FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sessions are deleted fast.

jostor
Sessions are deleted really fast on server two.. I have problem at my website since sessions get deleted really fast, mostly like after only a minute or two if you don't reaload the page and the users has to log back on again.
Is there a way to make sure they stay longer? I'm really annoyed by this..
alkutob
I gues I have simillar to your problem .. that sometimes I try to login my forum two or three times untill I can login .
Bondings
There might be a few problems with apache on the second server. At some moments of the day, it needs to be restarted every 5 minutes by the monitoring service on the server (sim). So that might cause the sessions to expire.

Could you maybe give me a sample url so I can take a look at it?
jostor
Bondings wrote:
There might be a few problems with apache on the second server. At some moments of the day, it needs to be restarted every 5 minutes by the monitoring service on the server (sim). So that might cause the sessions to expire.

Could you maybe give me a sample url so I can take a look at it?

Well, my website is in swedish, and I don't think it's worth to setup a user account for you, but as I said, sessions are deleted after only a few minutes so I have to log on again.
Bondings
jostor wrote:
Well, my website is in swedish, and I don't think it's worth to setup a user account for you, but as I said, sessions are deleted after only a few minutes so I have to log on again.

Oh, I thought it was a forum where I can easily sign up in less than a minute.

If someone else has a (phpBB/smf) forum with the same problem, it might be useful?
marioflory
I have the same problem, and you can Log into the sample website on
mare.frih.net/joomla/ as "Peter" with pwd "1234".

I experienced that joomla required to log me in after a few minutes.