FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How would you rate yourself as as SEO expert

vignesh_natraj
everybody is writing their own SEO blog and arcitles on how to get top placements
so how would you rate yourself ?
Hobbit
I'm a big fat n00b when it comes to this. Sad
Gieter
How interesting.. search engine optimalization... Rolling Eyes Certainly NOT my hobby. And I also don't have a blog about it. And I don't know much about SEO, so I hope you're happy now with my answer. Smile
Daniel15
-- Moved to correct forum --

You could ask Bondings about SEO, he's quite the expert Very Happy. FriHost comes up on a number of keywords, including "Free DirectAdmin Hosting" Smile
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
-- Moved to correct forum --

You could ask Bondings about SEO, he's quite the expert Very Happy. FriHost comes up on a number of keywords, including "Free DirectAdmin Hosting" Smile

I actually stopped with that. It's easy for those keywords, but 1-2 visitors a day, is just not worth the trouble. Really competitive keywords like "free hosting" are way too hard at the moment for Frihost.

I am trying to optimize these forums which is quite hard due to the number of pages. We are currently ranking #1 for top keywords like "Server 1 crash".

vignesh_natraj, you are actually the only I know of on Frihost who is writing a SEO blog. Wink
Marston
I dunno, SEO is pretty easy - grow your site organically, search for good link partners, and don't do anything that seems like a shortcut...
Daniel15
Oh yeah, I forgot to say before, even though I haven't optimised my site whatsoever, it still has a PageRank of 4 and comes up under lots of searches. Maybe search engines just like my site for some reason? Very Happy

My site is #1 on a search for harass layered technologies. It's also #1 on a search for 'X-ROM Cartridge' (right above the shop that actually sells it! Razz Also, it's #7 on a search for 'uni.cc' (which is weird considering that isn't mentioned on the page Razz). There's lots of other ones, but I've forgotten them...
vignesh_natraj
[quote="Bondings"]
daniel15 wrote:

vignesh_natraj, you are actually the only I know of on Frihost who is writing a SEO blog. Wink

i don't write a SEO blog i think you have mistaken can you post the url.my first and onlt blog is http://www.imobilec.blogspot.com/
but i am gathering all info for writing a SEO blog or ebook
kcarring
I would rate myself as a Professional, but not necessarily an Expert. I have many sites that are Top Ten, and have stayed Top Ten for up to 8 yrs. I work on contract for a temp agency that supplies information for Google, and I build sites. I don't think there really are that many "experts". There are two types of SEO, those that are in the upper circle of knowledge, I.E. - they attend the most important seminars when Google makes announcements or showcases new services, etc., and those of us who follow the important public releases of those events and have been doing SEO long enough to know who to listen to, and who not to. Combined with that, it is helpful to have long term projects that you have been able to experiment with, extensively. More importantly yet, it is a valid point that anyone doing SEO, should have strong marketing skills and understand, through research, which terms you ought to be targeting in the first place. How not to "over-do" and ruin your ad copy. In other words, understand the fine line between going Top Ten, and looking like a spammer. Understanding Google's definition of spam, through experimentation, and or working as Rater, helps too.

Cheers
sumangurung
i would really love to know more about seo and like the previous post menioned 'knowing the right person to listen to', i would really like to know what and how to go about it. Seriously, if you have a website and it is not ranked properly then, people hardly know about it. so any tip will be appreciated.