FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Witch Hunter Robin

yiusunhk
Hey who's seen Witch Hunter Robin? It's a pretty cool anime about witches and witch hunters of course. The emotion and ideas are pretty profound as well. Human and their natural powers. Witches? Maybe and maybe Witches being on a completely different level of human being. Pretty cool. After seeing the whole anime though I really was stoked about whether Amon and Robin actually survived. I mean I sure hope they did otherwise Id reckon what a waste of an anime. All that happens for them to just die and disappear. What do people think? They died or they didn't? Everyone else seemed to be safe and sound. I mean after the building exploded and all.

Free comments please~! ^-^
exarkun
I have seen it on the tv as there is a period where they show anime nowadays. It was a good anime, except that coming in during the halfway, I don't really know what is happenning... Only with the STN killing the witches who abuses their power, but the member of STN also uses their power to kill or capture the witches, then aren't them the same? Rolling Eyes
Demo
i personaly don't like WHR it's get's boring watching them kill/caputure witches it gets repetive.
yiusunhk
But did you watch the lot of it... it gets really good after midway cause thats when all the story comes into the anime. Well like the capturing is just like pokemon anyways of course different in heaps of ways but its sorta like that.
diddle
the only episode i remember is when they captured that one kid. He had like a parrot or something and he didn't think he'd be captured cuz he was only a kid. Like he smashed his uncle or grandpa or father in his car with his witch powers. I think thats what happened.... but anyway, I didn't really like it so i didnt watch much and because i didnt watch it enough, that was probably why i didn't like it.
exarkun
diddle wrote:
the only episode i remember is when they captured that one kid. He had like a parrot or something and he didn't think he'd be captured cuz he was only a kid. Like he smashed his uncle or grandpa or father in his car with his witch powers. I think thats what happened.... but anyway, I didn't really like it so i didnt watch much and because i didnt watch it enough, that was probably why i didn't like it.

hey man, I know that one. It was about his uncle using the boy's power to rob a hefty amount of money. Then his uncle tried to crash him inside the car, but he was recused by the STN. In the end, the kid, with his uncle dead, was brought away by dunno what kind of train. Laughing
Juparis
Wow, I haven't seen W-H.R. in a loooong time. My anime experience is limited to whatever's on [adult swim], which isn't a lot, since most of the time it's comedy..

Still, I'm glad someone mentioned this. I remember staying up late to watch the latest episode, and I would watch Wolf's Rain afterwards... I think I remember that episode to. I don't know if this was the first episode aired, but the first I saw (that sticks out in my mind) was one in which the group was in a church or library of some sort. A man, somewhere in the corner, had a sand-drawn circle on the ground. With a slip of his fingers, he continually tripped people or something... Now I'm just confusing myself...
Scaramanga
Yeah, like the OP said, you really need to see the whole series through to finally grasp everything that was going on. And the main story really doesn't start until about midway through.

Also, WHR had quite possibly one of the best OPs I've seen/heard in past decade or so.
benwhite
It's the kind of anime that's better to watch all in a row. It moves to slowly and the story is too convoluted to watch over a long period of time.

Otherwise it's pretty solid. I'd group it with Wolf's Rain.
devinkye00
I love this anime ^_^ I started watching since it first started showing on CN. It cought my attention since I am a really big fan of wicth and witch hunters. I highly suggest it to all Very Happy
memo
thanks for unformation but I don't wach this anime Rolling Eyes
yiusunhk
Yeh lol well I suggest that you did watch it then. -.-" If you're willing to watch through the whole thing non stop...it sorta becomes a really lon movie just that the earlier stuff kinda just introduces everone in a very very slow manner :S:S
04S07
Yeah I love WHR... too bad there's only one season and only 26 episodes =(

I would love to see who the new hunter is...
yiusunhk
I still dont believe they actually died...I swear they survived. But thats my deduction so whatever.
carlokes
I've watched the serie and i like it a lot. I really like the charisma of Robin and how the story evolves. It really kept me in front of the screen watching until it ended.

For those who haven't seen it i recommended since it is a very well ranked anime and it is worthwhile watching it Razz
exarkun
Well ranked? Oh ya it is true, but only the starting part and the part where Robin meet the 'ancient' witch that should have been dead a long time ago. The middle part is just the rountine story where the people from STN captures and kill witches.
shinnoyami
i watched most episodes.. i missed a few in the middle (or nearly midle) when i got back to watching it, i was lost. I think they got out alive, but it's the mistery of the series. if someone wants to pick it up, then he could say they survived, but if the series doesn't continue, they died together.

I liked the creepy feel of the show, how it was so quiet at one moment and then another moment you see someone getting crippled by them selves.
juliox
Nice anime, i Liked it too, well i guess there did not die at that time, thats for sure, as you said it is a nice anime i hope that it would be a second season but i guess that is only a dream...
Revvion
It was a so so anime for me, not good but not bad either. the story was nice aldo abit weird on some points
Mayday
I loved it. What happened to it? Was it canceled? or did CN just sorta drop it?
Winterborne
I really loved this anime series when it came on Cartoon Network. The ideas were really profound and I really enjoyed the artwork, especially the 2d/3d backgrounds. The plot to the entire thing was very nice. I'm actually hoping to be able to get the series soon once we get some money in.
nadk
i like that anime, not sure what happense since i never finished it Razz , but i will, some day soon
rampantinsanity
We actually have Witch Hunter Robin on DVD. It's a great anime and I love watching it over and over again. Maybe a little too much, but is that even possible? Too much anime? Nah!

Anywho, I need good pictures of Robin for reference because I'm going to cosplay her and I want to do it RIGHT. Unfortunately, I'm plus sized so I'll be a very well fed Robin and I don't know how to sew, even if my life depended on it I'm not sure that I could. My husband finds it ironic that I'm a 'witch' in real life and I'm going to be cosplaying Robin.

-Alunasa from Rampant Insanity