FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is Making music?

mr bultitude
One of the reaons I have joined this forum is to get a site up and running that has some of my music on it as well as photoshop art.

Im currently using cubase SX3 and a few VST instruments, as well as guitars.
Hear some of it http://www.7161.com/~Mr_Bultitude

I'd like to hear other amatuers music and fell free to comment on my stuff.
Srs2388
I am also woroking a few things
i still havn't learned exactly how to make decnt backing tracks
with drums and bass
etc. i'll check your stuff out

EDIT: really good job at those im going to make one tonight if i get the whole idea of adding drums and bass and such
erik
mr bultitude wrote:
One of the reaons I have joined this forum is to get a site up and running that has some of my music on it as well as photoshop art....

Sounds good, I have no comment to give about it...
Neocondestruct
I dig your tunes. Are they done all ITB - inside the box, as they say?
alienjones
I used Cubase SX for producing too but switched to Propellerhead Reason a couple of months ago as Reason was designed especially for electronic dance music. When I comparing both programs my better tracks were produced with Cubase. Unfortunately the heavy use of VST/i in Cubase requires a lot of CPU and my computer is just a cr*ppy one.
KingPin
I want to give it a try , but first i need a good running program and tutorials (prefer dutch) to make some good stuff Smile ...
alienjones
KingPin wrote:
I want to give it a try , but first i need a good running program and tutorials (prefer dutch) to make some good stuff Smile ...

For "just giving a try" I recommend Propellerheads Rebirth, it's Freeware now. While dealing with two 303-Transistor-Basslines, one 808- and one 909-Rhythm-Machine you'll get a clue of what making music with computers is all about. Enjoy Wink
Loghete
Very good music! Very Happy

If I would have some critics, I would say that some of them are a bit repetive.

I make music with FL Studio, check out some tracks at http://www.westgames.frih.net/stuff

I'm still just a beginner Smile
mikemao
alienjones wrote:
I used Cubase SX for producing too but switched to Propellerhead Reason a couple of months ago as Reason was designed especially for electronic dance music. When I comparing both programs my better tracks were produced with Cubase. Unfortunately the heavy use of VST/i in Cubase requires a lot of CPU and my computer is just a cr*ppy one.

I use pro tools and reason to make my tunes and they work really good together, and i think you can use reason in the same way in cubase.
But I also need to recommend Live if you're doing alot of electro.
mikemao
Why not add new tracks to eachothers project, mabye something good comes out of it. I can start on something new and anyone who likes joining can join. for those who are interresed just send your e-mail private to me and we can take it from there.