FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Subdomain?

Hi...

I am not very clear as to wether I get a free subdomain when registering, or wether I have to get my own domain??

Thanks in advance... This sounds like a great service.

I like the forum idea... i was looking for new forums anyway :p

-Asha.

PS. You only check the activity on the forums, right? Is it ok if I don't update my website for a long time? And, as I haven't built my website yet, if, after succesfully applying for free hosting, I don't upload my website for a while?? Thanks again.
Blaster
Well yea you get free subdomain site.frih.net.

The site thing I dont' thinkg you would get in trouble if you where to not up date it for a while. But i would suggest signing up and when you get the site finished then aply for hosting.
n0obie4life
We will give you a subdomain (*.frih.net), you are free to use your own top level domain if you own one.

You can have a totally empty account or a seldom/unfrequently updated page. We don't really bother, unless you broke our Terms of Service Smile. All we want you to do is to stay active on our forums when you have an account with us.
TeenZine
Veary well put nobi !
Im not sure what subdomain means at the beginning but when i read this forum i think i have a clue to what it is. Is subdomain like the ending of the site such as co.uk,.org,.net ect.

I kinda need help because i dont know were is the place were i see how muc points i have could anyone help?

I also love the idea of the forum but i think it would be great when you become a member you dont have to keep posting regulary to keep your page up. this might put me off because i might forget to post in the forums and i think frihost should change somthing like making a 150mb storage to people who have sent 5 quality post and dont post regulary and give to people who post regulary 250mb that would be better as it would take pressure off. It would be bad to people who have spent a lot of time making a site and then it wasnt hosted no more because they never participated much to the forums.
KMKM
Anonymous wrote:
Im not sure what subdomain means at the beginning but when i read this forum i think i have a clue to what it is. Is subdomain like the ending of the site such as co.uk,.org,.net ect.

I kinda need help because i dont know were is the place were i see how muc points i have could anyone help?

I also love the idea of the forum but i think it would be great when you become a member you dont have to keep posting regulary to keep your page up. this might put me off because i might forget to post in the forums and i think frihost should change somthing like making a 150mb storage to people who have sent 5 quality post and dont post regulary and give to people who post regulary 250mb that would be better as it would take pressure off. It would be bad to people who have spent a lot of time making a site and then it wasnt hosted no more because they never participated much to the forums.

1st of all there is no pressure to anyone.. as if u have posted enough . you will have 45 points at the start of a day.. so no matter what your site will be up for 1 and a half months .... so atleast u can post in that time.
and a subdomain means like this

subdomain.yahoo.com
subdomain.frih.net

but a top grade domain means
yahoo.com
frihost.com

got it?

Kudos!
~KMKM
menno
very nice Razz
i was asking me that 2 but now i know it Very Happy