FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IMAP support

thnn
Hi,
Can anyone tell me is PHP setup to use imap functions. Because i just uploaded my webmail script and am getting the error imap_open undefined function.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if you read this bondings and imap isnt setup with php could you please install or enable the extention thanks.
Daniel15
Hi,
The IMAP extensions only appear to be installed on server 1. Hopefully, if Bondings sees this, he'll install them on server 2 as well Wink
thnn
It seems strange that it would only be on server 1. Anyway I also noted that bondings has being on but hasnt replied, dont mean to rush you bondings but it would be really nice to get Imap support installed quickly thanks.
Bondings
The problem is that there are currently a good few problems with apache on the second server. Including imap would require to recompile apache and I'm trying to avoid that as last time there were a lot of problems with it.
thnn
OK, will you be able to do it eventually or is it a no?
Bondings
Eventually certainly yes, however certainly not sooner than in a few days. I'll try to keep you updated in this thread (if I remember it).
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
Eventually certainly yes, however certainly not sooner than in a few days. I'll try to keep you updated in this thread (if I remember it).

Well, I believe that the next time you recompile Apache and/or PHP, you make it equal to the first server, so that way, everyone is equal Very Happy
thnn
Just wondering if this is going to happen in the near future or due to the fact that the directadmin failed, not for a while?
thnn
I am just wondering bondings if you have forgotten about this. I really need IMAP support for my site, so it would be really good if you could recompile apache on server two with it.

Thanks,
THNN
Bondings
I'll do it next week when I have more time.
thnn
sorry to bother you again bondings, but it has being nearly a month since you said you would do this. It is quite important for a part of my site.

Thanks
Bondings
thnn, you are completely right about this, I'll try to do it as fast as possible.

There were quite a few things which delayed it, but I know this isn't a good excuse.
cr3ativ3
Ok, there was no answer to this thread so before I start spending some time with setting up my own php email program I would like to know if you got it installed so I save my self some time.
wumingsden
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Ok, there was no answer to this thread so before I start spending some time with setting up my own php email program I would like to know if you got it installed so I save my self some time.

Yes, I think it is:

http://frih.net/info.php wrote:
mod_python, mod_ssl, mod_php4, mod_perl, mod_frontpage, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_headers, mod_expires, mod_proxy, mod_auth_anon, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_info, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_referer, mod_log_agent, mod_log_config, mod_env, mod_vhost_alias, http_core
cr3ativ3
K thanks and thanks for the quicky response.
Radar
Same problem, two years later - I'm on server 3, and having the same problem, so I imagine that the IMAP extensions aren't installed on server 3 yet. I'm also assuming from everyone's reactions here that there's no way around this.

If anyone can tell me anything about the state of IMAP extensions on Server 3, and if or when they will be installed, that would be great thanks.