FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Computer Specs

MPHunters
I just brought a new computer.
It has 2 GB of RAM
3.4 GHz of
And a 256MB graphic cards
Those are the main things in the comp i got it from Dell. So far I've had no problems with it and all my games and every thing run perfect on it.
It also has:
a DVD-RW drive and a CD-RW drive which are very nice to have. Laughing
k_s_baskar
cho sweet... don't forget to install os in it Wink
psycosquirrel
Laughing It's a Dell, it came with WinXp probably.

Next time, build your own computer. It will be better than a Dell for much less Very Happy
william
psycosquirrel wrote:
Laughing It's a Dell, it came with WinXp probably.

Next time, build your own computer. It will be better than a Dell for much less Very Happy

I agree. Next time you should build one. Though, that's an awesome computer. One problem with Dell is that they don't have AMD processors. Usually Dell computers don't have many hardware issues, but if you do, try to rely on Dell's customer support. I recommend using your own knowledge or have someone else fix it. Overall, that computer sounds great! Very Happy
izcool
I know several people that buy cases, power supplies, motherboards and such to build a computer. They buy a computer from Dell, strip it out for the CPU, RAM, drives, cards, etc to go into their custom PC. I've not tried that method myself but supposidly you'll save a lot of money doing it that way too. It's a bit of a cheat on making a cheap custom PC, but it's possible. I've built 3 of my own Custom PC's from buying all of the parts individually. It's a fun and thrilling hobby.

- Mike.
mang
I just like to diy , it is better and less , and choose face much .

at last , i like AMD too.
TheGeek
I agree with several others here, build your own computer. If your not that tech savy and are just more of the gamer type or apps type then do yourself a favore and either make a friend who can do it for you for not much over the price of parts or learn a little and build your own. It's pretty easy these days, all you really have to do is buy parts that are compatible with each other (most are) and slap them together and if you have any questions about part compatability you only need but to ask one of us here in the forums, im sure someone has your answer.

Im just curious but do you know specifically what graphics card it came with? Brand and Model perhaps?

Another thing you may want to concider upgrading sometime if it doesnt already have one is a sound card that is not built into the motherboard. Typically built in motherboards do not support surround sound and having surround sound while paying games is usually something that really helps enhance the game experience.

GG on the system still though, it has far superior specs to my E-Mafrankeinchines.
psycosquirrel
Well considering it is a Dell, it is possibly 256 mb integrated Dell graphics.

Haha.
Quote:
E-Mafrankeinchines

Upgrading a Dell slowly to a powerful PC is a good idea for someone who wants to slowly upgrade, but in the long run, is a waste of basically the price of the Dell you start with. Because ALL their components are substandard (with the exception of periphrials and the case), and therefore, will need to all be replaced in order to properly build a decent computer. Same thing goes with EMachines, only the case and the periphrials are crap too.

Decent Dells always have P4s, most of which run on the 478 socket. Because that socket is outdated, the CPU will most likely need replaced (along with the mobo) to make a decent build. Finally, the graphics in almost all Dells is AGP or integrated, which forces you to get a new mobo, proc, and vid card to get PCI-E, which is really the only really good way to go with graphics (AGP's bus speed is at least half PCI-E's).

So in the end, Dells suck as gaming PCs.

But, if you are not doing anything extreme, you will not need to worry about it. I have a feeling your Dell will work just fine for you. Very Happy
izcool
For gaming PCs, go with Alienware. Be warned, you'll have to fork out a huge chunk of change to get a system from them though !!

- Mike.
psycosquirrel
WHHHAAAAT???

Neg.

Alienware sucks. Their "machines" are hideous abonimations for spoiled little kids whos parents want to give them something top of the line. A kid in my neighborhood had one, and my computer had better specs than his. I spent about $500 on my build, and he spent around $1500 and bought his AFTER I built mine. Anyways, instead of acknowledging my superiority, he continues to say his is better "because it is an Alienware."

On another note, Alienware is merging with Dell, proving they are only in the business for the money: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1941399,00.asp

GG GUYS.

By the way, if anyone here wasted their money on an Alienware, I pity you.
izcool
Really ? I never would have imagined. I know that there were several PC manufacturer merges in the few years, but this is the first I ever heard about Dell and Alienware merging.

- Mike.
ForceRun
Yea Dell bought AlienWare. AND Dell really sucks, sure they have 'good' specs but there stuff is the cheapest possible. They do have a high support rating. If you want a quick boost of power, Wipe the hard drive, and do a clean install of Windows without all the apps dell auto installs, and the computer will run a lot better, faster, and longer. But don't do it unless you know what you are doing. It is really easy, one hint download all of the drivers you'll need a head of time and burn a cd, or better add them to your windows install cd with SP2 of course.

I really haven't found any computer retailer that uses high quailty/ top marks parts. Just go to NewEgg and put one together, it is really easy, a lot cheaper and you can get what you want! White Box all the way.
alkady
psycosquirrel wrote:
WHHHAAAAT???

Neg.

Alienware sucks. Their "machines" are hideous abonimations for spoiled little kids whos parents want to give them something top of the line. A kid in my neighborhood had one, and my computer had better specs than his. I spent about $500 on my build, and he spent around $1500 and bought his AFTER I built mine. Anyways, instead of acknowledging my superiority, he continues to say his is better "because it is an Alienware."

On another note, Alienware is merging with Dell, proving they are only in the business for the money: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1941399,00.asp

GG GUYS.

I know how you feel, Same thing with me. I know this guy who told me he Bought a Alienware computer which turned out to be an MDG Computer. Its funny how the story goes. I bought a computer in August which was better than his old Compaq computer. I paid $1600 minus the mail in rebates. The funny part was a few months later he bought a computer he told me was an Alienware. When I went to check it, It turned out to be a MDG because a) It looked nothing like an alienware and b) he even told me he got a free mp3, The same one they where giving away when you buy a MDG system. He computer is not as superior as mine, But I dont even bother telling him because all I'm going to get as Reply is bull. He probably going to say, It's an Alienware. It's better than yours. Like I really care. Its a darn computer, Big whoop. I dont think I'll end up as a failure in life because he has an alienware.
By the way, if anyone here wasted their money on an Alienware, I pity you