FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A light laptop?

udaykamboj
If one has to go for a new laptop, which one should be on top of the list? I currently own a thinkpad but its quite heavy and am planning to exchange it with a lighter one. I had my eyes on a Vaio Tx series! It's quite light and small and sleek! IS that good enough or do I have more options maybe you can suggest?
Jaiye
The TX is pretty pricey, but it's a wonderful computer. I almost bought one (after doing weeks of research), but decided to move out of my parents house instead =p
alkady
Well no one can help you unless you tell us what your going to do with it. If it's for gaming. Think $1500+ laptops, If it's just for typing, Think $499+ laptop, But if you want something in the middle, Not too cheap not too pricey think $799.

Since your opting for a VAIO, I'm judging you want it for entertainment and work. But those are pricey but work fine.
chucky959
If you want a small light laptop, Apple should hopefully be announcing the introduction of new intel ibooks. Rumor has it that an announcement is going to come soon because of Apple's 30th anniversary. The previous G4 ibooks are really fast, light, and durable. If you can wait a little longer, you should wait until Apple makes their announcement. If you have never had an Apple, the MAC OS X is a lot better than XP. I just switched to a mac actually, the 20 inch intel imac. It works great. Also, the new ibooks should only cost about $1300-$1500.