FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lost

carl005
For about the past year an a half, I thought about going into foreign languages as a major in college. I have now taken my second year of college level French in high school (one high school year= 1 semester). I had really liked I and found it pretty simple. It's still not dreafully complicated, it's just something that doesn't interest me as much as it used to. There's a lot of work to be put into the class and I don't really recieve that much joy from it any more. French is the only language I have studied, however I am going away next year as a foreign exchange student to Finland and I will try my best to learn Finnish although it is not required of me. Maybe it will rekindle my interest in foreign languages. If it does, does anyone here know of any job oppertunities out there for somemone with multi-lingual skills (aside from like CIA and interpreter). Thanks! Smile
Gieter
You can become a reporter, or a tourist-guide,... things like that.

Quote:
I have now taken my second year of college level French in high school (one high school year= 1 semester). I had really liked I and found it pretty simple.

I really should be careful with that kind of statements. French is a very difficult language, much more difficult than English. I know this, because in my country (which is Belgium) kids have to start learning French when they're about 11 years old. Now, I'm 17, so I have quite some experience with the difficulties of the language. Especially the grammar can be awful, because French is a Roman language and English is a Germanic language. I just want to warn you about this, because I don't know how much French grammar you have seen.
Scorpio
French certainly can be difficult to learn.
Once you may feel that you know everything you just might end up forgetting.

Best of luck with your finnish
carl005
I've been taking French for the past six years now, but two of the six have been colleged level. I've seen plenty of grammar and I know how complex it is. The concepts aren't that hard for me as it is identifying them and using them without having to think about it.
exarkun
I don't really know how exactly to find a job...Can anyone give me a tip? Thnx first...
schudder
Mind you, Finnish is one of the hardest languages in the world when it comes to grammar...