FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


I'm going to kill everyone if I don't get an A.





Liu
http://www.keyt.com/news/local/2514156.html

I know finals are stressful but I guess this class just made this guy snap. This happened at my University yesterday, in a lecture hall I frequent. Although the news article doesn't really describe the detail, I know some people who were actually in that class taking the final.

They said after about 10 minutes or so, the student ran up to the professor with his blue book (it's what you write answers in) and yelled at him to look at it. Then he said "I'm going to kill everyone if I don't get an A!" He held onto a girl and talked about sacrificing her. That's when people started to run out of the classroom. The police and SWAT came, and when they found him he was just sitting alone on the bench outside the classroom. He was handcuffed promptly.

As a result, the final has been postponed until after spring break.

Maybe someone can copy cat it tomorrow in my ECE final tomorrow, i'm so not looking forward to it. :\

EDIT:
Here's a more involved article released by our school:
http://www.dailynexus.com/news/2006/11245.html
Pikokola
Yeah.. he want's it and he got it... more time to study.. and more to get headache XD I prefer doesn't think about the test too much, sometimes I got better score Smile
Vrythramax
Calculus can be very intimidating, but I never thought about killing over it. However, I did entertain the thought of killing myself the night before a final Smile
goutha
Try to have a possitive attitude and good luck Smile
Brakdűr
Welcome to america!
Code of Ruin
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?
lovechiefs
I really think academics(especially the ones that do not concern your future job) are a waste of time.I think every student should be allowed to decide for himself what academics to take or not take,without fear of failing a class or not obtaining a diploma
Hobbit
So he grabbed the girl and everyone ran? What the F)(*? I would have helped her, I mean a whole class against one person.
Tales
why don't things like this happen in holland. Sad
i'm not saying it is good but it would make a diffrence from.
waking up>> to school>> going home>> bed
Liu
Hobbit wrote:
So he grabbed the girl and everyone ran? What the F)(*? I would have helped her, I mean a whole class against one person.

Oops, sorry, I left out the detail that 5 males tried to get him to stop grabbing her.
lukeropro
maybe that guy was stressed from studying for the exam and went crazy or something. it happens. And Liu, are you from china?
Gieter
Code of Ruin wrote:
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?


I have my bad days too (not that many, only when something really terrible happened to me) but that's no reason to take a girl hostage I think. I know the frustration of don't getting enough points for your work, but since he doesn't knew the results of the test, I think he has no excuse.

It may be true that he experienced a lot of pressure on him, so maybe he should be sent to a psychiater.
wimvpetegem
Gieter wrote:
Code of Ruin wrote:
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?


I have my bad days too (not that many, only when something really terrible happened to me) but that's no reason to take a girl hostage I think. I know the frustration of don't getting enough points for your work, but since he doesn't knew the results of the test, I think he has no excuse.

It may be true that he experienced a lot of pressure on him, so maybe he should be sent to a psychiater.


I think that that he is a long way gone before he did this.
A psychiater will be a must.
Gieter
wimvpetegem wrote:
Gieter wrote:
Code of Ruin wrote:
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?


I have my bad days too (not that many, only when something really terrible happened to me) but that's no reason to take a girl hostage I think. I know the frustration of don't getting enough points for your work, but since he doesn't knew the results of the test, I think he has no excuse.

It may be true that he experienced a lot of pressure on him, so maybe he should be sent to a psychiater.


I think that that he is a long way gone before he did this.
A psychiater will be a must.


Probably. It could be that his parents were pushing him to get good points, and if they do that for several years, it's a bit logically that he got frustrated. Especially when they have punished him or something when he didn't have good points.
Josso
Maybe he was being intimidated, or just sounds like a really bad day maybe... there's only so much a person can take before he breaks but it must have been really bad whatever.
wimvpetegem
Gieter wrote:
wimvpetegem wrote:
Gieter wrote:
Code of Ruin wrote:
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?


I have my bad days too (not that many, only when something really terrible happened to me) but that's no reason to take a girl hostage I think. I know the frustration of don't getting enough points for your work, but since he doesn't knew the results of the test, I think he has no excuse.

It may be true that he experienced a lot of pressure on him, so maybe he should be sent to a psychiater.


I think that that he is a long way gone before he did this.
A psychiater will be a must.


Probably. It could be that his parents were pushing him to get good points, and if they do that for several years, it's a bit logically that he got frustrated. Especially when they have punished him or something when he didn't have good points.


Ehm, yes...
As parent you have got a big task.
You have to push your children, but you have to teach them also responsibility.
I'm happy with my youth at the moment Razz
Gieter
wimvpetegem wrote:
Gieter wrote:
wimvpetegem wrote:
Gieter wrote:
Code of Ruin wrote:
Maybe he had a rough day. Who knows how he might snap again with those mental evaluation tests?


I have my bad days too (not that many, only when something really terrible happened to me) but that's no reason to take a girl hostage I think. I know the frustration of don't getting enough points for your work, but since he doesn't knew the results of the test, I think he has no excuse.

It may be true that he experienced a lot of pressure on him, so maybe he should be sent to a psychiater.


I think that that he is a long way gone before he did this.
A psychiater will be a must.


Probably. It could be that his parents were pushing him to get good points, and if they do that for several years, it's a bit logically that he got frustrated. Especially when they have punished him or something when he didn't have good points.


Ehm, yes...
As parent you have got a big task.
You have to push your children, but you have to teach them also responsibility.
I'm happy with my youth at the moment Razz


I think you have to support your kids, not break them down because they have bad marks. Smile
the_mariska
Gieter wrote:
Probably. It could be that his parents were pushing him to get good points, and if they do that for several years, it's a bit logically that he got frustrated. Especially when they have punished him or something when he didn't have good points.

If it was to blame his parents, the would be also menthally challenged. When I was a child I was also under a enormous pressure to have good marks, fortunately I didn't have problems with gaining them Wink However, when I got a bad one, I didn't use to threat to kill everyone. I didn't even cry (too much Razz) There must be something more, than just ambitious parents...
wimvpetegem
Yeh, you are right.
But I think that beside pushing you also have to push them sometimes.
I will relate it with learning pianoplaying.
When I was younger then now I wants to learn playing piano.
First my parents had to push me to practice a lot, after that they supported me.
In the pushing period I have learned to practice, now I practice for myself, not for my parents and now I'm learning quite fast.
My parent supports me now so get a kind of reward for it.
Gieter
Well, I know someone (who's in my class), and her parents are really strictly. And erm she isn't normal anymore, she is very asocial, and I think the main reason is because of the parents.

People handle pressure differently. And of course, there could have been other problems in his family. That's my humble opinion at least.
the_mariska
Gieter wrote:
Well, I know someone (who's in my class), and her parents are really strictly. And erm she isn't normal anymore, she is very asocial, and I think the main reason is because of the parents.

I think I've gone through this too, but rather because I was a bookworm, one year younger than everyone, and I wore glasses. Luckily, this lasted only until 5th grade Razz

Quote:
People handle pressure differently. And of course, there could have been other problems in his family. That's my humble opinion at least.

Well, you're right. But which family does not have problems? It depends much on the personality of those children. And as my whose family is quite nervous... it used to be hard Wink
Gieter
Some families have more problems than other... logic, isn't it? Wink
the_mariska
Gieter wrote:
Some families have more problems than other... logic, isn't it? Wink

Sure Wink I'd better go to sleep, as I start writing crap Razz Too much work, too little sleep, too little coffee... that's how ambitious children of even more ambitious parents end up Laughing
Blaster
Pretty messed up. People do that under pressure though. There is a lot of presure when stuff like that is going on. Feel kinda bad that the kid is getting in trouble. It happens to all of us. It doesn't seem like the kid would really do that. He just had to let his anger and frustartion out.
Hobbit
It used to happen to me last year, I would just imagine myself doing crazy, evil things to teachers. I don't know what made me change, I'm a pacifist now. Wink So I understand him, but all I would do was imagine, I never actually did anything.
Liu
lukeropro wrote:
And Liu, are you from china?

I'm from the US, born here. My parents immigrated from Taiwan.
Jayfarer
Maybe he thought it was a class on mass threats.
Dragonfly
Vrythramax wrote:
Calculus can be very intimidating, but I never thought about killing over it. However, I did entertain the thought of killing myself the night before a final Smile


Hm, these days guns rule everywhere.

By the way, Vrythramax Your signature graphic about 'Frihost | My host' is nice. Can I use it as well in my site?
Vrythramax
Dragonfly wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
Calculus can be very intimidating, but I never thought about killing over it. However, I did entertain the thought of killing myself the night before a final Smile


Hm, these days guns rule everywhere.

By the way, Vrythramax Your signature graphic about 'Frihost | My host' is nice. Can I use it as well in my site?


Absolutly! There is a topic somewhere in these forums that has that graphic in a number of differant colors...but I'm afraid I don't know it's location Sad If you have trouble finding the topic you can copy that graphic from my sig or PM me and I will send you a zipfile with all the differant styles. I made local copies of the ones I liked Wink

EDIT: I put a zipfile online for you to download here to save time and trouble, it has 4 styles in it and the filesize is only about 2kb....Enjoy!
leat397
I totally understand how stress it was...and that like a nightmare every dream. Crying or Very sad

Even though I am now working I am still expriencing that kind of stress as i partcipating in those part-time degree course.... Confused
Gieter
leat397 wrote:
I totally understand how stress it was...and that like a nightmare every dream. Crying or Very sad

Even though I am now working I am still expriencing that kind of stress as i partcipating in those part-time degree course.... Confused


I have a technique that works fine for me when I'm under pressure (not that it happens that much): I think about the people who will do less good than me. Just look around you, and think about the people who are less good than you. Feel superior (also see signature.) It will really help!
Liu
Gieter wrote:

I have a technique that works fine for me when I'm under pressure (not that it happens that much): I think about the people who will do less good than me. Just look around you, and think about the people who are less good than you. Feel superior (also see signature.) It will really help!

I used to do that also, but that becomes extremeley difficult to do in my major (computer science.) All the ones that can't hang have been filtered out by the third year. Now only true cs majors are in my classes who all seem equally smart.
Gieter
Liu wrote:
Gieter wrote:

I have a technique that works fine for me when I'm under pressure (not that it happens that much): I think about the people who will do less good than me. Just look around you, and think about the people who are less good than you. Feel superior (also see signature.) It will really help!

I used to do that also, but that becomes extremeley difficult to do in my major (computer science.) All the ones that can't hang have been filtered out by the third year. Now only true cs majors are in my classes who all seem equally smart.


That's true, I'm still in highschool so it's quite easy. Twisted Evil But in university it will be harder.

Another advice that works: always stay calm. Even when you're desperately running out of time at an exam, or whatever. Only staying calm can save you. If you freak out, you can either get
1) your memory / insight back
2) get blocked

For most people the second thing counts, so stay calm. It will improve your results. Smile You also will have less tendencies to threaten a fellow pupil.
jongoldsz
You should be happy, you have more time to study for the final.
coolclay
Wow thats funny, I wish something crazy like that would happen around here. That guy either has some serious mental issues, or he was really drugged up or both. But either way at least you have extra time to procrastina..., uh I mean study.
heady233
Liu wrote:
http://www.keyt.com/news/local/2514156.html

I know finals are stressful but I guess this class just made this guy snap. This happened at my University yesterday, in a lecture hall I frequent. Although the news article doesn't really describe the detail, I know some people who were actually in that class taking the final.

They said after about 10 minutes or so, the student ran up to the professor with his blue book (it's what you write answers in) and yelled at him to look at it. Then he said "I'm going to kill everyone if I don't get an A!" He held onto a girl and talked about sacrificing her. That's when people started to run out of the classroom. The police and SWAT came, and when they found him he was just sitting alone on the bench outside the classroom. He was handcuffed promptly.

As a result, the final has been postponed until after spring break.

Maybe someone can copy cat it tomorrow in my ECE final tomorrow, i'm so not looking forward to it. :\

EDIT:
Here's a more involved article released by our school:
http://www.dailynexus.com/news/2006/11245.html


He's crazy! I wish I had read this thread sooner. I wonder what the girl he said he would sacrafice did when she finally got away. Do you know?
Liu
Sorry I don't know. :\

However, some girls were throwing up outside after they ran out because they were so scared.
Related topics
GTA: San Andreas PC (OFFICIAL THREAD)
Beginning of the End of the World?
What game will you want to live in?
islam is...
Anti-Saddam tendancy of our president is a good thing.
American Man Shoots Boy For Walking on His Lawn!
Abortion or Murder?
The Anti-Christ
Anything is POSSIBLE!
Is 'world peace' impossible?
Iran: very close to the nuclear power!!!
Radical Muslims - When will they stop?
Torture your mother?
Should SUICIDE be ilegal?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.