That's pretty much me. I would say they taste the some, but yet somehow Coke tastes better. That's probably because I haven't had Pepsi in the longest time.

meet in rio wrote:
ust for the feel of it... the pure appeal of it...

And all that.

I prefer Diet Coke... specifically "with Lime".

I hate drinks with proper sugar in them for the following reasons:

- They rot your teeth.
- They're fattening.

I used to work in a fast food place. The drinks were 'mixed' on site and so for the fizzy drink dispenser there was a water pipleline, a soda line and syrup lines. Various coca cola drink syrups were connected to the various syrup lines and they would occasionally have to be replaced. The 'full sugar' syrup boxes were ridiculously heavy and the 'diet' drink boxes were about half the weight. You have no idea how much sugar is in those drinks.

I don't think the sodas with lime taste any different, and root beer rots your teeth the worst. And as for the fattening, I really only drink this Diet Rite stuff my mom buys at Kroger. It has a lot of good flavors plus no carbs, sugar, fat, calories, or sodium. Yay!
anticitizen1
Coca Cola!
Pepsi is so sweet for me!

But its true coca cola is so dangerous for your teeth
Aless
I like Pepsi BECAUSE it's a bit sweeter. Coke is too harsh & sharp-tasting for me. Not to mention, Diet Pepsi (or Pepsi One) is a much better diet soda than Diet Coke. DC leaves a horrible aftertaste and tastes horribly fake to me.
Catastrophic Fairy
Coke for me. Pepsi for some reason just gives me a bad after taste. Though after I haven't had it a while it's okay if it's just one... But for some reason after three within a week, I taste an after taste. /:3
roeenoy
I like them..
i like coca cola and i like pepsi
if i need to choice i will choice coca cola but pepsi is good too
jayzee
Coca-cola is much better, i believe Pepsi is more sweeter in taste then coke.. i will prefer to drink coke.
Jaime
I don't like CocaCola and I don't like the Pepsi...
Both are a filth
william
Just wondering, what do think it is that makes Coca-Cola more popular than Pepsi?
bluefossil
I live in Atlanta so beside Pepsico companies I'm surrounded by coke. but ever before i lived here i preferred coke products to pepsi.

Pepsi always tasted to sweet to me, and the 7 Up always tasted like it was some kind of lemon scented cleaing product.
william
bluefossil wrote:
I live in Atlanta so beside Pepsico companies I'm surrounded by coke. but ever before i lived here i preferred coke products to pepsi.

Pepsi always tasted to sweet to me, and the 7 Up always tasted like it was some kind of lemon scented cleaing product.

Yeah. Razz 7-up does taste like that. I definitely prefer Sprite or Sierra Mist. Which one? Once again, depends on my mood.
borud
Coke or Pepsi??

Fanta kicks their ass anyway. Though my absolute favorite drink is pure, fresh water. Nothing beats that. Exclamation
roadruner
pepsi!
i just like the taste more, it's sweeter Smile
adiutrix
Pepsi (I think) tastes better but coke has VANILLA COKE! that owns.
quartnee
SusieSmacktard wrote:
I prefer Dr. Pepper to either one.

Then most likely you prefer Pepsi to Coca-Cola, because Dr. Pepper is a Pepsi product. Just like how Mr. Pibb is a Coke product. But I have to say in the case of those two Dr. Pepper is way better, hands down.
HoboPelican
Big time Diet Coke fan here. But I think it's just what you get used to . I used to drink only regular coke, but while trying to loose weight, I forced myself to drink that disgusting Diet Coke....6 months later I couldn't stand the regular! Laughing

But I gotta say, fountain drinks are a crap shoot. With fountain colas, you never know what the heck it is gonna taste like. yuck! Crying or Very sad

I love all the folks who make all sorts of negative health claims about colas
Smile All bunk, in my mind. Never saw any good studies showing any bad effects. I've even talked to my doc about it, since I drink so much (8-12 cans a day). He said the worst I could expect was nausea (not an issue) and frequent urination (well, duh!).

I've been drinking it for over 40 years and I still have great health and the chompers are great shape. It's mostly H2O. Brush your teeth and eat healthy, you'll be fine!
Very Happy
(your mileage may vary!)
dodah
they are sure diffrent,i was making this vote a week ago here in my country ..and the result was pepsi,which i agree with.i also think that it depends on the country itself,the manifacturing i mean,but in general like pepsi more,and as for diet pepsi and light coke,i think both taste the same.
THE11thROCK™
Pepsi buff here. Pepsi tastes like sweet raw rice.

Coke smells like cφckroach when left in the fridge for a long time. Specially those they serve in the restaurants.
HoboPelican
THE11thROCK™ wrote:
Pepsi buff here. Pepsi tastes like sweet raw rice.

Coke smells like cφckroach when left in the fridge for a long time. Specially those they serve in the restaurants.

LOL....Raw rice is good? Must be a cultural thing! Smile

But I gotta know, how do you know what a cφckroach left in the fridge for a long time smells like? Laughing
curnow
yay fanta...my bad i prefer coke it feels smoother as it goes down ya throat. however solo is the best softie chug it down fast.
chat
- They rot your teeth.
- They're fattening.
I just like juice and H20 ,enjoy in it,if I somtimes must choose,I will be preffer coca-cola Smile
HoboPelican
chat wrote:
- They rot your teeth.
Lies ! Laughing Just brush your teeth, you mook! Wink
chat
Yeah then eat a lot of sugar,and then brush your teeth Laughing
HoboPelican
chat wrote:

Yep! Now you've got it! Wink Dental hygiene rules!

But I do agree with you about the bug thing. Around here you have to really watch your soda outside or else you are gonna have yellowjackets all over the place Crying or Very sad

Worth it though, for that cool, diet coke flavor Smile
chat
soda is also very dangerous for stomach things and so on,it has emulgator E330 very dangerous,many uses of it can make CANCER Exclamation Exclamation So don't drink a lot of drinks soda [like i do Laughing ]Drink natural juices,H2O and so on Smile
HoboPelican
chat wrote:
soda is also very dangerous for stomach things and so on,it has emulgator E330 very dangerous,many uses of it can make CANCER Exclamation Exclamation So don't drink a lot of drinks soda [like i do Laughing ]Drink natural juices,H2O and so on Smile

More random, unsubstantiated claims! Smile So sad.

Show me the data on it being very dangerous to stomach linings!

WTF is emulgator E330? Googled it and found nothing detailed about it.

Oh, well, I might as well get on the bandwagon....
Don't read chat's posts! They will make your brain explode Laughing
chat
man that is serious and true! 100% No Google can know as I do Smile Maybe your brain explode,but then you can die by learning something not from soda Laughing
mwilson82
Pepsi is better IMO.....

I also had a Pepsi icee for the first time the other day (first time I've seen one other than Coke). Still, better flavor I think Smile
hellrahul
Do you think it has taste. Surprised

And why the hell do people like these Carbon dioxide drink. Shocked

I hate these type of drinks. Its just wastage of money. You get no energy or vitamin or anything. Its better to drink some juice instead of these COLD DRINKS. Rolling Eyes
hrtorrent
I rather drink Cocta.

Jack_Hammer
chat wrote:

I don't think he was being serious, eating then brushing your teeth straight after actually is rubbing acid into your teeth, where as brushing your teeth then eating is good.

It clearly has to be Pepsi as Coka Cola are murderers and hire right wing death squads in Columbia, that and they build their plants in third world countries using up electricity and water that the locals so very much need. (It takes three litres of water to produce one litre of Coka Cola).
Wink
chat
Right!That is the reason I wroted it.Coca-Cola isn't good as all others drinks,pepsi and so on.I know that but I can't help myself to stop drinking them Sad
PristonMaster
coca cola is the best but i cant drink cause health problems ;(
photon
i hate both of them. actually i dont drink any areated stuff. just good old fresh fruit juice Smile
THE11thROCK™
I still vote for Pepsi. Ever tried Pepsi Max? How about Pepsi Blue?
chat
hobo pelikan take a better look,ingredients ,emulgators you will find E330 on some of them,it surely causes cancer.
Citric acid (E330),search little bit like this by google
emulgator E330 very harmously....everybody drinking,including me Crying or Very sad
HoboPelican
chat wrote:
hobo pelikan take a better look,ingredients ,emulgators you will find E330 on some of them,it surely causes cancer.
Citric acid (E330),search little bit like this by google
emulgator E330 very harmously....everybody drinking,including me Crying or Very sad

Chat, what part of my post did you not understand? I DID search and I found nothing listing dangers of "emulgators e330" and almost nothing on emulgators by themselves. If you can find a link post or drop it.

Now citric acid e330 I found. Here is an example:
http://www.food-info.net/uk/e/e330.htm

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_Acid

E330 is just a designation of citric acid. It's everywhere, dude. Fruits are loaded with it, NATURALLY. I would have to say,unless I see something to the contrary, you are not only wrong, but competely a**-backwards. Citric acid is beneficial to humans.

Unless you can post something to back up your claims, chat, people are gonna stop reading your posts! Laughing Laughing
chat
you are gonna make me to upload image of proof Smile really Smile.I will don't bother any more,me ,everybody have a choose,I just told you for your own good.Best wishes bro Smile
HoboPelican
chat wrote:
you are gonna make me to upload image of proof Smile really Smile.I will don't bother any more,me ,everybody have a choose,I just told you for your own good.Best wishes bro Smile

No, child, I asked you to upload a "link". I will assume your unwillingness to do so as proof that your statements are the result of wild fantasy.
chat
Man if you love some drink,logical that you are saying that is good,you love it,can't without,talking even to self it is good,and so on,everbody knows that soda isn't good for stomach,other things even don't thought.Put the meat in something,and water,then in that water,in morning you will see how will look meat....like drogs with brain Twisted Evil
HoboPelican
chat wrote:
everbody knows that soda isn't good for stomach

<sigh> Back that up, child. You keep making claims you can't even come close to backing up. I'm still waiting for you to show ANYTHING relating to your claim about E330. Pure fantasy, it seems.

Why do you feel a need to make random claims?
conicon
Coca Cola hands down, you can't beat the real thing. Although I do like some Pepsi products like Mountain Dew. Coca Cola tests way better than Pepsi and I have been drinking it for so long now that I can taste the difference and can truly say that I like Coke better.

What gets me is all the marketing that goes into selling these products. Dave Chappelle has done commercials for both Coke and Pepsi. I remember one commercial he coaxed bank robbers out of a bank by turning off the air conditioning and drinking a coke in plain site. I can't remember his Pepsi commercial off hand but whatever it is he is still allowed to come back to Rutgers University.

Rutgers University from 1995 to 2005 were sponsored by Coke. Which meant that while on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus (I cannot speak for Newark or Camden because I only studied in New Brunswick) you could only buy Coca Cola products on campus. No Pepsi, no RC cola. However in summer of 2005 the contract with Coke was up and Rutgers decided to make the Pepsi switch, so now all you can buy on campus. However there was a brief moment when you could buy the remainder of the Coca Cola stuff at rock bottom prices.
conicon
Did you know that they really put Cocaine in Coca Cola. Although this hasn't been part of the recipe for a long time I thought it would be interesting to note that Coke was once "the real thing."

Did you also know that the founder of Coca Cola, Asa Griggs Candler, once donated a million dollars to Emory University in Atlanta. The Coca Cola recipe was invented by a man named John Pemberton and Asa Griggs Candler bought it from him for $2,300. The reason behind his success was marketing.

Candler was mayor of Atlanta from 1917-1919. He gave his company to his grandchildren and who then sold it to Ernest Woodruff. Candler suffered a stroke in 1926 and died 3 years later. He lived to be 77 years old.
HoboPelican
conicon wrote:

Rutgers University from 1995 to 2005 were sponsored by Coke. Which meant that while on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus (I cannot speak for Newark or Camden because I only studied in New Brunswick) you could only buy Coca Cola products on campus. No Pepsi, no RC cola.

I don't care which you prefer, but I HATE this marketing strategy. Doesn't matter what people want, it's all about the money. That, pardon my language, sucks.
conicon
Word to the wise do not drink Jack Daniels and Diet Coke, it is the worst. You would think it wouldn't be so bad because Jack and Coke go well together but this is not the case with Diet Coke. If you don't believe me try it for yourself but don't pay good money at a bar and have it done because I am sure that you will hate it.
HoboPelican
conicon wrote:
Word to the wise do not drink Jack Daniels and Diet Coke, it is the worst. You would think it wouldn't be so bad because Jack and Coke go well together but this is not the case with Diet Coke. If you don't believe me try it for yourself but don't pay good money at a bar and have it done because I am sure that you will hate it.

Laughing Laughing
Sorry, man, it must be a personal taste thing. I just happen to love Jack and I love Diet coke. Never mixed them before though since I like my jack straight.
Just did a taste test (in fact sitting here drinking it now) and while I'm not a fan of any mix with Jack, this is fine. Wink

I wonder how some bitters would taste with it.....It's gonna be a fun night I guess!
Deviatorz
Hmmm, coco cola for me. There is distinct taste in pepsi that I can't really name out. I don't know what it is but I don't like that taste. If I drink too much my tongue feels stiff for some reason. I've been drinking coke most of the time so yea, coke is my favorite.
yjwong
Have anyone tried popping mentos into diet coke? Some guys tried it and it came out as a fountain!
william
What do you mean?
eightbitpyro13
coke is way better pepsi is too sweet and it like give s you a funny felling on your teeth that fat kids get a orgasm over
Deviatorz
yjwong wrote:
Have anyone tried popping mentos into diet coke? Some guys tried it and it came out as a fountain!

lol yea i have, i did it as an experiment, i took 3 mentos and one 2L bottle threw em in there and boom, the coke started shooting out like a fountain, i mean like around 3m high! drank from it too lol
william
Cool, I should try it! Very Happy
tribe
I am a Coca-Cola addict and with that being said, I can tell the difference between coke and pepsi.

I think Pepsi hits the spot with ice when your hot, but nothing beats a Coke down your throat when your thirsty.

COKE IS BY FAR BETTER THAN PEPSICO
Chris24
no no no pepsi pepsi pepsi
intekmdma
Wow, I was expecting pepsi to take the win on this one. I'm more of a pepsi fan. Coke gives me more of the carbonated feeling in my tummy when I drink it, while I taste more syrup with pepsi
hary
I voted for coca-cola. I don't realy like pepsi because is too sweet or probably because I'm used to drink coca cola.
jobzunlimited
none of them...
i drink juice.

it just makes ur health bad...
stop drinking coke...start drinking juice....
harry4265
100% coke and its so much better for you Rolling Eyes not that we care Razz
Ducksteina
I drink both of them not very often, but I drink Cola more often. However, I can't tell a difference in their flavour. They just taste the same.
I prefer water anyway. Very Happy

Edit:
jobzunlimited wrote:
none of them...
i drink juice.

Did you ever look at the ingridients? Most juice has 7-11 % sugar - just as much as Cola. Of course, juice has some vitamins, but the sugar is the same.
Juice isn't much healthier than Cola.
HoboPelican
Ducksteina wrote:
I drink both of them not very often, but I drink Cola more often. However, I can't tell a difference in their flavour. They just taste the same.
I prefer water anyway. Very Happy

Edit:
jobzunlimited wrote:
none of them...
i drink juice.

Did you ever look at the ingridients? Most juice has 7-11 % sugar - just as much as Cola. Of course, juice has some vitamins, but the sugar is the same.
Juice isn't much healthier than Cola.

And diet colas have even less sugar! Wink Almost completely H2O. Smile
Shiva
Coca Cola.. how can you even ask!?? Wink
Dragonfly
Less or more sugar content hardly matters when one is thirsty. But the taste of a drink matters alot. To choose between the two, I would definitely go for COCA-COLA - because taste matters alot to me. Among Pepsi product, I may go for any other drinks than Pepsi itself. I never like Pepsi taste.
mstreet
Although I try to stay away from either for some reason I like non-diet Coke but I like Diet Pepsi. I know it's weird.
william
It's kind of weird that some people say they like Coke better, but in a taste test they said Pepsi was better. I think it's because they say Coke because it has less sugar. However, human beings like sugar, therefore, they prefer Pepsi in taste tests. It's kinda weird.
HoboPelican
william wrote:
It's kind of weird that some people say they like Coke better, but in a taste test they said Pepsi was better. I think it's because they say Coke because it has less sugar. However, human beings like sugar, therefore, they prefer Pepsi in taste tests. It's kinda weird.

Do you have any info on how those tests were done? The only one I ever saw was by Pepsi, so I had to quesiton the methodolgy. Those tests had people who claimed they preferred coke and chose pepsi in a blind taste test...Doesnt make sense unless they were using fountain mixes. Those are extremely variable in taste. Anyway, if you know of a link to the testing, I would appreciate it.
dommemg
I like Pepsi best, because I think Coca-Cola is too sweet. But all my friend like Coca-cola best Evil or Very Mad but Pepsi is best Wink
postbrutality
Well, if i have to choose between Coca Cola or pepsi I would choose Coca Cola because it seems to be smoother. I should mention that i usually buy cheap cola because Coca Cola and Pepsi costs really more than those cheap copies.

The "President's choice" cola is good, i always buy some of them and it costs almost nothing, something like 4 bucks for a pack of 24, it's a good value.

Well, there was a time when I used to drink pepsi everyday, i remember this "blue pepsi" version, it tasted like raspberry and i liked that a lot. I think they stopped to sell that because some people said their tooth began to become blue (well, that's what i heard) then, pepsi did not make other flavours like that. I miss to blue pepsi... Sad

Well, i prefer Coca Cola but if pepsi restarts to make blue pepsi i would prefer them. For now i drink President's choice cola with ice cream sandwiches.
marcmgeronimo
I came from a Coca Cola country...lol.. so that means I love drinking Coke, and now I'm a Coke Light drinker.

Yes, compared to other carbonated drinks Coca cola is more smoother and a better thirst quencher. That taste is just right and not so sweet (i.e. Pepsi and RC Cola)
GProject
You know, I totally used to be a Coca Cola person. I would take a can of it to college every day (very unhealthy I know, but I wasn't too badly affected by it). These days, I'm more of a pepsi lover for some reason.

They were giving away free cans of Pepsi max in a shopping centre in Manchester last week. I've no idea why since Pepsi Max is hardly a new product - it's been around for years! Drinking it again reminded how much I actually like it.
FreeBay
I prefer coke over pepsi but i usually just get the one thats on special at supermarkets.

Regards,

Eric
Zug Zug
I love the taste of coca cola, but sometimes I prefer pepsi...diet pepsi tasts like water....kind of gross. I think Coca Cola tasts better. It just has more of a smoother taste.
Becky
I honestly dont notice the difference between them..
but i chose Coca Cola, because its more avalible than Pepsi near me. Cool
sions
i like then cola best, untill its anything of ligh, then it taste of soure water with pee in

pepsi is not as soog as cola (the real one) because missing something,
wsco
i prefer COCA-COLA
yes it is the best
wsco
by the way
ANY FRESH JUICE IS MUCH BETTER Very Happy
Mr. McCoy
I´ve voted for Coca Cola, though I dont drink much of it hehe...
Prefer a nice glass of COLD Juice ;D Wee
cybernie
i like coca cola than pepsi...
sharp
Diet Pepsi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a slender build (and also male) have been drinking diet pepsi for... well lets say many years. I can tell the diff between taste like feeling a brick to a sponge. HUGE diff, and to me diet taste better than regular pepsi... but coke is gawd awful
kazikame
I personally prefer diet coke. It's tastier, and doesn't have any sugar.
sharp
right, both diets are sugar free, my issue with the coke is it contains more fizz
OutlawSpirit
like em both... doesnt bother me, dont hav a fav
ItsWesley
I really don't mind if I have Pepsi or Coca cola. I also equally hate both of their 'diet' drinks, but I like Pepsi Max.
Ratman2050
I seem to like both. Pepsie I use for tacos and hot grilled foods as it the food takes the taste to a new level.
And coca cola for regular foods because its way better on flavor for plain.
I LOVE CHERRY BLACK VANILLA COKE
Insanity
I'd like to say Coke, but I really can't taste the difference. Pepsi is a bit sweeter though.
Marie
I think Cherry Coke is the greatest thing known to man.
mdionet
I prefer Pepsi more than Coca-Cola but they are very similar.
However, I prefer Pepsi and Pepsi Gold Limited Edition
Portland
I'm trying not to drink those...
... but i choose pepsi when i give up resisting
Laughing
Devil
I most prolly cant tell the difference but generally I prefer Pepsi, Over Coke, if I had to choose between them,

But I normally drink Sprite or Mountain Dew Very Happy
Varo
It really depends where for me. I mean like at a fast food place alot of times their drinks will have a wang to them. So I usually opt for a pepsi product like sierra mist because I can't tast a wang as easily. I will usually drink pepsi I perfer its tatse to coke but coke doesnt taste all that bad. I can also tatse the diffrence in pepsi if it was bottled at a diffrent plant. It may sound crazy but its true. Some places it has kinda a nasty taste so I would go for coke. So I guess my answer is pepsi 1st coke 2nd.
NeoRayden
Pepsi... Everything Else is just poison... opps I mean uncivilized!
hsadmin
ONe word! "PEPSI!"
kla_bor
Pepsi is sweeter than Coca-Cola. Price almost the same, colour the same, popularity Coca-Cola rules. I chose Coke. Cool
Sickness
Coca Cola is much better than Pepsi Cool
acid_spunk
I can't get enough coca cola. Pepsi tastes disgusting
crimson_aria
I don't really drink softdrinks but, of course I've tried drinking both. If asked to choose, I'd say Coca-cola.
Nuetral
pfft pepsi hands down
pepsi and all of their products are just all overall good.
coca cola has 1 good thing witch i like and its cherry vanilla i drink coke when i have to but if i have a choice it will be a pepsi.
jb2_86_uk
Coca Cola All the way! Far superior flavour. I personally drink Diet Coke now in my 'lose the gut' campaign. Diet coke genuinly tastes like normal Coke whereas Diet Pepsi taste like water! And now with the new Coke Zero to compete with Pepsi Max (which I do like) Its now a straight fight! and after tasting Coke Zero, a straight fight that is going to go one way... THE RED CORNER!

JB
albusa
I totally prefer the PEPSI
AkakoSeven
Coca cola of course! :O
Vozzz
anyone heard of the some retards that decided to steal cokes secret and attempt to sell it to pepsi?

Unfortunately they didnt realise that they both belong to the same people Wink

IT's all a conspiracy!!!
jongoldsz
Coca Cola... I drink it every day during lunch instead of pepsi. Razz
xkobram
coca-cola is much better! It has its own taste, little bit spicy. I think that Pepsi is just sweet water without taste. But I dont drnk coca-cola very much, because it is NOT healthy and its very expensive. I like Kofola - its sold in Czech rep and other countries in middle Europe - it ios very spicy and not very expensive.
triggerhappy
my favorite is vannila coke cream! much better than pepsi cus pepsi taste flat after your first cup its cheap and bad so go for coke not pepsi
haak_heu
Pepsi is far more better than coke ....
Go pepsi go
Vanilla
Coke. Pepsi has a strange taste to me! And I love the coca-cola light lemon, which is best than any light or diet beverage that I know. I don't know if this kind of coke exists in other countries, but here in Brazil is very popular.
akshar
Both are total waste of money and health.

In India we have found condoms and pesticides in pesi as well as coke. Condoms are rare but evey bottle contains high degree of pesticides
Traveller
akshar wrote:
Both are total waste of money nad health.

Well, we certainly need to take good care of our "nad health." LOL!
Huiue
now ,i like coke
i think pepsi has more sweet,
so i drink pepsi hardly.
m00tmuffin
I don't drink either ever, but I'd probably take Pepsi over Coca Cola if I was forced to drink one of them. Razz
tuncay
Juice is much better and far healthier but to compare between the two, pepsi sucks, coca cola rocks
CreepingD
I always prefered Coca-Cola, right now I'm tired of both Smile
thelinxstuff
I choose coca-cola(the classiker)! *Go Coca-Cola*

But i like milk more Very Happy *yummy in my tummy XD*
datter
If I have to pick one or the other I'll pick Coke... if I can pick any softdrink I'll pick Root Beer ("Mug" rootbeer is great)... but if I can pick any drink at all, I'll pick water. Smile

datter
The Czar
Pepsi still exists? Whoa! I hate it. I watched Coke's propaganda advert and was immediately having an urge for buying coke everyday. Which I do ...
nazty
From an carbonated drinks intolerant's view, er, stomach, Coca-Cola is better than Pepsi. It only takes half glass of Pepsi for me to stay at the comfort room compared to a one glass of Coke. It is the sugar.
Em_de_Tech
Coke is sooo much better (I believe) Pepsi has a weird over sugared taste to it.... Coke I live off of that stuff. I have (Had) a two-hundred can tower (coke cans) in the corner of my room. Its was pretty cool. Surprised
Dimaod
I dont know whats the difference beetween of them..
But in Ukraine all people drinking Colla, and there are a lot of Colla advertisments on the cities...
henrygl
I like pepsi, it's different, better, less sour....
eldarian
Dimaod
Ah, you from Ukraine? I'm too. But i like Pepsi more than Cola. Is it true, tnat there is cocaine in Cola Shocked ?
bugra9
I like Coca-Cola but the best drink is milk (necessary for health). Very Happy
QrafTee
I have to say I enjoy the taste of Pepsi more, it seems to me that Pepsi is more flavorful while Coca-Cola tries to mask its taste by making is more fizzy. And since we're talking about taste and not fizziness, my vote goes to Pepsi hands down.
william wrote:
mw91
gotta be pepsi Funny pepsi add
william
Once again, these results are quite surprising. Is there any reason why people prefer Coke?
Aless
Not surprising. When I tell most of my friends that I prefer Pepsi, they usually think I'm a bit off. I think Pepsi is slightly sweeter and doesn't have the harsh carbonation that Coke does. It's that sharp taste that makes it hard for me drink.

Not to mention, when you talk about diet vs. diet, Pepsi wins HANDS DOWN. Diet Coke tastes flat and disgusting, whereas diet Pepsi (actually, I drink Pepsi One) has a much better flavor that can barely be distinguised as diet. Of course, I've found people who will swear otherwise, so to each his own!
Hammy
I gave my mate who prefers pepsi to coca-cola a glass of each .. and ask which was pepsi and he got it wrong lol . what an idot.

For me.... Rola Cola!!... lol nar.. jsut kiddin, Pepsi!!
Claywarrior
Coke ftw! pepsi just tastes so bland. Coke on the other hand has FLAVOR!
Xavier
Coke for sure! Infact other beverages owned by coke like Kinley water etc are better than their corresponding Pepsi competitors!
valkyrie-heavens
Neither... there both bad for u, and they can be used to clean a car and the holding tanks on the trucks. What do u think that would do to ur digestive track? I'll stick to a good ol' glass of water.
william
I think someone already said this, but Coke and Pepsi are mainly composed of water. Wink
endure
pepsi for the win! Razz

I like it 10 times more than coca-cola, but most of my friends like more coca-cola... I dunno why really lol

I drink pepsi with anything, vodka, wine, jack daniels, lemmon, etc.
Rev` -
pepsi twist 4 me, because it has lemon in it, so if you mix it you get better pepzi! Smile
Snowboarder Doby
Well obviously Coke in my opinion.
Oyster
Coca-Cola forever Razz

I prefer Coca-Cola... Don't know why, but it's better for me than Pepsi Wink
PatTheGreat42
Pepsi scores better in a blind taste test because it satisfies some instant gratification neurons in your brain with it's sweetness. Coke, however, has more pleasent thoughts associated with it, so it remains more popular.

But being an instant gratification kinda guy in a land where soda is almost limitless, Pepsi is my drink of choice.
indianinworld
Latest News from India -

Centre for Science and Environment in India has reported that Pepsi and Cola has Pesticides and other chemicals in it. This is the second time that such an Incident has happened.

Goverment sector office Canteens and Most of the Educational Institutions have imposed an Temporary Ban on both the soft drinks to be sold inside their campus.

On the other hand, Health authorities in India also raided an Coca Cola godown in Punjab, India and the raided samples have sent for Test.

Whatever - I feel Thumps Up to be Tastier than both these Drinks. I don't know if it is available in ur Country.

Anyways - These drinks are not definitely good for health Smile
jcvincent
I really don't care about what I drink. Whether it's pepsi or coke, their job is to quench my thirst. hehe

Well i really love sprite. because I obey my thirst, and I'm a fan of grant hill.
Antek88
i prefer coca-cola
fatepower
i prefer coke but i like pepsi too, but i have allways drink coke so i prefer it before the pepsi...
william
OK, this topic has been going on for a while and Coke is winning out of 200 votes. What is it about Coke that makes it better than Pepsi? The ingredients?

I know I've said this before, but I honestly expected Pepsi to win.

What's so special about Coke?
ArmaghBhoy
scotland is the only country in the world where coca-cola isnt the biggest selling fizzy drink! they all love IRN-BRU (pronounced iron-brew)

I dont even know how to describe the taste of it!
KD8CPP
For Regular I like Coke, for diet, pepsi.

I too can tell them apart from any other sodas, and some genarics are good also.

Tyler Lewis
okullar
I can say tha Coca Cola is some harder than Pepsi. One chooses which one he likes. By the way, I think Sprite is harder than Coca Cola. And they all are from USA. When I see an advertisement of Coca Cola or Sprite or Fanta or Pepsi or another brand from USA, I remember the protest writings/e-mails about these brands. As you know, USA earned many displeasures by Iraq war and some other behaviours about Lebanon and the other muslim countries. So, many people thinks/says that we shouldn't go astray of brands of USA, and we should protest them. Anyway...

My choice is Cola Turka! Very Happy
nathanuk
They both taste fairly good but pepsi is slighty less tasty in my eyes...
Coke has a fairly distinctave taste and a secret ingrediant Very Happy. Coke has been there for a longer length of time then pepsi. Coke is a world franchise and is very popular. So it is for this reason i say coke is the best
agullid
I do not like both reealy I do not have confidence with their product
okullar
agullid wrote:
I do not like both reealy I do not have confidence with their product

I heard that coke is forbidden in India, is it true really?
bartdou
none is good, i don't like such soft drinks,
i like tea, tea is the best
a.Bird
I heard that talking about the differences between soda and soda was a good way to get free hosting. Shhh
a.Bird
jcvincent wrote:
I really don't care about what I drink. Whether it's pepsi or coke, their job is to quench my thirst. hehe

Well i really love sprite. because I obey my thirst, and I'm a fan of grant hill.

Soda dehydrates you, it hardly quenches your thirst. The only thing you're obeying are Coca-Cola's media tactics to sell you a product and make money. They don't really give a shit how you are personally feeling and how well quenched your thirst is.

From http://www.virtualvender.coca-cola.com/vm/Vending.jsp :
Quote:
...Millions of people enjoy Sprite because of its crisp, clean taste that really quenches your thirst [soft drinks are a diuretic, they cause dehydration]... Sprite encourages you to be true to who you are and to obey your thirst. [I know who I am, and it has nothing to do with "obeying" my thirsts. it's just a f*cking marketing ploy. i cannot understand how manipulative so many people are.]

Sorry to call you out mate, but you're just another product of commercialism if you honestly buy into that crap. People, drink water when you need to quench your thirst. That's what your thirst is, a lack of hydration. Or even drink some herbal tea man. Juice, skim milk, whatever. As long as it's not processed and doesn't have weird stimulants and chemicals in it that are not a natural part of your diet.
Rico
Coke seems more fulfilling; when you drink a coke you can feel that it’s trying to make you feel as if you’re drinking something with substance. Pepsi is just a knockoff of Coke no? Coke was there first wasn’t it? Vanilla Coke is pretty good and the diet versions of Coke started tasting less like poison in the early nineties. It’s when the name changed from Diet Coke to Coke light, any thoughts?
Shanghai_Dragon
Soda isn't good for you.... it dehydrates your body. But... I like pepsi better than coke.
ncwdavid
I prefer pepsi because i think it is sweeter and a bit more watery.dont know why.
Insanity
That's definately the reason why I chose Coca-cola over Pepsi. Pepsi in my opinion is way too sweet, and Coke just has that taste where it's just in the right amount.
Vanilla Crazy
Definately Coke. Pepsi is just generally very crappy tasting. Like they used too much sugar.
mantasx
OMG, this is totaly the best topic. And I even watched couples shows about it. We had to do research in school, and this is my conclusion. Coca-Cola definatly consists less sodium. Pepsi has far more greater amount of sodium, that goes down your throaght with pain. In sweatness, Pepsi vs Coca-Cola in U.S. pepsi wins. In Europe+Africa Coca-cola 100% wins in sweatness. As for my self, coca-cola tastes much, much better, because it has more taste in it, and less of those-throaght killing bubbles.
mat_metzner
It's all about the Coke. why does this thread even exist??
kikass
i prefer coca cola... pepsi is a bit too light for me.. here in india we get another drink called thums-up.. strong as hell.. i like Smile
frenchy
Gotta be Pepsi Max if i drink any fizzy juice.
But i try and keep to water and fruit juices wen i can, and have the choise. Laughing
ninjakannon
Although both are bad for you I still like to have either one or the other occasionally. If I'm in a restaurant and I feel like a Coke with my meal then I'll ask for one, however not all places have Coke. In this case I'll happily accept a Pepsi, even though I can taste the difference. If I'm buying a bottle / can though, I'll always choose Coke unless there really isn't any in which case I'll go with Pepsi and won't complain.
goutha
I prefer coke...

But I drink one coke every two or three months...

Water and tea are better solutions Smile
theem
Voted for Pepsi -----

Nothing official about it ..............

--------------------------------------
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Duncan Idaho
I don't really like either that much, because it gums my throat up: I like Sprite because it doesn't do that to me.
william
I made this topic about ten months ago, and Coca-Cola was always ahead of Pepsi, but after checking it again, it seems that Coke has lost some ground to Pepsi. Is it just me, or are the numbers shifting towards Pepsi? Well, with only 220 votes, not much can be said, but it still feels that way. Probably just me, though.
DynamicNames
I prefer Pepsi, because as you sad, it's sweeter. I generally like alot of sweet drinks, especially root-beer because of that reason.
glenn83e
All depends on where the product was made... For some reason in different places in the world, coke may taste better than pepsi, and pepsi may taste better than coke. Depends on the water that is used and where it comes from. But I am still a Pepsi guy
ninjakannon
glenn83e wrote:
All depends on where the product was made... For some reason in different places in the world, coke may taste better than pepsi, and pepsi may taste better than coke. Depends on the water that is used and where it comes from.

That's an interesting point. I suppose the quality of the Coke / Pepsi would depend on whether it was imported, also. Furthermore, in hot countries the Coke or Pepsi would go flat quicker once opened - as well as this it's also likely to be warmer (unless it's come straight out of a fridge) in a hot country and in my opinion it's not so nice warm.

PS. I spell checked this and realised that Microsoft Word has Pepsi in its dictionary. Razz
william
ninjakannon wrote:
glenn83e wrote:
All depends on where the product was made... For some reason in different places in the world, coke may taste better than pepsi, and pepsi may taste better than coke. Depends on the water that is used and where it comes from.

That's an interesting point. I suppose the quality of the Coke / Pepsi would depend on whether it was imported, also. Furthermore, in hot countries the Coke or Pepsi would go flat quicker once opened - as well as this it's also likely to be warmer (unless it's come straight out of a fridge) in a hot country and in my opinion it's not so nice warm.

PS. I spell checked this and realised that Microsoft Word has Pepsi in it's dictionary. Razz

Yeah, that is an interesting point. I never did consider that. I think that's a good explanation why Pepsi tasted different when I was at an airport in Asia. The Coke was about the same.

Also, the packaging might affect it, too. If the soft drink is better stored, it would taste better.
WarEagleBBall
Pepsi gets my vote, but that's just
because they make Mountain Dew.
seagullspirit
Coca-Cola rulz. I don't particularly enjoy drinking any of 'em too often but every now and then I love having a coke with pizza.

and.. as far as their marketing departments go Coca-Cola has by far the best commercials Wink
HoboPelican
william wrote:
I made this topic about ten months ago, and Coca-Cola was always ahead of Pepsi, but after checking it again, it seems that Coke has lost some ground to Pepsi. Is it just me, or are the numbers shifting towards Pepsi? Well, with only 220 votes, not much can be said, but it still feels that way. Probably just me, though.

I wonder if that is true also...so here is a snapshot on this date!

What's better, Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
Coca-Cola 61% [ 137 ]
Pepsi 38% [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 223

We can check it every now and then.
tijn01
Do you have any idea what these drinks are doing to your insides??
I have a nickname for any of these types of drinks its: POISON!
darknight985
Im sure that eveyone has their own taste and likes their own things. So infact this question isn't even valid because it has been asked so many times. The people will drink what eveyone else drinks. Unless you are like me who doesnt like to be like everyone else Confused . I think it all depends on who has better advirtising.

I would prefer neither, SPRITE is the way to go!!!

But if i was forced to choose with a gun to my head, I would go with coke Very Happy
ninjakannon
tijn01 wrote:

'You are right there, these drinks are - as you say - not good for you. But does that deter people? No, of course not - it doesn't deter me either really, although I only drink Coke / Pepsi very rarely. I suppose that is still too much, but with the amount of boxed food I eat I've already knocked a decade off my life and I can't do too much more damage... can I?'

I do care, and I will try and drink less of these drinks in the future. I was just giving a stereotypical answer to your statement.
HoboPelican
tijn01 wrote:

I keep seeing people say this sort of stuff, but I never see anyone back it up with a valid study. So, come on, tijn01, show me what it is doing to my body. I drink a huge amount of diet coke daily and have done it for decades. I've discussed it with my Doc and Dentist and they have no issues with it. So, what is the basis for your claim that it is bad for you?

In large doses, anything can kill you, even water (remember the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest?). But that is not a valid basis to call whatever you don't like "poison".

And as mentioned above, Diet Coke for me! But it has to be in the bottle or can. When it comes to fountain drinks, they are all so poorly mixed that I will usually just get iced tea.
JC Vincent Pelletero
I like coca cola. but i also like pepsi. though i like sprite better. hehe
ThornsOfSorrow
I'm actually drinking a can of "Black Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola" right now, so it's pretty clear where my vote goes.
Vladalf
I don't drink anymore Coca-Cola or Pepsi, they don't have the same taste like they had before and they affect your health.
I drink YO! now. Very good juice! Very Happy
mialynavahy
hum, it doesn't taste the same, i prefer coca cola, it's perfect when you are thirsty and the weather is pretty warm
darrenpaul
I'm a CocaCola fan, Pepsi is too sweet.
william
HoboPelican wrote:
tijn01 wrote:

I keep seeing people say this sort of stuff, but I never see anyone back it up with a valid study. So, come on, tijn01, show me what it is doing to my body. I drink a huge amount of diet coke daily and have done it for decades. I've discussed it with my Doc and Dentist and they have no issues with it. So, what is the basis for your claim that it is bad for you?

In large doses, anything can kill you, even water (remember the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest?). But that is not a valid basis to call whatever you don't like "poison".

And as mentioned above, Diet Coke for me! But it has to be in the bottle or can. When it comes to fountain drinks, they are all so poorly mixed that I will usually just get iced tea.

I completely agree with that statement. Anything can kill you. Could be water, as you mentioned, could be air. How is it actually killing you? Sure, there are arguments as to why, but how come people don't say the same thing about juices (which may cause similar harm)?
catscratches
If I have too choose, I'll choose Pepsi, but I don't like soft drinks at all.
goutha
This very old topic still alive Smile

It seem that Coke won the game!
catscratches
But pepsi tastes better. Proved by science Surprised though Coca-Cola is more well-known and then you choose that to drink. It's your subconscious.
ninjakannon
catscratches wrote:
But pepsi tastes better. Proved by science Surprised though Coca-Cola is more well-known and then you choose that to drink. It's your subconscious.

I think we would all be very obliged if you'd tell us how it's been scientifically proven that Pepsi tastes better? I think you'll find that you can't scientifically prove something which is a matter of taste. Why? Because people are different, people will have different opinions of what is better.

Coca-Cola is better known because it's been better marketed around the globe - thus more people in the survey will say they like it over Pepsi because they don't have Pepsi. It might not even be in their part of the world. Furthermore, as Coke is better advertised / marketed people will think of having Coke, before having Pepsi. Unless, of course, they prefer Pepsi by an obvious margin.
Rako
I voted coke for 2 reasons.

1) coke is the original (the original is better as long as they don't rip you off)

2) because i drunk it all my life. (people get used to it so they naturally prefer)

now that i have drunk a bit of Pepsi it does seem flat but its not bad if there is no coke i would definentley drink it.
Captain Fertile
william wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:
tijn01 wrote:

I completely agree with that statement. Anything can kill you. Could be water, as you mentioned, could be air. How is it actually killing you? Sure, there are arguments as to why, but how come people don't say the same thing about juices (which may cause similar harm)?

Are there any 'reliable' studies reliesed containing facts that these drinks are that bad for you?

I too would like to add my request to see this information because it would be interesting to know if it exists.

As long as it is a eliable source producing the report of course.
ninjakannon
Captain Fertile wrote:

Are there any 'reliable' studies reliesed containing facts that these drinks are that bad for you?

I'll third that request.

I've just had a look at the ingredients of Coca Cola and noticed caffeine, which is a drug, a stimulant. I can't remember the exact effects it has on you after long term, regular consumption but they're not good. Also, a variety of flavourings are included; I would expect these flavourings to be bad for you, although I don't know what they really are - often artificial flavourings are bad for you these days, far worse than the sugar which they so commonly replace (some are believed to cause cancer).

It certainly contains: sugar, caramel, caffeine, phosphoric acid, coca leaf and kola nut extract, lime extract, flavouring mixture, vanilla and glycerine.

Now, read the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_formula wrote:
There is some debate whether the coca leaf extract cocaine is still present in Coca-Cola. Because cocaine is naturally present in coca leaves, some argue that today's Coca-Cola uses "spent", or treated, coca leaves, those that have been through a cocaine extraction process, to flavour the beverage. Others contend that this process cannot extract the cocaine alkaloids at a molecular level, and so the drink still contains trace amounts of the stimulant. The Coca-Cola Company currently refuses to comment on the continued presence of coca leaf in Coca-Cola.

Okay, so there's possibly cocaine present in Coca Cola? Well, I wouldn't have thought so, if there really is then the quantity would be so minute that it wouldn't do anyone any harm (unless they drunk loads of the stuff). However, the removal process would introduce chemicals into the drink which would almost certainly cause damage to the human body.

So I conclude, after minimal research, that Coca Cola is bad for you in large amounts. However, a small amount now and then shouldn't damage you in the long run, although there is possibly some lasting effect which it will have. Maybe it will shorten your life by a few days for every glass you have?
HoboPelican
Quote:
However, the removal process would introduce chemicals into the drink which would almost certainly cause damage to the human body.

Now that is a statement I might have issue with Smile. Not being a food scientist, i don't know how they process the syrup, but you are assuming it adds chemicals (not necessarily true) and then you state that chemicals "would almost certainly cause damage to the human body". Why? Are we assuming all chemicals are bad? (I'm pretty sure you don't mean that. H2O is a chemical)

I'm willing to listen to debate on the danger issue, but for the record, I drink on the average of 12 diet Cokes/day. Have done it for over 20 years. I have discussed it with my Doc and his only issue is with the caffeine and sleeping. And he said as long as I can sleep that isn't a worry either.

Now, my doc may not know everything there is to know about it, but he does have some knowledge of the how the body works. Until I see real studies, I have to assume it is harmless in reasonable quantities.
ericquadros
Pepsi is better then Coca-Cola
100% Pepsi
SpellcasterDX
Pepsi all the way. I prefer it's crisp, cool, refreshing taste over Coca-Cola's robust taste. I can taste the small difference between them, each good in their own way, but, Pepsi still gets my vote because I prefer it overall. Every aspect of it.
bassman
I really like coke the best as far as colas go. Although, they're almost so different in taste that it really depends on the mood. Ditto for mountain dew--it's a great drink. Although my favorite drink is Dr. Pepper, which is distributed by Coke, Pepsi, and sometimes third party vendors, depending on the locale.
ninjakannon
HoboPelican wrote:
but you are assuming it adds chemicals

Yeah, I was assuming that. And, of course, there's always the possibility that it's a perfectly clean / healthy method, or that if chemicals are used, they are completely harmless to the body. It's just that often these days companies use chemical processes which leave damaging chemicals in the body. Why? Because it's cheaper and quicker. I would hope the Coca Cola Company sees past this.

Do you not agree though, HoboPelican, that water would be better for you than Coke?
HoboPelican
ninjakannon wrote:
Do you not agree though, HoboPelican, that water would be better for you than Coke?

I was going to respond "of course, no dispute about that", but I waited to long and thought about it a bit more. I got hung up on the word "better". Would I notice a difference? I don't think so. There would be an adjustment to the lower caffeine levels, but I go through that when ever I do an extended camping trip and it's never bothered me.

The only other difference I can think of (and I am NOT an expert) is wear and tear on kidneys and liver. I don't know much about how things are filtered there, but I can imagine that anything with a more complex structure than water could be a problem in the long run. That would include fruit juices, milk, tea, beets, meat, etc. So, water might be better for you in this area, but I really don't have the knowledge to assess the actual effect.

I suppose sugar should be mentioned, even though I am a sugar free drinker. Any drink with sugar probably has an effect on your teeth, but, with proper dental care, I doubt it is noticeable. And I wouldn't say the calories in soft drinks makes water better. Calories in them self are necessary. Any imbalance between calorie intake and exercise is due to the user and shouldn't be blamed on the food.

That said, even if there was was a slight, even moderate effect on my health caused by drinking colas, I would still do it. I prefer to live life, not extend it. I do a lot of things that statistically make survival less likely, but make life more enjoyable. Recreational flying, kayaking, driving a bit too fast, good food (and bad food), they all are not "the best" choices for a long life. But they do make my life more enjoyable!

Is water better? I really don't know. Maybe. But I'm not gonna worry about it until I see actual studies showing the risks.

Laughing See what happens when I think about something too much! Diet Coke is it for me!
ninjakannon
HoboPelican, you mention a lot of things I hadn't even thought about there.

In terms of wear and tear to your kidneys and liver, I would not think Coke would have much effect on your Kidneys - they regulate the amount of water you have in your blood and also remove poisons from your blood system; unless there are dangerous chemicals in Coke then you need not worry about your kidneys. Your liver may take a bit of wear and tear from Coke though, I really don't know. If it does, then I would expect the damage (if you can call it that) from Coke would be as bad as processed fruit juices (just using one of your examples) but worse than, for example, pure apple juice as a result of the substances added into the drink.

If your doctor says what you're doing is okay then that's fine by me, I just hope you have something close to the recommended average water intake every day. It's supposed to be two litres, although I'm sure one and some healthy food would be just fine (remembering that a lot of foods contain water).

If there's a choice between Coke and Diet Coke I always choose Coke as I'm adamant that the artificial sweeteners (and whatever else they add) are far worse for you than sugar itself (and whatever else is [partially] removed).

By the way, a note on driving quickly because it makes your life "more enjoyable". You'll regret it if you hurt yourself; you’ll regret it if you cause lifelong damage to yourself; you'll regret it if you injure someone; you'll regret it if you cause lifelong damage someone; you'll regret it if you kill someone. Imagine living in a jail cell with the knowledge that you had been the killer of an innocent person. Or, imagine lying in a hospital bed for 20 years waiting to die. Driving too fast is not "more enjoyable".
But let's not get sidetracked, we don't want to talk about the helpless child lying in the road with over 10 broken bones and the broken hearts of two loving parents in this thread [or any thread?].
funnyerror
in my opinion, coca cola and pepsi taste exactly the same... I even did a test on my friend, he couldnt tell the difference without the lables...

-FE
lady_yavanna
i reckon coke tastes alot crisper than pepsi, therefore i like coke beta. but i cud b a lil biased coz my dad works 4 coke Laughing

but seriously, i do like coke beta Wink
battousai
coke is a bit sweeter imo on one hand ....on the other hand u can feel the actual cola-plant taste in pepsi
violetgnu
I think the real question is - why are there 14 pages of replies to this, and why does the eternal battle of coke vs pepsi intrigue us so? Have we absorbed the idealisms of the coke vs pepsi marketing plans and really become loyal to one or the other brands? What has happened to free thought, why can't it be BOTH coke and pepsi? Don't listen to the coke/pepsi corporations, listen to your tastebuds.

Drink Moxie!

(sarcasm, folks)
erlendhg
I am not one of those guys who have sweared to one of the brands. I am just used to but Coca-Cola, and that´s it.
I buy it, even when I don't like what Coca-Cola and Pepsi has done as the years have went by... I am not sure to blaim my self for that or not. At the same time, I don't want to be a hippie.
Malchior
cnnet wrote:
I don't like them
they taste bad
I'd like to drink juice

They're not bad, they're actually both ok. But I personally would prefer coke than pepsi. I like coke because of it's taste and I can't deny that it's sweeter than pepsi. But my favorite would be coke lite. It may not be sweeter but it's taste is the best for me. I also like the sugarfree idea.

I like drinking juice too because it's a better thirst-quencher than any soda there is. But if I'm really thirsty, I really would rather drink plain water. Smile
Nike
Where answer -I hate thats all!!!???
But i like a pepsi!!! Smile
Billwaa
I preferr coke, just because they are reallly the first kind I ever drank. Plus, pesi is a bit too sweet.
shamy
I like coca-cola more , I diagree too that some people say that they are same test , any one can find the differince...
Fuzzy-Duck
cnnet wrote:
I don't like them
they taste bad
I'd like to drink juice

I half agree - I'm one of the few people who dislike cola in all it's fizzy forms! I was slightly annoyed there was no "neither" option in the poll to be honest - maybe I could claim some kind of discrimination?!

For the record i'm fine with lemonade, fizzy orange, dr Pepper etc - any other pop apart from cola and cherry cola...

But I love cola bottle sweets - weird!

Cheers,
fuzzy
xlife
For me it's Pepsi coca-cola it's just a copy of the best brand Laughing
bearso14
I always drink coca-cola, I've tried pepsi but there's just something about the taste in coca-cola that I like, and ever since I was little my parents would only buy coca-cola so I guess it's just a habit or something for me.
charisco
Ok, I am going to give a little bit of a different twist to this whole Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola battle. I drink diet soda. Now, I used to drink Diet Pepsi, however have recently switched to Diet Coke. Reason for me is more than just taste. The major reason I switched was I found out that the Pepsico company came out in support of abortion, which as a Christian I am against, therefore, when given the choice, I will choose the Coca-Cola product when able.
Dimaod
william wrote:

...It might also depend on the fact, if one likes Britney Spears, or not Laughing
bri4n5
Here in Cuba, pepsi is rarely, and I've always liked Coca Cola.
Mr_CEO
I agree, Coca-Cola Wins hands down. I do like some Pepsi products like Mountain Dew and PEPSI BLUE (They need to bring it back!!). Coca Cola tests way better than Pepsi and I have been drinking it for so long now that I can taste the difference and can truly say that I like Coke better.

What gets me is all the marketing that goes into selling these products. Dave Chappelle has done commercials for both Coke and Pepsi. I remember one commercial he coaxed bank robbers out of a bank by turning off the air conditioning and drinking a coke in plain site. I can't remember his Pepsi commercial off hand but whatever it is he is still allowed to come back to Rutgers University.

Rutgers University from 1995 to 2005 were sponsored by Coke. Which meant that while on the Rutgers New Brunswick campus (I cannot speak for Newark or Camden because I only studied in New Brunswick) you could only buy Coca Cola products on campus. No Pepsi, no RC cola. However in summer of 2005 the contract with Coke was up and Rutgers decided to make the Pepsi switch, so now all you can buy on campus. However there was a brief moment when you could buy the remainder of the Coca Cola stuff at rock bottom prices.
soulery
I like coke, although sometimes when I want something sweet I will drink Pepsi.
LeatherRose
i would honestly have to say pepsi

after a while coke gives you this dry funky taste in your mouth.
J-Evil
I prefer Coke over Pepsi. don't quite know why... maybe it's the taste.
biljap
I don’t drink Coca Cola very often and when I don’t drink a lot because after two glasses I feel like I’m drinking sugar and I don’t feel good. But I like its taste much more than Pepsi’s because of that cherry flavors… I don’t like it.
Peterssidan
I have thoght that they where the same company. probably this is some fact that I got into my head when I was younger and never have thought about if it's true. I think I like pepsi more but It'sonly because Coca-cola feels like a bigger market and I'm not drinking either of them.
orion_crown1
anyone know why coke is called coke

it used to have cocaine in it.
yo.hassan
well, i like pepsi. coca cola is my third choice
standready
Neither! I like Royal Crown Cola (RC). Good taste, no hype.
friuser
I like both. I notice pepsi has a really sharp feeling gulping it down. I can tell the difference between the two.

My sister in law is addicted to pepsi. She has to get her fix and coca cola just doesn't work.
Weird huh?

I perfer dr. pepper as well if there was a choice between the three.
silverdown
I'm more of a juice and water person only because I am overweight and need to loose some poundage.
soulery
Here's my favroite pop list:

1. AW root beer
2. Coca-cola
3. Mellow yellow and Mountain dew
4. Pepsi
5. any grape pop

AT THE BOTTOM:
Dr. pepper.

I don't like dr. pepper, because I think it's too... I don't know, strong.
Vinayak619
Coke is d best n it serves good
Chill!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
f-spider
charisco wrote:
Ok, I am going to give a little bit of a different twist to this whole Pepsi vs. Coca-Cola battle. I drink diet soda. Now, I used to drink Diet Pepsi, however have recently switched to Diet Coke. Reason for me is more than just taste. The major reason I switched was I found out that the Pepsico company came out in support of abortion, which as a Christian I am against, therefore, when given the choice, I will choose the Coca-Cola product when able.

Really? I can't stand all the diet/light options of soft drink... it's kind of pointless really. Oh well.

I'm a coke man, however I still love Pepsi. But Coke takes the cake.

f-spider
Utopia GFR
Well, it's not really easy to decide whether I would rather fancy Coke than Pepsi.

Pepsi is not as popular here in Brussels as it is in the States or other countries, therefore my conclusion would be quite fallacious and related to people who say that both beverages taste the same.

I've never really been selective on refreshments as their main purpose would be to immediately dehydrate my thirst, regardless of any other side physical consequences.

Presently, I only drink Coke (and derivatives) once in a while when I don't really have other choices left like in festival bars Smile

Mineral water, fruit juice and of course beer (Belgium rocks on that point!) are what I mainly drink on a daily basis Smile
KronikSindrome
DR PEPPER!!!!!!!!!

but.....it depends on what you MIX them with...

Rum? it has to be coke.

Vodka? Pepsi.

Twisted Evil
divinitywolf
i prefer coke.
Pepsi just doesnt taste as nice.
Coke seems to have a richer taste some how and cokes just the more popular one that everyone associates with fizzy drinks XD
PatTheGreat42
Pepsi is way better.

Mostly 'cause it's sweeter.

But dagnabbit I like my sugar. Hmmm sugar. If only they'd add more caffeine... perfect.
raine dragon
If it's the normal stuff, pepsi hands down.

If it's diet, I'd rather it be coke. oh! and diet cherry coke beats normal diet coke too.
lethaltriad
I like a variety.. if i drink too much Pepsi then instantly Coke tastes better to me.. Overal though I think I may enjoy Coke a little bit more than Pepsi.
Damarus
I like them both, maybe pepsi a bit more, but sprite is the best for me... Smile
the-guide
I don't like both, I don't like all aerated water. I drink only pure water and sometime fruit juice.
I think aerated water never provide benefit for our health. Confused
sgonzales
i like ginger ale water and vitamin water Neutral but can be persuaded to drink pepsi if there is nothing else around
Liques
Pepsi is better Razz

Mora sweet and healthful.
romeolovejully
i like pepsi, it's so good Razz
rightclickscott
This thread is still alive!? What the hell, people!? Drink some Fuego or something!
Billwaa
I think Coke have a bit more gas and pepsi is a bit sweeter, which I don't like.
rlzd
I love Coca-Cola, but if the only thing is Pepsi in the store, ofcourse I will drink it!
Though, I would taste the difference from them
McDucque
It's kinda weird, I really dont drink regular soda. I prefer Diet Coke over Diet Pepsi, but Pepsi over regular Coca-Cola.
Ducksteina
both are ok... but i prefer Coca-Cola
Donutey
I like pepsi, but probably because I have a sweet tooth. Of course, I only wear coca cola t shirts Rolling Eyes. However, I don't like being hooked on caffeine so I get the caffeine free version, or just drink anything else (though rarely water, and semi rarely soda).
tempdbs
heeeee.....!

I donot like none of the both as they will be having rusty smell.. Nah...! Crying or Very sad

I like fruit juices...
heinrich666
Pepsi for the win!
nivinjoy
I love pepsi...

You know something this Coca-Cola was banned in our state in India because they found out the presence of pesticides in it....

I dont say that both of it or any other drinks of these sorts are good but i personally prefer and like drinking Pepsi...
Rico
In South Africa Coke buys up all the Pepsi to prevent people to get a taste for it. I like the Pepsi logo more than the Coke one, both taste like cola. I prefer chocolate milk.
Tweek89
Hmm I prefer Coca-Cola Smile , Pepsi is too sweet
tijn01
To be quite honest with y'all I can't stand either of them.... we like to call it draino and apart from removing rust and clearing an NGT it is waste
alem
neither of them i drink. they are acidic and its harmful for stomach. and they say cafein makes addiction which i don't want to have...
ConquerSockets
Hi all!

Well this is a pretty nice question haha hmm hard to deceide too!

What I know though is that pepsi has more suggar! So I like suggared (haha nice word) things...

But well I voted for pepsi because it is generally what I buy not because it's better, because the coca cola in 1 glass bottles are really nice!

alex
vinx_18
I just love coca-cola...It quench my thirst..And it feels like my body wants it more...Cheers for those who likes coca-cola...I just simply love the taste of coca cola...
typingphenom2007
I would have to go with Pepsi because Cola-Cola tastes too sweet for me.
kiranaghor
Pepsi and Coca cola - both suck bigtime. I hate them.
skygaia
Actually I don't like Coke... I have been told from my parents that coke is very dangerous junk food.. Shocked .. so I would like drink tea or juice instead of coke since young.. But I was told that brand name of coca is very expensive... perhaps it might be higer than original recipy of coke.
riv_
OK, I confess. I am such an addict, I don't care; I'll drink either.
Every now and then I decide I'm going to be healthy-ish, and I quit, but it never seems to last.
At this exact moment, i'm drinking generic, store brand Cola. Shocked And I'm OK with that. Caffeine, sugar, bubbles. I'm a happy camper! Wink
k_s_baskar
My vote is for Coke.
The real energy booster
Smile
indianinworld
Not really good choice.

As far as my knowledge goes, In our country, the most successful drink is Coke. However people have contrary views on this. And coke is dedicated only to cold refreshing drinks, Pepsi has even entered the non-drink markets too with chats and snacks. These products are quiet popular.

When i go out, i usually take coke. If coke is not available then go in either Pepsi or Miranda.

Happy drinking Smile

Keep Smiling
starngao
Coca-Cola My favorite Razz
Bagpipe
Coke and nothing but. They don't have it, I order water...
pronez
I think coca-cola taste a bit different than a pepsi.
But pepsi is cheaper.
Coca-cola is better.
rheanna
I hate Coke but I Love Pepsi
underwater76
I prefer coke because it's not like pepsi that sweet
eku53ru
If I were to choose between the two brands, I would have to say that I would not pick one over the other; instead, I'd go for neither. I recently tried Pepsi after a long time of not drinking it--a couple of sips left my teeth feeling like the enamel covering was being worn away at an accelerated pace. Coca-Cola is something I have not tasted in a while, so I am unsure of whether or not it would produce the same effect.
Fake
Coke. COke, and always Coke Laughing
CMA
I usually go for Pepsi when I have a choice. While Coke has a stronger taste, Pepsi is a lot sweeter, but I still choose it mostly. Not that I care, I like both...

...However, my #1 choice is still Ice Tea... xD
tijn01
Neither, coke is full of sugar or other artificial sweeteners and absolutely not healthy!
BLAK
Same!!!
Juice is much better than Coke/Pepsi, but I also like Fanta and Oasis!!!
and polish carrot juice called Kubus yhm.... delicious Smile
volotao
I prefer pepsi, but both are almost "similar", not equal. They say to have a "cola" taste, but this is something imprecise in taste. Coke or Pepsi? I believe you can be adapted to both, just drinking always the same drink. But the marketing matters more than the taste. I have a medical restriction about sodas and now I am not drinking Pepsi nor Coke.
web_harman
coke is better than pepsi as coke is more stronger in taste and also it not much sweeter .. pepsi is also nice. i m fond of cold drinks and i dont basically much of the difference between coke and pepsi but on some time coke becomes my favourite and some cases pepsi so i am very confused so please help me in solving my problem and confusion ithink all the people will help me solving my problem .. i love cold drinks as i love girls . we must taste all the flavour as i have all the flabvours of cold drinks but my girl friend would always be the same so coke and pepsi jo martzi pee lo ha tha thanda hi na kuch hor ta nahi hai. je paise nahi karachne ta pani pee lo samjhe. chakde india
BPrice
as the advert says "allways coca-cola" when I was a teenager I didn't drink anything but coca-cola.
I can always tell the difference coca-cola and pepsi.
furtasacra
I think Pepsi and Coke both taste like malted battery acid. Unsweetened iced tea for me, please.
thejam
I don't really prefer the one or another. if i want to drink cola, i don't mind drinking pepsi or coca cola.
However if i should pick one it would be Coca cola. It's a interresting brand. Many actually say its the strongest brand in the world, and represents more than just a soft drink ( weather this is a good or a bad reputation) I like the Logo and some of the marketingstuff they do. Almost every 10+ bilion city has some sort of big-ass Coke mark somewhere. ( here in Shanghai it's a huge neon old-schoool coke bottle, wich is at least 20M high). I think these things are original, and i like them more than another commercial or standard billboard. They should get the old glass bottle back though...
smartpandian
I like both...
gladius
I have no doubt, I really prefer coca-cola.
and you, dude?
Here we don't enjoy the pepsi flavor.
vineeth
In India, we started saying goodbye to both as the Center for Science and Enviornment (CSE), a NGO working wih enviornmental issues, detected that it contains excess amounts of pesticides. You can go through the articile at http://www.cseindia.org/misc/cola-indepth/cola2006/cola-index.htm

This is a sample of their report's data...

We prefer fresh juice and tendor coconut instead !
304esque
I have canadian friends, i'm studying in australia and i'm natively malaysian. America is everywhere on the internet that i find out things without even wanting to.

That said, I found out that Pepsi is more popular in malaysia and canada, whereas coke dominates more in australia and america.

I'm more biased towards Pepsi myself. I feel that even yes, pepsi is sweeter, but coke is also alot more carbonated.

It's something like the regional tastebuds i think. Coke wins in america, but in some other countries, Pepsi does better.
Magicman
I'd rather have a sprite or root beer but my choice in cola is Pepsi. Coke tastes too acidic or overly carbonated; I'm not really sure what I don't like about it.
Ecthelion
I prefere Coca cola, pepsi have strange Taste.... :/
rafael2112
The coca-cola has been better in my country(brazil),Today it is not good,are very sweet

The pepsi there is not much success Confused

Incredible find the coca-cola in remote places as bars of cities and small inside.
kicy
Coke Smile, which for some reason I call soda.

I goto burger king and they ask me what kind of drink I want and I tell them I want soda. Then they ask me what kind of soda... happens almost every time.
indianinworld
i dont find much difference... Whenever i eat spicy food, i like to drink any of these.... Sometimes you become a addict to this [Wink]

Happy Drinking

Keep SMling - Keep Living

zjosie729
I don't like these type of drink in general, so I've never really had that much of them. But last year someone did a project on which one people like better, so I tasted them, and at that time I thought Pepsi was better.
WRC Meister
i voted pepsi, but i dont drink coke at all
smspno
None of them. They are not that tasty that I could drink them Razz. I'd rather have either Mountain Dew or Sprite.
uuuuuu
My drink of choice is water.
It's healthy, it's necessary for life, and when it's clean it tastes great.

Health considerations aside, my wife drinks diet coke, so by association, that's what I have to drink too - it's what we have around the house.

But I prefer the taste of Pepsi, it just tastes better!

Does anybody remember the Pepsi Challenge, back in the 1980s?
Most of you probably weren't alive then, but do a Google search.

The challenge is designed to be a direct response to critics who allege that Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola are identical drinks, with no meaningful differences. The challenge takes the form of a taste test. At malls, shopping centers and other public locations, a Pepsi representative sets up a table with two blank cups: one containing Pepsi and one with Coke. Shoppers are encouraged to taste both colas, and then select which drink they prefer. Then the representative reveals the two bottles so the taster can see whether they preferred Coke or Pepsi. The results of the test leaned toward a consensus that Pepsi was preferred by more Americans.

So, the conclusion of this poll and the data from the Pepsi challenge are skewed!

Tell your mom hi for me,

Uwe
alyer
No one of them. They are chemical poisons Smile I preffer a natural drinks (juice).
jeremyp
In double blind taste tests most people can't pick out their "favourite" cola from among several samples.
skygaia
I think it's very competive market in beverage area. I'd like coke but my wife likes pepsi... Laughing
gr8inferno
pepsi prefferebly- however I seldom drink soda.
singh.gurjeet
The voting options should have allowed for a third, neutral option; coz' both these brands are a waste of money at best.
thejam
Coca cola for sure. If its a taste thing, i prefer Coca cola, and if its a brand thing a would say Coke too. Its impressive how big the brand Coca cola is. Some marketeers even say its the biggest brand in the world. And that for a softdrink.
d5c4b3
i like coke better out of the 2 but i like dr pepper better than both of them Very Happy
cLean
Dr pepper is my fav i know its not part of the chat.. but out of the two. Id say Coke. Very Happy
KatanaSky
If I had to choose regular coke or pepsi - I would choose Coca Cola. If it was died coke or diet pepsi, I would choose Diet Pepsi.

I prefer tea, coffee, or water though when it comes to beverages.
goutha
I prefer Coca-Cole. But I rarely drink soda. Once every two or three months.
jsymac
I've always prefered coke to pepsi, just tastes that much nicer
Rusakko
Original is best => Coca-Cola.
Shewolf
They both taste pretty bad, but if I had to choose Coca Cola would be the one. I suppose it's just a habit, or the fact that it's still possible to buy coke in a glass bottle. Soda in general tasts better without the plastic flavor Confused
jochan
The Pepsi in the 80 was much more tasty that the Coca-Cola ... However, of the 90 on the Coca-Cola dominated....
However, even good Kuat Guarana is a very cold "-_-"
eienkisu
Pepsi is less sweet compared to Coca cola?

Coke Lime is nice!
tony
what a great poll!? it is the classic question we always ask. as for myself, i do like the taste of pepsi, but there is something about coke which is better. maybe it is that aftertaste which is better. do they use different ingredients for that? maybe the sugar is refined differently or something... i dont' know but i do prefer coke. well that is just me. everyone is entitled to their own opinion Smile
Keran
I drink Coca-Cola more often, but I like Pepsi more than Coke...
hoodline
too me pepsi tastes like a watered down version of coke cola

i like coke :sniff: Laughing
Karel_vanroye
As long as it is ice-cold it does not really matters!
genchan
Never into soda drinks myself. Just don't like gassy drinks. But the other day, I tried diet coke for my first time, it taste ok... No matter what, I would still settle for plain water Very Happy
Arseniy
I don't care, I like pure water or lemonade. Coca-cola and Pepsi can provide cancer!
And I don't like it's taste.
roninmedia
I don't drink soda that often but also considering their other products, I like Pepsi more. I also just happen to have Pepsi more readily available because of the contract my university has with Pepsi. They provide all purchasable beverages for my university. My university also invented Gatorade so Pepsi does gives us money based on some of the sales totals for Gatorade.
ptfrances
I prefer Coca because the quality of the Pepsi is too different from a place to another.
The Coca is always good, I think
Wink
James_Hicks
Pepsi just taste like a flat cola, especially the diet. I'd rather drink an RC or whatever generic cola the store has to offer before I'd buy a Pepsi. Coke has a unique tang to it. I just wish they'd portray polar bears in their natural state. Not playing ball with a penguin. We all know the polar wouldn't play with seals. They'd knock their head off with one swipe of the paw.
HamsterMan
I've never tasted any difference in em, but then I'm not a regular drinker of neither either.
visualconcepts
i drink thumbs Up.... but when there's no thumbs i prefer Coca - Cola, pespi taste's sweet... and its not hard.
xtupie
If I must choose it would be Coke Cola hands down!!!!

Pepsi taste too much like Soda water!!!

I prefer to drink Fruit juices and if I must have a soda then
I like Ginger beer or Root beer.
rockstarboi
Personally I like Pepsi better because coke can get old and boring, this is because coke doesn't go good with everything. Example, coke goes HORRIBLE with popcorn, pepsi goes great with popcorn.

Thats mostly why I like pepsi better.
bigdan
Here in Australia, Pepsi have been forced to slash the cost of their product by up to half because they're being thrashed by Coca-Cola. I notice in my local supermarket that 24 can packs of Pepsi product is often cheaper than 24 can pack of Coke product. Is that happening anywhere else around the world?
Dadde
Always coca cola

pêpsi has a bad aftertaste
kitsune99
i prefer colacola..i think it is better then pepsi
deanhills
I have never liked the taste of Coke. Never understood why it has lasted this long, has to be a very good marketing strategy, maybe people grow up with the stuff for generations.

I hate the colour of it, tastes much too sweet. Ditto Pepsi.

Think water is much preferable or flavoured drinks with a fresh taste, such as lemon.
aadler82
I try to avoid sodas, but Coke tastes better than Pepsi in any given case. Pepsi is too sweet and syrupy. Coke on the other hand is crisp and DELICIOUS!
Bluedoll
They taste different. I find pepsi sweeter. Coke is always coke.
soldeinvierno
coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke

it's clear?? Wink
supernova1987a
Oh! thats a long topic there!
Most of the people love coke. However, people from different walks of life have time and again said that these drinks are not good for health. Why do these people not care about the smoke from a vehicle? Overuse of petroleum? Smoking cigarrates? Alcoholism? etc which are more dangerous to health? I think all these allegations are only to defame the Coke manufacturers and reduce its business, because it is very popular.
Recently, in Nepal, TV channels aired of the supposed contamination in the Coca Cola (Coke) bottles. The TV showed of plastic materials and other solid particles inside the bottles of several soft drinks and mineral water bottles. Though this is not the first time Nepalis have witnessed such an occurence, people still continue to drink the soft drinks and buy packaged water.
I prefer Coke to Pepsi, due to its taste and any such allegation made to Coke manufacturers don't stop me from drinking it. Also, sometimes to change taste, I drink Pepsi, and sometimes due to unavailability. Idea
a.Bird
supernova1987a wrote:
Most of the people love coke. However, people from different walks of life have time and again said that these drinks are not good for health. Why do these people not care about the smoke from a vehicle? Overuse of petroleum? Smoking cigarrates? Alcoholism? etc which are more dangerous to health?
Maybe because the focus of this thread is on soft drinks.

supernova1987a wrote:
I think all these allegations are only to defame the Coke manufacturers and reduce its business, because it is very popular.
Perhaps you are correct. Perhaps it's frightening to think that one company has nearly out-branded the other, or in fact, has out-branded YOU.
quilledbroomstick
I can definitely taste a difference....I prefer regular pepsi over regular coke because of the after tastes that coke leaves behind....However, since I only drink diet now, both are equally tasty to me so I now have no preference.
thurain
coke
b3no
coke by a long shot!

..theres just something about pepsi that makes me sick!
Thumpercats
I can taste the difference between the two!

MY family are mostly pepsi drinkers, but there is always a coca cola bottle in the house.

I tend to drink Pepsi when I am relaxing or about to go to sleep.

I tend to drink Coca-cola when I need a pickme up, or when I am about to play video games. Don't know why but I get more in the mood when I drink a coke!
Soulfire
I don't get it, Coke tastes like liquid metal (like that metallic scent that attaches to you when you run your hand along metal).

And my dad worked for Pepsi for 25 years, so I grew up on Pepsi.

Looove it.

'Specially Diet Pepsi, tastes less like syrup to me.
pretty-dreamz
I like Pepsi better. I hate coke.
Dean_The_Great
I once went to one of those Pepsi Challenge booths, where they give you coke and pepsi in unmarked cups and make you choose which you like more. I said Coke first (I just chose to, because they both have easily recognizable tastes) and then Pepsi the next day when I was there (because I wanted to see if you'd get a better prize... nope) but the real difference for me is in the other products.

I prefer Barqs rootbeer (Coke) over Mug (Pepsi). Similarly, I prefer Sprite over 7Up. Although the differences between the latter are few.
bellebello
Coke Zero is way better than diet coke. Pepsi just tastes weird.
Haelyn
Hmmm. Weird that so many like coke, apparently. It is a Brand thing. They have done double-blind studies, and people on average prefer the taste of pepsi. Probably because it is sweeter -- which will influence a small sampling test. By this I mean, a small amount of pepsi, being sweeter, will create a more pronounced response, then a small sample of coke. On a larger test, it is very possible that people may lean towards coke -- pepsi could give an overdose of sugar response, and dull its 'goodness' after a while.

Personally, I don't really like either. Smile
radiodj20
oke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke

lol.... the way I look at it... pepsi is a cheeper version of coke

Smile
Black2key
coke ke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke ke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke coke

Mine xD~
But ive never drunk pepsi..
habboonefm
pepsi all the way Smile
habboonefm
pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi pepsi
crazycxc
I prefer coca cola it is yammy
Shazephre
william wrote:

Pepsi all the way. I've never really tasted the difference or really cared for it... If I went into a shop and saw a coke and pepsi can same price and both just regular I would pick up the pepsi out of natural reaction. The Coca-Cola vs Pepsi arguement is never going to end and has no conclusion.
mewmewlazlo
Pepsi. I guess i like the look of word better. P-e-p-s-i. Coke makes me think of the drug and then i get less of the urge to drink it over pepsi. I only taste a slight difference in the two.
eday2010
bjwok wrote:
found this interesting link for those who want to do a bit more research...

http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp/sugar012304.cfm

It's not so much the sugar that makes soft drinks bad, it's the kind of sugar used. If they used real sugar in pop, then it wouldn't be as bad for you because the body can easily break the sugar down into energy. But because they now use High Fructose Corn Syrup, it becomes fat since the body has a difficult time breakign down this modified sugar.

I worked with someone recently from Lebanon who also lived in the Middle East. When he lived in Saudi Arabia with his family, they drank a lot of pop, especially his mom. Pepsi, orange Crush, Sprite, etc. It came from Europe and was made with real sugar. No problems. They eventaully moved to Canada. Soft drink intake stayed the same but it's no longer made with real sugar here, and his mom blew up like a blowfish.

If the diet stuff didn't taste like ass, as in aspertame, I would drink it. But the stuff is gross. I wish they didn't discontinue Coca~Cola C2. That was like a half diet cola, and it was great.
Jarco
coca-cola is my preferred one although i do drink Pepsi if there is nothing else Wink
space80
Coca-Cola is ALL nasty. Yuck. I can't even drink it, it tastes like liquid metal (not that I would know exactly how that tastes, but still).

Pepsi all the way. I really like Diet Pepsi. PEPSI PEPSI PEPSI with lemon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wmmullaney
Coke is way way better than Pepsi, just my opinion.
Rajiev
I don't like both. But i hate coke more than pepsi.

But then again, if you wanna drink a coke I think coke is the original thing.

But i never drink coke if there is no other drink. There is some very bad ingredients (ie. aspartam) in coke. Coke is not good for your health at all
j_f_k
both just as c**P as each other and refuse to dring either of them.

in younger days when i would drink i couldn't tell the difference - so really don't know what the fuss is about. me i prefer to have real teeth not the cilla-black oscillilating in mouth variety - hence can't offer an opinion if they've changed in any way (which i doubt)
PatTheGreat42
Will this thread ever die?
u4713242
Love Coke
leosthenerd
Coke is awesome but I could never really choose between the two, somehow I end up drinking pepsi more often than not...
ptfrances
Tha quality of Pepsi is very different from a country to another and I don't know why (maybe the water they use). This is not the case with Coca... Smile
Vitalist
I prefer Coca-Cola.
But most of the time I drink RC Cola, because RC is cheaper an also has a nice taste.....
bleizer
COKE forever! Smile
Long time ago i was thinking that pepsi copied coke...
codyb113
Coke by farrrrr..
Pepsi is basically coke but flat :S
sulavaryal
in places like where i live children pee on coke and pepsi bottle and company does not wash it just fills.
hogwartstr

Cola Turca Number One Cool Laughing
Dean_The_Great
Now here's a question: which of the seperate product lines do you like more?

For example:

7up vs. Sprite
Mug Root Beer vs. Barqs

I go with Coke products on both occasions (Sprite and Barqs).
psycosquirrel
Hmm, tough one.

I voted Pepsi because I love Mountain Dew...

I usually just drink juice, water, or milk though. The phosphates in soda are bad for you.
Zach25
I like coke the best, just because I've been drinking it a lot lately
ankitdatashn
arre any thing which I get to drink and tastes ok and satifies the thirst is ok, In India it doesn't matter which beverage you drink, but it matters more that what you drink is advertised by which actor or actress, people generally tend to drink the brand of beverage sported by more famous filmstar, I personally like both pepsi and coca-cola but pepsi is said to be a bit sweeter then coca-cola, and when pepsi is out of gas it tastes horrible...
gregge123
Coca Cola for sure, whenever I can choose between the two of them, I choose Coca Cola.
RosenCruz
I enjoy the Coca Cola more ..it has a better taste for me ..pepsi includes more sugar i guess.. Rolling Eyes
nigam
I prefer Coca Cola...It is quite surprising that a lot of people chose Coca Cola where in fact, I have heard from my cousin leaving outside our country that most of white people loves to drink pepsi rather than coke due to its sweetness of its taste. hmmm...but anways, filipinos would prefer to drink coke not pepsi.
PatTheGreat42
Will this thread ever die? It's gone on too long. People only post here to earn points. No one really cares who likes Pepsi or Coke more. It's moot. It's irrelevant. It's dead. Let's move on. Proposal for new thread: What do you like more, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper?

Dr. Pepper is totally better.
moray
it depends on where are you from !!!!!!!!!!!
in countries where Pepsi is dominant (like where I come from), you are used to the taste of Pepsi and you will probably never get used to Coke.
It works the other way too ... it is like developing a taste for cigarettes .. you get used to one kind and you never settle for the others except after a lot of trials
also in chocolates, beer, etc ...
soljarag
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
Will this thread ever die? It's gone on too long. People only post here to earn points. No one really cares who likes Pepsi or Coke more. It's moot. It's irrelevant. It's dead. Let's move on. Proposal for new thread: What do you like more, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper?

Dr. Pepper is totally better.

haha.... i don't notice any difference... and yeah.. I only drink them with liquor... rest of the time i get dr. pepper
crabfish
I have to say that I am a big fan of Coca Cola. It tastes more 'caramelly' than Pepsi. Pepsi just tastes a bit sweeter with a less satisfying flavor.
Aredon
rafifaisal wrote:
:O You dare insult the glory that is wild cherry pepsi!?
maddenguides
Soda's not the way to go.. Drink water, iced teas, or gatorades!
Silk2008
Well my favorite is Mt Dew which is a Pepsi product. But when it comes to cola. Coke is definately the best.
kogoot
I don't really see/feel a difference between them, but Cola is better advertised Very Happy
jurl
coca cola of course!!
but accordingly its cost more than pepsi...
but..who cares?!! LOL
darrenfinch
What ever happened to Diet Coke with Vanilla?

btw - Coke rules over Pepsi any day - but I tend to drink Sprite and Mountain Dew now anyways (too many years of being the designated driver!)
WicCaesar
I disagree too. The Coke's poison is tastier than Pepsi's.

But, as I live in Brazil, I really prefer Guaraná Jesus. To begin, it's colour is really attractive. It's pink, it looks like liquid bubblegum. And it's flavour is absolutely awesome. It has cinnamon and other ingredients that makes it taste exquisite!

It was invented accidentally by an atheist called Jesus! It's so popular that The Coca-Cola Company bought the recipe and the rights over the drink and only sells it at Maranhão, to avoid spreading it's popularity all over the country.
Trove-DnD
my favorite soda is Dr. Pepper, so pepsi, because dr. pepper is a pepsi product.
Mountain dew is good too, which is also a pepsi product
incidentaly, my favorite bottled water, Aquafina, is a pepsi product also
Zach25
Coke has a good taste, but Pepsi is sweeter.

I don't know, I think I might have to go with Coke. I'm drinking it right now, in fact. =P
kevbailey
Like about 62% of the people here, I would have to say Coke. Pepsi has a better business model, though (at least more sustainable).
RosenCruz
i actually dislikes pepsi's advertisement strategy with celebs....
wicke
I have to support Pepsi. It has been making here for few years. So I want to decrease global warming and drink Pepsi.
Battle_Off
interesting question,

coke is better than pepsi,

BUT

Pepsi MAX is better than Coke Zero or Diet Coke,

so you can go both ways
Kae_Azule
I personally like them both. Especially since coke is fizzier than pepsi and pepsi is smoother.
ciureanuc
Did I answered to this poll? I don't remember, so I will do it now:
PEPSI, PEPSI FOREVER! :p
This was my choice between this two cokes... but my choice in ALL of drinks is orange juice, "100% orange". Smile
There were times when I was drinking a liter a day.
I like it because is a little sour than Pepsi and it have far more flavour than "Coke sweet water" or other stuff.

But you have to admit that if you're really thirsty you will use PURE WATER.
If you're thirsty, nothing is better than pure water... there is no juice who can substitute the water. Smile

I want a juice with the taste of mountain spring. Smile
misterXY
Coke is my drug, pepsi is my rehab. l rather be doing coke but end up getting ****** pepsi... ****** l hate pepsi. Embarassed
slashnburn99
When Cherry Coke Launched - drunk it by the bucket load, collected ring pulls to get cameras, can`t touch the stuff 15/20 years on

Diet Coke with Lemon - Tastes like lemon washing up liquid awful 0 out of 10

Coke Vanilla - love it gives me a headache every time, still drink it though. 6 out of 10

Coke Zero - here to stay tastes great and zero sugar. 8.5 out of 10

Coke - as i get older not as nice though

Diet Pepsi 2 out of 10

Pepsi - more expenisve in UK 1c (2p) more? 4 out of 10

Pepsi Max - the nicest pepsi brand 7 out of 10

my research has found Wink

Coke is the winner

Coke used to have great songs (got to love the 80s Laughing )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyaDFTRQHU4

Christmas adverts.

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=holidays+are+coming+coca+cola&hl=en-GB&emb=0&aq=1&oq=holidays+are#

What is the coke zone all about these days, I could be to old and had my time when i was collecting Olympic t-shirts back in 1988? seoul
Insanity
I find Pepsi to be a tad sweeter than Coke, but I like Coke more because the taste seems so much more unique and different than Pepsi. Maybe I just have weird taste buds.
zyd666
pepsi max better then cola zero !
Jinx
Personally, I'm a Mountain Dew junkie. Bring on the caffeine Smile
Not as bad as I was, but I practically lived on the stuff in college.
gugusm
It doesn't matter to me, sometimes I like to drink Cola, sometimes I prefer Pepsi. Good to have them both Wink
Loathing in Fear
I like both of them. As some already said before me: Coca-cola has got it's own special taste and Pepsi is a bit sweeter.
smin
Drink juice instead... natural juices are the best. Some flavours available at the website below:
smin
Drink juice instead... natural juices are the best. Some flavours available at the website below:
ankitdatashn
arre whatever I get to drink is ok with me!! Wink

meanwhile I have an undue inclination towards coca-cola , dunno why but It tastes better. Pepsi tastes a bit sweet when fizzez out so drink coca-cola with more liking, however in India pepsi sells more.

what ever may be the company but in recent times these beverages have faced a tight scrutiny from the press after facing news of pesticides, insects, germs, backteria etc present in tehse drinks. their sales declined much after these news.
ny51bern
Coke is better, Pepsi is way to sweet! But I'm not a big fan of diet Coke..
watersoul
Coke definitely is the one for me but only Diet Coke (Coke Light I think it's called in other parts of the world)
I'm in no way on a diet or ever have been but I find the original coke too syrup-like and leaves an aftertaste in my mouth - same applies to Pepsi.
...although if your asking me my preference when mixing with a spirit like bourbon/brandy or something, mmm I don't really mind at all then! Wink
killerqueen
Coke, coke! Pepsi, ugh- disgusting. Pepsi is like the really weird and ugly twin of coke.
j_f_k
hmm which do I prefer, Coca Cola or Pepsi. my answer.

dr pepper.

the other 2 do taste the same as far as I can tell
Tadtoad
I'm not sure if this is what I "prefer", maybe it's more of a habit than preference, but if I were to buy either pepsi or coke I'd buy a coke. But when I order fast food then I get pepsi.

I dont really care which one though.
dalibor
I prefer Coca-Cola!It is better from Pepsi for me!
iyepes
The poll should have the "none of them" option. I really prefer juice or water. I feel my teeth like attacked by an acid every time I have to drink them. I say I have because I only do it if there is not anything else available.
Gonzalo
Ok, Pepsi has Ricky Martin. No further comments.

Anyhow, I voted for obama...coke I ment.
saluta
They taste bad? Well that's new. Cola or pepsi? Cola. Definitely cola. Pepsi is too sweet to my liking. I've been drinking cola since I was a kid, and will still drink it, come what may.
chatrack
I can say, no one should drink such chemicals drinks. i you really want some good thing to drink go
for some frouts or coconut water , which are good for health.
RiCtee
Pepsi has a much better flavour... but I can't seem to describe what it tastes like. Also Coke is too fizzy. Very Happy
andredesignz
i say Pepsi but i think the both of them taste the same Laughing
Crazy_Canuck
I drink both Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi (regular pop is too sweet), depending what is on sale! I will have to say, however, that I prefer Diet Coke. Diet Pepsi has a funky aftertaste. Sad
bigt
william wrote:

Coca-Cola tastes better
Pepperfan
Okay that is easy. I like Coke.

Now that is out of the way you have to try this. It is awesome. A few winters ago I accidentally left my bottle of Coke in the car while I was at work. About 3 o'clock I remembered it and went to get it. Because my car was in the sun it had gotten quite hot in there and my Coke was very warm even Hot.
Because it was cold I decided to have a sip before I got some ice. It was delicious!

This winter try your Coke hot! You will like it. Just be careful, I am sure if your got it too hot it would explode...

Charles

PS I live in Southern California so It was 45 degrees Fahrenheit... Burrr! Laughing
arquivo
impressive... hard to believe how much the both brands sells.... hard to believe how much replies this subject gots... they are really good in their bussiness, doing all the world having some to talk about them... while drinking of course
stel4e
That would be Pepsi for me Wink
b4r4t
Well ... if it's cold with ice, then both - Coke and Pepsi are realy good.

But If You have to drink it when it's in normal temperature (room temperature) then Coke is beter ... Pepsi in this condition taste like sand ... strange consistation ...
Melacos
When you go around asking people about that kinda thing, I'm sure that way over half the replies you get, are not really answers built on ideas of actual sensory taste, but to a larger degree on other factors, such as what is socially beneficial in the moment of answering and how the repliant would prefer to see himself taste-wise.

Though having said this, I'm sure that most people could indeed taste the difference between the two, if having the chance to actually compare.
Rhineus
Well, that is a tough one... I like both but my favorite is coke. I guess because it has more acid or something. But coke is allot more caustic thought. But I seldom drink cokes anymore because I do not like what goes on behind closed doors. So, if I drink like coke/Pepsi/RC or something like that I usually drink Pepsi.
Rhineus
Well, that is a tough one... I like both but my favorite is coke. I guess because it has more acid or something. But coke is allot more caustic thought. But I seldom drink cokes anymore because I do not like what goes on behind closed doors. So, if I drink like coke/Pepsi/RC or something like that I usually drink Pepsi.
Xaferrow
In Indonesia, the most popular drink were Cola. Pepsi is a bit un popular.

1. Cola
2. Fanta
3. Sprite
4. Pepsi

Very Happy
geoveo
It's like religion or being a Mac or PC or Nikon or Canon fan. People brought up on one or other then stick with it, though like religion some do convert.

I'm happy with any so long as it's fresh even own brand supermarket doesn't taste too bad and only costs a quarter of the cost of the over marketed brands.

and they all rot your teeth in the end.

jabce85
coke will always win, BUT coke+grenadine=>cheerwine wins over coke
sana618
Nither coke nor pepsi...... i like Shani, a drink very famous in the Arab countries....

(because i don't have to use lipstick it makes my lips red Wink and it won't come off lik the lipstick on anything my lips touch..... Wink )
RosenCruz
coca cola seems to have a much more better taste and formula for me....
spunky
what can i say, i like both very much............
can i vote BOTH??
lpgotti
I definitely prefer Pepsi. Pepsi tastes a lot more 'crisp' than Coke so much that whenever I drink Coke it almost tastes like it's flat to me. I find this to be the same with diet and regular soda. I've been drinking diet soda ever since I became diabetic and since then I can't stand regular soda. I don't know what it is about it, it may be the sugar, but it just tastes MUCH less carbonated than diet soda for some reason.
snowynight
both erode teeth easily... worse than vinegar.
anyway if you want to make a choice... i think it is the pepsi. because it is newer and more fashionable. As to the taste, i don't think there are differences..
Donutey
I enjoy pepsi, although I'm sort of addicted to sweet drinks (not really a good thing) so idk what's truly the "best".
deanhills
There is definitely a difference in taste between Coca Cola and Pepsi, especially diet Coke vs diet Pepsi. I rarely drink sodas, but when I was in England recently acquired a taste for Diet Pepsi. Diet Pepsi is slightly sweeter and tastes less bitter than Diet Coke. Also less gas.
ankitdatashn
deanhills wrote:
There is definitely a difference in taste between Coca Cola and Pepsi, especially diet Coke vs diet Pepsi. I rarely drink sodas, but when I was in England recently acquired a taste for Diet Pepsi. Diet Pepsi is slightly sweeter and tastes less bitter than Diet Coke. Also less gas.

Hmm, I have never given a shot to the diet drinks be it diet pepsi or diet coke, but yeah I think pepsi is sweeter than the coke counterpart. I like coke more than pepsi. Lets see if I grab diet soda some day.
Unknown1312
Coca Cola ftw Wink .
orellanco
i don't really go agaisnt any of them cause i like them
both
but there's always a third option
water if u really think about it
it is better than both of them Arrow Question Exclamation Idea
assailant
I personally prefer Fanta or Mirinda.. don't really like cola flavours much. But when it comes to Coca-cola or pepsi, i think according to my opinion and my taste buds, there is a huge difference between the subtle flavour hints given by both these drinks and i'll have to go with pepsi.
burn
LOL when I was younger, my dad took me to a nintendo carnival, and they were making ppl taste cola and pepsi in unmarked cups and ppl had to guess which was which... I never won the nintendo gun they were giving out to the winners but... I sure made a self note that day... who cares, its bubbly and sweet. Twisted Evil
the_one111
I find coca-cola and pepsi to hold pretty much the same taste. However, coca-cola seems to go down easier and it leaves a better lasting taste, so I'll have to go with the majority and vote for coca-cola. Wink
mwsupra
Well something that really puts Coke ahead of Pepsi right now is the reward points. Coke is going strong with their Coke Rewards and Pepsi ended theirs this year. Since I drink way too much soda that may be the turning point for me Laughing
silverdown
I like Coke Cola Classic!
hamza1122
Coca cola. Although i drink both of them a lot so i've kind of lost the idea of them being two different flavours. But i guess pepsi is sweeter which i don't really like, so imma go with coca cola because its more rich in flavour and taste really nice! Also i like Vanilla coke.. awesome flavour!
phuchicu
I like both. they have a different flavor. it always made me want to drink them.
dk5jeph
lot of spirit within.. lol.. Wink Wink
arquivo
I do prefer coke, but the Zero one... yeah, at least here in brazil they named this one by Coke Zero, there´s no calories and the flavor is the same oh the original coke... Drinking pepsi, i think i can feel the sugar taste more than i would like, ytou know? its hard to explain but its different, everyone knows this is different...
Today i had a soda, in hot days soda is better than coke i guess, but when i will eat hotdogs, nothing is better of a coke, oh my, what great combination...
Here in Brazil we have i drink called Guaraná... it is made by a fruit, with this name, and nothing is better with popcorns... Guaraná and Bacon popcorns, ohhhh
Eating pizza I never know waht drink..Coke or Guaraná... both i sometimes...
UniqueCastle
Coca-Cola4Ever!
That is the best
chartcentral
I drink both, but most of the time it's Coca-Cola. I prefer it over Pepsi. Smile
evilgeniuself
I prefer Pepsi, yet I will happi;y drink coke if it's easier to get.
Deathspawn989
I would prefer Coke over Pepsi in a heartbeat. Pepsi has way too much sugar and syrup, whereas Coke is a lot better to drink. As to their other products, I like Pepsi's Mountian Dew, (Though I dont see the point in renaming it to Mtn Dew.) over Coke's Vault. I also like Coke's Sprite over Pepsi's cardboard tasting Seirra Mist.
MarzEz
i like coke.
i dislike pepsi.
there IS a difference in the taste.
and i would never buy pepsi...
unless there was no coke.
coke also seems to be fizzier to me.
valadez
I easily prefer Coke. I can easily tell the difference between canned, plastic bottled and glass bottled I drink it so much. Not quite sure why I prefer it though, I've always had a major sweet tooth but Pepsi just doesn't do it for me. Theres just nothing like gulping a nice cold can of coke .... whenever, wherever.

Also coke is always going to have the lead with it's incredible advertising, no other drink could compete no matter how tasty and satisfying it is.
00ROM00
It's all about their marketing war.
Deline
I avoid drinking soda, the last time I drank it was about two or three months ago. But I have to confess that it's really difficult to resist a glass coke with ice. *-*
dude_xyx
Used to love Coca-Cola but not anymore. I rarely drink it now.
grofet
I don't like both of them. Both of them is just same. I don't like the effect of coke to human body, so i have to avoid drink any drink with carbonated soda. Soda can destroy my teeth, give me diabetes mellitus, and other health problem. I like to drink water without any additional ingredients on it. I hope i can avoid many serious illness with drink no coke. Health is expensive, so we have to protect our self from getting sick. Too much coke is bad for our health.
Peterssidan
Now I don't drink any of them but when I did I think I preferred Coca-Cola. At least I remember that Pepsi Max didn't taste very good.
Blaster
Mine all depends on mood. I love Coke with Vanilla or Lime. I enjoy plain Pepsi and mug rootbeer. Cherry Coke vs Cherry pepsi really differs for me on my mood. Can vs plastic bottle also matters. I'm not too picky with either or and I can drink either or. Although when it comes to mixed drinks Coke seems to go better. I think thats just because thats how my dad always taught me.
Gregoric
If I had to choose, it would be Pepsi with some Lemon taste. I am rather choosing to keep a healthy diet as I donate blood and so I do not drink such drinks too often. Maybe once or twice a year at maximum Wink
pravojednostavno
I prefer Pepsi.
deanhills
Neither. Particularly since there is plenty of evidence that both are harmful for health. Since Governments love to create legislation to "protect the public", this is certainly one they've missed big time.
supermanlovejan
I prefer coca-cola.............
standready
deanhills wrote:
Neither. Particularly since there is plenty of evidence that both are harmful for health.

That is why I just drink beer! laugh
codegeek
I find both horrible in taste. I prefer a nice, cool bottle of Sprite.
spinout
Coca cola has always beeen my favorite- I suppose the taste is better!