FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cgi #exec command returns error [Resolved]

igor123d
In my cgi-bin directory there is a file whose name is try.cgi at http://216.32.85.170/~igor123d/cgi-bin/try.cgi. The code is fine as I can visualize the file in a browser. Nevertheless, when I try to include this file in a web page, namely http://216.32.85.170/~igor123d/index.shtml, I get a [an error occurred while processing this directive]. I spent hours looking for what could have caused the problem but couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
Daniel15
Firstly, have you tried accessing your site via the proper path (ie. your subdomain)? Accessing it using the IP address sometimes causes problems.

Secondly, check your error log. Usually, information about errors can be seen in greater detail in the error log.

Thirdly, if you can't solve the problem, learn PHP Wink. Seriously, it's a lot easier to use Razz
igor123d
Using the real adress as opposed to the ip did solve the problem. Your other advice about using PHP also makes sense. There really is no need for me to use cgi for the given task. Anyway, in the future I will know how to use cgi if the need arises.
Animal
Resolved, so topic locked. Please PM any moderator if you want it re-opened.

-close-