FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harvest Moon

harvestking
Does anyone here play Harvest Moon? It is about you playing as a guy or girl that farms. You can get married, plant crops, raise children, raise animals, and mingle with villagers. It provides solid gameplay but it can get tediouse at times. Currently I am looking forward to Magical Melody for gamecube because it brings back the beloved horse rasing and breeding! The Harvest Moon for DS is looking really good too. If you want to know more info just google Harvest Moon or visit natsume www.natsume.com Just wonderin if anyone here apreciates the game and plays it as much as I do.
exarkun
I had played the game boy advance version of harvest moon only. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral town. It is quite a fun game, but I stopped at year 4 because everything, events, seems to be repeating again...So no point in playing the same thing again. But I played the ps version of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, and of course, the graphic is nicer Razz however, other than that, there is not much of a difference...
Kaibaten
I've played the first Harvest Moon, A Wonderful Life and Friends of Mineral Town. They're cool games and really addictive. I never really seem to get bored playing Harvest Moon... Unlike other games like it like Animal Crossing or Lost in Blue.
linkman2004
Harvest Moon is fun for a wake then it gets stale. That's why I like Animal Crossing, there's almost always something new to do.
Text-Bears
So sad... Harvest Moon sounds really fun. I wish I had it. My friend told me about it and I've been dreaming about it ever since! I only have Harvest Moon Fantasy: Rune Factory, where you capture monsters. Due to the fact that I'm a girl, to me, breeding livestock sounds much more exciting than conquering monsters which growl at you all day.I've checked Wikipedia about the game and I find it really interesting. Of course, after a while, the novelty will wear off. Does anyone here also play Pokemon Pearl?
coyote
Yeah, I really enjoyed those Harvest moon games. I had a GBA and PS one. Haven't seen them in a long while. Now I have a real ranch to take care of. Not nearly as fun Razz
Pikokola
ahh harvest moon, one of the few pointless game for me (comes with those sims things, but I perver plays harvest moon for killing my spare time ^^)
vonboy
i played the snes version of harvest moon emulated one my computer once (pirating muahahahaha) and it was pretty good. i would maybe get one of the newer versions of it, but I'm short on cash at the moment, and theres too much gaming goodness to fit in my small gaming budget.
coyote
Pikokola wrote:
ahh harvest moon, one of the few pointless game for me (comes with those sims things, but I perver plays harvest moon for killing my spare time ^^)

Aww, it's got the same "point" as any other game. To give you some way to kill time and enjoy it.
Pikokola
coyote wrote:
Pikokola wrote:

Aww, it's got the same "point" as any other game. To give you some way to kill time and enjoy it.

no, actually you're right about "games ar something to kill time and enjoy it" but some games like harvest moon, the sims, tycoon series and the other are just "pointless" for me. It's like doing something over and over, not like another game which has exact stories in it which keep advancing each time you pass "a day in the game".

Moreover, for me, plays games are meant to release stress from the real world, not for trying to find "another real world" in the games.
coyote
Yeah, but some people enjoy that, just like some people enjoy creating said worlds. I've never enjoyed Sims, but I kinda liked Harvest Moon. It reminded me of life, but without as many headaches or my dad's yelling at me.
silverdown
Yea I have the game and I use to play it kind of grown out if it. It use to be fun even though I had no clue what to even accomplish. for the most part it was an ok game.
Peterssidan
I have played it on SNES but it was many years ago now. I remember that it was a very nice game but I didn't have so much time for it because I didn't own it. I played it at friends house.
Sphaerenkern
Harvest Moon is pretty nice, but as it was already said, the work repeats. But there are events that don't repeat, so it's not really the same.
Best version I played is the GBA Version (Friends of Mineral Town).
If you don't own it and want to play it, maybe think about playing the SNES-Version emulated. All you need is some SNES-Emulator (like Snes9x) and the ROM (google). Because neither SNES nor the SNES-Version of Harvest Moon is not be produced and sold anymore, noone will care if you download it and play it on your PC...*
Then again, you could just buy and old SNES and the game somewhere, should be cheap. Very Happy

*Afaik it's still illegal, but it's "Abandonware" - noone will care cause noone is harmed.
andy26
these game bore me in a couple of minets, quite a shame i guess
hlavco
I have the GBA version, but I couldn't get into it. The game sounded alright, but wasn't that fun to play.