FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

World of Warcraft

Spartacus
Hey, I was just wondering how many people here are into the phenomenon of World of Warcraft- I myself lead a guild with my partner, and thats what brings me to Frihost in the first place, for a guild website. I play a Tauren Shaman on Shadow council, Xanon- In the guild Death Before Dishonour. Who else is out there that plays, what class/server?
asfaltboy
I'm into guildwars myself.. can i see the url for your website ?
Kaibaten
I haven't played WoW for about a month now. I think I'll start playing again when the expansion comes out. And why is WoW a "phenomenon"? Yes, it may be the most popular Western MMORPG but you should check the numbers on some Korean ones. WoW can't even come close to that...

I'm into Guild Wars too. Well used to anyway... Eventually you get tired of playing the same game over and over again because it's just so short. But I had a better time on my first playthrough in GW than I had in WoW.
mtoni
I got kicked from the servers, because they said that I had used some sort of 3rd party program (which isn't true)

3 weeks later after that, I bought Guild Wars.... It's really nice
goodforum
i don't play this game but i would like to
anyone know where to download?
asfaltboy
both games are downloadable after you buy them:

guild wars: http://www.guildwars.com/

WoW: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

I personally suggest guildwars as it has no monthly pay but then
world of warcraft has some private servers with an emulated version
of the servers, so you can sort of play but with weird lag/disconnection
and other dissabilities.. try to search on the net about that..
Ducksteina
I was playing World of Warcraft for 1 year and it got really boring.
All you can do at level 60 is raiding. And killing the same monster over and over again, week for week, is boring. It may be very fun the first time, but it's getting boringer and boringer.
That's why I stopped playing. Now I see how many great singleplayer games I missed by playing World of Warcraft. I don't recommend anyone to start with WoW, really. Confused
asfaltboy
i'm for that too Smile mmorpgs might be fun for a start but they get repepitive and take out lots of ur time... if u still have single player games or maybe real life i'd always suggest that Very Happy

life = love, family, friends, carrier..
games = elder scrolls IV oblivion, godfather, call of cthulhu!!

lol enjoy life ppl Smile
Winterborne
I play Warcrack! ^^ though I've currently been tied up with Oblivion on my XBox 360 and fixing to start going crazy on kingdom hearts while my husband is kicking butt on the second one (it rocks everyone!)

I have two characters currently on one server of WoW: Winterborne (gnome/warlock) and Ahmeah (night elf/rogue). Both are on the Khaz Modan server. I have a horde character on the Durotan server that I have just started. She's an undead warlock named Sarai.

Love the game!
Damondred
60 Human warrior on Alleria. Yeah, I have some epeen enlargening epics on him. Raided MC/BWL for a while. Got tired of that, and am now with all my hometown friends on Cho'gall, preparing to conquer the server in the PvP area. Our plans: to be known as the best PvP guild on Cho'gall, to own the battlegrounds, and to get most of our members to High Warlord. A small goal actually.... Rolling Eyes
Hogwarts
Im only level 33 on Khaz'Goroth. My service expires on friday and I can't afford to pay again (I don't pay for things I don't/won't use) ... unless I start playing it again.
aenemike
Yeah, I'm a WoW junkie...
I've had an account since the game was released and I still don't get bored with it.
I'll take breaks time and again and play Guild Wars or something, but I always go back to WoW, and there's always some new content or change in character dynamics that gets me interested again.
And it beats Star Wars Galaxies hands down (I'm still kicking myself for paying for that game for sooooo long....)
1one1
There was already another thread about World of Warcraft >_> The other one was posted first, so this should be closed or deleted.
webek
Oh, good game with good interface and rest in this game is good too Razz

I speda hours, days, even months playing this game! My fav class is warrior (especially Tauren)...
plantacja
I was playing World of Warcraft for 1 year and it got really boring.
All you can do at level 60 is raiding. And killing the same monster over and over again, week for week, is boring. It may be very fun the first time, but it's getting boringer and boringer.
That's why I stopped playing. Now I see how many great singleplayer games I missed by playing World of Warcraft. I don't recommend anyone to start with WoW, really. Confused
raman
I tried the free trial it had good graphics and everything but I dont think its worth the monthly fee when there are many other free MMORPGS like Conquer Online which may not be as good, but are still pretty decent and they are free as well.
Maryndor
WoW is amazing and very complex game, unfortunately my financial status keeps me on GuildWars, which isn't bad game at all - that's my humble opinion after ~40h play (7h per day).
sgtmajore9
It only gets boreing if you let it get that way, and you do not get into the story line, it is like a book that you have a say in what happens.
As for as guilds go in WOW or for that fact any of the games I have played, EQ, Shadowbane, SWG, DaoC, I have not found to many guilds if any that really even know what the word means.
They know how to say the words, we play together, we are a friendly guild, we help each other, we play together. When in fact they are talking about a select few in the guild, the upper lvls mostly.
I still like the game and enjoy playing it. I have a big problem with the guild system, or rather those guilds and there are many if not most, that have no idea what they are doing or how to do it.
You almost have to have ten friends that play as much as you do and you form your own guild and play as a team always. I have seen a few of these.
Anyhow, as to the game, it is as fun as you want it to be, and if it takes to much of your time, then you need to regulate how much time you spend on it.
As for me, I enjoy it, and I might be one of those that play it way to much. but I still find time to get my butt out side and to work.
Now if I can just find a 5'6" blond busty bombshell that like to play I will be set :0

LONG LIVE THE HORDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katdabictoo
60 Rogue
paul_indo
SOunds really cool, but internet is too slow for online games in Indonesia.
Hogwarts
I might be going back onto world of warcraft soon. I can now afford it - I only drifter away from it earlier this year because of excessive amounts of assignments and homework.

I still remember how fun it was... I played it for about 2 weeks straight before school started *comes back with memories*
hiquality
My best characteris a lvl 75 Draenei Hunter (i have "The Burning Crusade") and i'm playing on the server named Boulderfist.
I named him LegendPower. I dont know how .. but i wanted to name him LegendaryPower Sad .
Anyway he rocks. I rock. I didn't lost a duel for 2 months and believe me ..I play A LOT!!
hiquality
My best characteris a lvl 75 Draenei Hunter (i have "The Burning Crusade") and i'm playing on the server named Boulderfist.
I named him LegendPower. I dont know how .. but i wanted to name him LegendaryPower Sad .
Anyway he rocks. I rock. I didn't lost a duel for 2 months and believe me ..I play A LOT!!
Genesiz
I played WoW for a couple of months and then my server got discontinued.

That was really annoying.