FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Manzoku-kan
Have u ever watch the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion?
In this: Have u understood the ending because I do not. Everybody has been killed in this anime. But somehow they're all alive at the end and in addition they've learn to fly and live in the universe - which we can not Very Happy.

I've watch it two times, but I'm still confused Shocked
Monkeydog
I forgot what it's called...but it's pretty much Shinji doing...whatever, some religious thingy I think, it's called, and creating a whole new world.
vaoger
i like the anime acually... but sadly.. i was unable to watch the last ep...
well to me... accually those peop[le who live at that time were the people who was able to esc the DOOM or amargadon... something like that... the monster or the call angel... was the persant that sent by the god to finish them ... for recreation world peopose... evengeliaon... EVA... was the clone or advanced creation of man kind( NEF.. something like that...) to help fight again the ANGEL... EVA-1 acually had the cell of ADAM and the cell of Shinji mom... that why when Shinji Knock out... the EVA or her monther take place.....

very cool....

lastly... Shinji gone nut cost his only frend is an Angel.... and her girl freind... was a clone... and he know about ADAM... and EVE is her Girl freind.......

not confuse... but just hard to understand.... n lastly... i dont what happen coz i dont had the time to borrow with my frend and he now some way at Jepan.... me still stuck in MALAYSIA......... T.T...
Scaramanga
Manzoku-kan wrote:
In this: Have u understood the ending because I do not. Everybody has been killed in this anime. But somehow they're all alive at the end and in addition they've learn to fly and live in the universe - which we can not Very Happy.

Have you seen End of Evangelion (or Death & Rebirth)? I'm not saying that explains more, because it doesn't, but it sure is funnier (well to ME, and after like the tenth time watching it.) Also, have you seen the director's cut/Platinum editions of episodes 23-26?

Here's my take on Evangelion: There is nothing to "understand". Hideaki Anno was purported to be suffering a nervous breakdown during the show, not to mention relentless budget issues constantly plagued the production, especially near the end. These combination of factors led to anime that has a sort of slapdash, yet somehow surreal ending. The long and short of it is, the end of Eva means whatever you WANT it to mean. There are as many Eva theories as there are grains of sand on a beach.
TeK
Eva's overrated in my oppinion. Not to say it's a bad series, cause it's not, but it's not as good as people say it is. I actually made a little sense of Eva's ending, after watching each episode back-to-back followed by Death and Rebirth as well as EoE all in one sitting. Sadly I forgot what I had understood, partly due to a lack of sleep, the very next morning. But I think of EoE as what physically happened during the whole mental stuff of last episode of the series.
YamiYumes-Chan
i liked it but MY STUPID CHANNLE CANCLED IT BEFORE THE LAST EP! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! altho it was very confussing at times and made me fall asleep XD
Alpha Dude
I never understood the ending as well, I also heard that the guy that made it got DEATH-THREATs because he did'nt to a good job or something! Shocked
diddle
eh the english version was gay. crappy voice acting and crap and it was really confusing to understand. The ending sucked. it made no sense and it really had nothing to do with the entire show. It was retarded. I can't believe i even stood up late to watch it. I was like yeah this episode is gona be badass and answer all my questions, but no. Nothing happened. Something wierd happened that made no sense to me at all. Eva sucked and i wish it was GONE!
Scaramanga
Alpha Dude wrote:
I never understood the ending as well, I also heard that the guy that made it got DEATH-THREATs because he did'nt to a good job or something! Shocked

Yup, Hideaki Anno got death threats based on the ending of the TV series, and it's rumoured he made Death & Rebirth and End of Evangelion as a response to these threats (in End Of Evangelion one of the death threats actually appears on screen briefly.) I.e. as kind of an F-U to fans who took this stuff a bit too seriously (and still do.)
fangfox
I thought it was good, even though the end was really confusing O.o
At first the plot was going a nice straight line, then BAM 90 degree angle
Victoly
I believe that the entire series is a metaphor for the existential struggles faced by youth (and adults alike). The ending of the series reaches to the "core" of the matter: Shinji's questions and doubts about his identity, his sense of worth, and reality. I saw the series as trying to tell the story about the thoughts, emotions, and questions of the characters and having it set to battles with giant robots and monsters rather than being a story about giant robots fighting monsters that has some peripheral character stuff involved, if that makes sense.
eleceng
I think you should take what you want from it and leave everything else. It doesn't entirely make sense, the director had numerous, stresses and influences and they push different symbolisms/messages at different times.
There is a good plot description on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion#Characters_and_beings
Its worth a look in
DeviousRiders
this show did get confusing cuzz when i wached it i didnt see all the episodes in order so i got lost after the 11th Angle but the thing that confused the stuff outa me was the ending to untill i relizied that it was sanjes mind the whole show was like that to me
"sorry cant spell his name right"
bigdan
I've seen some of the eps, and I'm still confused by it all Razz
QrafTee
The ending is some religious lesson or somewhat. It's about people living their lives, in sin and such and in the end it must all end to become pure once again thus bringing a new creation... My theory anyway.

The last movie just shows the religious ceremony that was performed and a last in-depth look at all the characters before the inevitable occured. Remember how the "new" Angels had no pilots? That is a being without a soul and thus a vile creature which will ultimately end the lives of humans, their souls, and the purity of the world of man. The Shinji part is something like not taking actions because his sins burn deep in his heart paralyzing him from doing anything... kinda sad, but that's what he gets.

I'm quite shocked with myself though since I'm not religious and all.
Manzoku-kan wrote:

xframe
Eva was very confusing untill I read more about it on Wikipedia, evaotaku.com and evamonkey.com. It really helps to read the Glossery and terminology in the program books at eva otaku. in a nut shell Seele wanted to artificialy evolve mankind by making humans into one perfect being. this started to happen but shinji denied it. he an asuka do not get complemented and because of shinji everyone is given a choice either to stay as one being in the form of LCL or return to their normal state as shinji did. its not none who else besides shinji and asuka chose to come back.