FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death to Windows!

codederek
We all know that windows has pretty much taken over the entire computing world. Now that they are at the top, they have begun to slack. Is it just me or does it seem that there are alot of viruses and other bugs for windows now. Its almost safer to jump to linux instead of windows because of this very reason. Then again what is safe these days? Privacy is now a thing of the past. Can it also be a thing of the future? More than likely no...
{name here}
Well if we switch to linux, viral developers will too, and we'll end up in the same mess again, possibly even worse with the open source kernel since they can see and exploit every bug, flaw, caveat, and hole in the system. Why hasn't it happend already? The goal of a virus is to spread as much havoc as possible(or spread their creation as far as possible). Linux is still not popular enough for consideration by them. It doesn't have anything to do with POSIX(some of the most insecure OSes were POSIX standard) nor the kernel design. It's all about popularity and if it gains any traction, we'll be in the same crap we'll be in with Windows. There's no winning.
raman
I personally like the windows OS and think that Windows XP is great. I personally cannot wait until Windows Vista is realized (supposed to come out sometime in 2007).
Animal
If you search the forum, you'll find a load of other threads where people are discussing the pros and cons of Windows and the alternative Operating Systems.

-close-